Battlefield 3 teaser

Kevlon

• Replies 334
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

got to level 18 without a single crash hehe. Guess I did something right as I could never get BF2 to run for more then 10 mins without BSODs

Thumbs up for BF3 hehe

Lol. U must be hammering it!!

Intel i5 3.2 ghz

8 GB crucial ram

gtx 660 superclocked 2gb

500watt corsair psu

win7 64bit

extreme pro

track ir5

Turtle beach x12

Worst Level = Tehran Highway

Worst Attachment = Cheating IR Scope

Pointless Thing = Wall-E

Aside from that, loving the game, still cant recreate that Battlefield Vietnam of flying low over the rivers transporting troops with the music blaring, is it the maps or has the game changed so much that.

I recon, if they got rid of landing craft (or reduced them slightly) and got rid of the AA artillary, had no attack helos just hueys and then mixed the canals level with the one with the Antenna you would have a great mission.

Its still very much every man for himself, any idea how you join a server who is looking for team work?

I'm trying to find some Euro-based, Team-oriented PS3 players myself. After reading and implementing this excellent SimHq guide (http://www.simhq.com/_land3/land_165a.html), I find that usually at least one other member of a random squad will 'get it' and start working with me. Even if that doesn't happen, I'm enjoying the game a lot more now. P.S.: Try the SimHq server noted at the end of the article. I'm sure that'll be stocked with Team-oriented PC players.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I have seen the EOD bot arm a bomb a few times on rush, but I think its a novelty unlock that is only useful in a very specific instance.

I really hope the Karkand pack will bring back some of the great gameplay that I remember from BF2. But it will be interesting to see how effective attack helicopters are on Sharqi now that MANPADS are in the mix.

The right man in the wrong place makes all the difference in the world.

Current Projects:  Grayflag ServerScripting Wiki

Useful Links: Mission Scripting Tools MIST-(GitHub) MIST-(Thread)

SLMOD, Wiki wishlist, Mission Editing Wiki!, Mission Building Forum

@Grimes

I know a few people who ae also complaining that, while fun, that BF3 isn't living up to its predecessor in terms of battle intensity and overall gameplay. They say the sights and sounds are much better, but it feels as though something was compromised in lieu of the eye & ear candy. Of course, these same guys are older and feel thaat BF2 never lived up to BF42 in terms of epic battles and maps.

Right so how can a game with better eye candy and a better engine be getting progressively worse. (Although I may be taking liberties suggesting that it is getting worse!).

I never played BF42 on line (or off line) but BF2 and BF Vietnam plany, im not sure about the intesity or overall gameplay, its certainly a bit fustrating, i really seem to suffer from a lack of awareness because I am constantly stabbed in the back, like somehow they can see me sneaking into position but I cant see them.

Its also a pain that tanks can level buildings to such an extent that only a pile of rubble remains, I understand that in real life a tank can level a building but its not real life, its a game.

I recon they need to make maps a bit bigger or concentrate on some choke points and then fewer flags. If you can funnel people into the kill zone then you wont have 32 rambo's running around the map.

Get JoyToKey ad use HAT to emulate mouse movement.

http://www.electracode.com/4/joy2key/JoyToKey%20English%20Version.htm

Sokol1

Though, you still have to hold a key for freeview and controls doesn`t work meanwhile, right? Or is there a trick?

Freeview is only useful to me, when flying level and to see around and maybe pick up the next target.

EDIT: 76_IAP_EagleEye (@Origin)

Edited by EagleEye

Deutsche DCS-Flughandbücher

SYSSpecs: i7-4790K @4GHz|GA-Z97X-SLI|16GB RAM|ASUS GTX1070|Win10 64bit|TrackIR5|TM Warthog/Saitek Pro Pedals

what's the point of epic battles if it resembles jerry bruckheimer movie? the amount of obviously unrealistic things in this game is so plentiful just from the gameplay and trailer videos.

i'd say arma 2 is closer to earning that title.

I dont think BF3 is aiming to be realistic, it is certainly 32 people running around doing their own thing, im a bit torn at the moment, i like that action, but I do prefer realism. Ive not played Arma2 on line - do they have full scale battles?

What gets me is noone protects your flanks, and if you try and protect someones flanks they just run off and you get stabbed in the back.

There is no co-operation, it is every person for themselves, although I have worked OK in some squads when I have noticed the green arrow is following me on the mini map, I know Ive got a squad player who is thinking like me, just wish I could talk to them.

There is definately a lack of awareness, I feel really vunerable and unable get a picture of the battlefield and the all of a sudden the red 'im being shot' circle lights up on my flank and before I can dive im dead.

Im upto level 18 now so ive played a bit, kept away from teh 24/7 Metro Points Farms but I still look forward to sitting down with a cold beer and having a few rounds.

I just seem to be constantly waiting for the best fps, IMO this isnt it, for me anyway.

