Battlefield 3 teaser

Kevlon

• Replies 334
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Got it two days ago. Some thoughts...

I have to admit, it is really impressive how well they made the game. It is very smooth even on my non-top-of-the-line nuclear powered machine. The game play itself, is nothing revolutionary...

Did like the F-18 ride in the campaign... the eye candy was spectacular.

Did like the F-18 ride in the campaign... the eye candy was spectacular.

As far as rail segments go, it's probably the best I've seen. And the walk up to the deck through the cat shot and climb out rates 100 on the immersion scale.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

As far as rail segments go, it's probably the best I've seen. And the walk up to the deck through the cat shot and climb out rates 100 on the immersion scale.

+1

im. Happy to say this is the best game on the pc to date.

• Like 1

Intel i5 3.2 ghz

8 GB crucial ram

gtx 660 superclocked 2gb

500watt corsair psu

win7 64bit

extreme pro

track ir5

Turtle beach x12

For sure. Bunch of BS that it doesn't You can't even slew the view in vechicles without losing control of the vecheicel. Who was the genius that designed that?! I understand that works for mouse control, but give us an option.

Ive tryed mapping view to hat switch with no joy!

Intel i5 3.2 ghz

8 GB crucial ram

gtx 660 superclocked 2gb

500watt corsair psu

win7 64bit

extreme pro

track ir5

Turtle beach x12

Been playing over the weekend. This game is incredible - I'm lucky in that I've got about 8 friends playing and we squad up on Ventrilo. Absolutely awesome game. I quite like the feel of the choppers too...they're (clearly) not realistic, but they do have a good "flight" feel to them..!

I think it's also the best looking pc game to date.

Intel i7 6700k, Asus GTX1070, 16gb DDR4 @ 3200mhz, CH Fighterstick, CH Pro Throttle, CH Pro Rudder Pedals, Samsung Evo 850 SSD @ 500GB * 2, TrackIR 5 and 27" monitor running at 2560 * 1440, Windows 10.

Battlelog username: CoveringFire

Usually on and off between 5pm and whatever time i need to sleep

Really enjoying the game, couple of little niggles like the IRNV night scope being used in broad daylight, and its irritating when you're facing a 'team' consisting of what seems like a hundred snipers and mortar crews.

Its interesting to see how few people understand how to work as a team, and how easy it is to pummel the enemy with a few good players who can work together. The number of times you see engineers run straight past a damaged friendly tank, or refuse to turn 180º to heal a downed team mate in case they miss a kill and some all-important points. Theres no I in team, but apparently there is in Battlefield.

Enough rambletalk. Would be good to play with/against some people in the right mindset for the game.

Battlelog username: Plumhead2002

My sht for brains mean I keep using the mouse to scroll weapons so i end up fking around trying to defib someone.

I also find it pretty frustrating when people dont highlight the enemy, makes it hard for effective air cover, I usually press Q before I press shoot, sometimes it doesnt seem to highlight them, perhaps its a server thing?

Still trying to work out if it is worth persuing all the rifles or sticking with the M16 and AK47. I havnt found a comparison yet, infantry is my first choice, perhaps I'll have a look on the web for a guide to weapons.

NOt sure the favourite map, i like Canals, obviously Metro is intense but the nade and RPG spamming can be annoying especially if you cant find ammo to lob heaps back. Its certainly not tactical and I can imagine if someone plays it all the time they would get all the weapons pretty quick.

The one I like the least is the highway in the dusk/dark.

There are some good places on some maps where teams seem to just work together, the one in the alley is pretty cool when you get a few folk there and the Sein crossing.

I would rather play a co-ordinated game defo work as a team, what do you need to do that, im in a platoon but that doesnt mean anything, obviously needs team speak.

What a game though, I recon it will get better too.

Is it me or is the only way to join a server to keep clicking on them until the players drop to 63/64 and hitting join before anyone else (in Australia, all the servers are constanstly full). Can you wait in line?

Do you guys even know what EA's Origin does?

It's scanning your HD and sends data to EA and Amazon. Even while installing.

Just check the Amazon Ratings eg. in Germany:

http://www.amazon.de/product-reviews/B004M17DVM/ref=dp_top_cm_cr_acr_txt?ie=UTF8&showViewpoints=1

3600+ Ratings, 3300+ of them 1 Star :D

Its amusing that you think they're the first to do it. In fact, its amusing to think that people actually believe they have any privacy at all on the internet.

Not saying that i think they're right, and i cant imagine it lasting long with that sort of blatant dodgy behaviour. But this sort of thing is only set to get worse.

No doubt it'll all blow over and people will forget about it though when the next big controversial screw up hits the internet. Anyone remember all the fuss about Starforce?

Do you guys even know what EA's Origin does?

It's scanning your HD and sends data to EA and Amazon. Even while installing.

Just check the Amazon Ratings eg. in Germany:

http://www.amazon.de/product-reviews/B004M17DVM/ref=dp_top_cm_cr_acr_txt?ie=UTF8&showViewpoints=1

3600+ Ratings, 3300+ of them 1 Star :D

Original accusation:

6lGUOFjMuQA

http://pc.systemlink.me/2011/10/origin-knows-if-youre-gay-or-have.html

EA Denial:

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2011-11-01-ea-denies-origin-spying-on-battlefield-3-users

Origin work-around (though I myself wouldn't bother because as stated above you'd be silly in thinking that a PC connected to the Internet is 'private'):

http://gamasutra.com/view/news/38304/Hackers_Work_Around_Battefield_3s_Origin_Requirement.php

I hope this thread doesn't get derailed.

Edited by hassata

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]