THey are definitely not aiming for authenticity, though this part (except for the red circle lol) sounds close:

There is definately a lack of awareness, I feel really vunerable and unable get a picture of the battlefield and the all of a sudden the red 'im being shot' circle lights up on my flank and before I can dive im dead.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

THey are definitely not aiming for authenticity, though this part (except for the red circle lol) sounds close:

Haha, yeah good point!

I suppose what I meant is, if there are 32 pairs of eyes you should perhaps have more of a picture of the battlefield and if you were in a team, you 'might' feel a little less vunerable because someone is watching your back.

But yeah, you never hear the shot that kills you, its possible the most authentic part of the game, well spotted!! :thumbup:

• 2 weeks later...

It's a game! Not an infantry training simulator. The people you're playing with are in the teen demographic and not trained in any way whatsoever, virtual or real, on combat tactics. You can lead a horse to water...

But you can tell the squads that are: they'll come in and basically clean up the map, have the best K/D and are near unstoppable.

It's a game! Not an infantry training simulator. The people you're playing with are in the teen demographic and not trained in any way whatsoever, virtual or real, on combat tactics. You can lead a horse to water...

But you can tell the squads that are: they'll come in and basically clean up the map, have the best K/D and are near unstoppable.

I thought it was pre-requisit to play before joining up, you mean I should have been out getting fit and not learning military manouvers on my PC?

Anyway, it is a game I agree, a team game, so the idea is to work together to win the game, you dont need to be infantry trained and no-one is suggesting that.

My point is noone does work together (except the squads you mention), perhaps through certain levels designed and rewarded better for being in squads, extra points for killing within a tight radius of your squads and points when someone in your squad near you also kills someone, perhaps that way you can encourage a team game.

Just a thought, there is room for both, couldnt you have a separate team points server with different rules?

I thought it was pre-requisit to play before joining up, you mean I should have been out getting fit and not learning military manouvers on my PC?

Anyway, it is a game I agree, a team game, so the idea is to work together to win the game, you dont need to be infantry trained and no-one is suggesting that.

My point is noone does work together (except the squads you mention), perhaps through certain levels designed and rewarded better for being in squads, extra points for killing within a tight radius of your squads and points when someone in your squad near you also kills someone, perhaps that way you can encourage a team game.

Just a thought, there is room for both, couldnt you have a separate team points server with different rules?

You mean you never noticed the points you get from healing, reviving, distributing ammo, repairing, following squad leader's orders? Or the ribbons for top squad?

Well hell, why not just make it so you insta explode if you go outside a certain radius of your squad leader.

It's a mass market product so don't expect any level of co-ordination but here's a cliched thought - why not get 3 buddies and make a squad if you can't stand pugs. Don't blame the tools.

You mean you never noticed the points you get from healing, reviving, distributing ammo, repairing, following squad leader's orders? Or the ribbons for top squad?

Well hell, why not just make it so you insta explode if you go outside a certain radius of your squad leader.

It's a mass market product so don't expect any level of co-ordination but here's a cliched thought - why not get 3 buddies and make a squad if you can't stand pugs. Don't blame the tools.

Timeframes mainly, I dont know when I can get on, I am unable to organise it so if I get 30 mins or an hour I'll fire it up.

I do heal and receive ammo, I recon Metro, because you are all forced into a small area is where most healing and ammo is regardless of being in squads, because everyone is forced to work together (in a bit of a mad scramble) also on the mines trying to get through the side tunnels is close to what I am describing as team play.

So these two are examples of how a map design can create a different experience. Now whilst I really like the openness of the maps and hate the forced linear SP action, it would be nice to consider some similar choke points on future maps to force the players together.

I know your going to come back with "what about flags. what about objective" all forcing players together, but if you dont get my point there is an answer to everything.

I do like the game, my favourite parts of the game are where you have medics and ammos machine guns and nade launchers and you are taking it in turns to clear an area until you can push through.

I think america's army does it very well and yet still has that tactical skill. Problem with AA is its not the BF3 engine with all the players and guns and weapons which is why I would like BF3 to perhaps easily in future map designs consider this.

Of course you are welcome to disagree with me.

You're right about the lack of team play in BF3. Thats not its biggest issue though. Theres much more of a problem in the tossers that will deliberately damage (or destroy) your vehicle if they wanted to drive. Unfortunately its a problem that has been around long before BF2 was released, and its becoming more of a problem as time goes by.

However, even a squad of two people can do exceptionally well. Stick to cover, cover eachothers movements and you wont get caught out nearly as often.

The biggest flaw in Americas Army 3 was that it was released. The second biggest flaw is that straight after release the dev team got dumped and now theres no proper fixes. I can honestly say that i've never played a game as awful as that. Americas Army 2 was one of my all-time favorite games, until the final patch which all but ruined it.

AA3 is about as fluid as a bag of rocks falling down a hill. Every movement feels unnatural and awkward. I tried to like it, i really wanted to enjoy it, but i just cant. The days of developers taking time to get things right before release are long gone. Its only about the $$$ now.