LAN Mode without Master Server Connection

CHSubZero

• Replies 311
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Isnt this an open door for piracy-cracked-all-module-multi-play-with-your-friends? We dont live in a everybody-is-nice world. Therefor:

We don't live in a world where internet is available everywhere either...

System: Asus z270 A Prime, Intel i7-7700K 4.8GHz, 32GB DDR4, RTX2080, Samsung 500GB 850 EVO SSD.

Valve Index VR, TM Warthog Throttle & Grip, Virpil MongoosT-50CM2 base, TM TPDR Rudders.

We don't live in a world where internet is available everywhere either...

Doesnt that make you glare to a specific government to stimulate companys somehow to dig a hole and put a cable in it instead of buying more JDAM's? :glare:

Edited by BRooDJeRo

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Isnt this an open door for piracy-cracked-all-module-multi-play-with-your-friends? We dont live in a everybody-is-nice world. Therefor:

Hmm, A-10C on sale: $14.99, P-51D: $9.99... vs. download a crack everytime they patch/update the sim? Still I can only play multiplayer in LAN mode, over a complex VPN setup...

Personally I would think most people will simply pay the few bucks for the module... DCS World is for free anyway.

If ED checks integrity and keys before updating installs should be secure enough.

In general I think this is a hobby for people who will support the products anyway, heck, I just bought a second BS2 License (Full Version) in the last sale, because I don't want to go through re-installing BS1 next time I do a "fresh" re-installation... and to support ED, of course.

I think if people want to crack a product, they will do anyway... Even dongle/secure key protected stuff is cracked, again and again, but professinals pay for CAD or Photoshop and private people won't buy it anyway, if it wasn't "available for free". So the "we miss on sales!" argument is not valid. People who use a crack, won't necessarily buy the product, whereas people buying the product won't switch to a crack simply to safe money. :D

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

LAN support would be great, especially for the conventions i visit every year, with LAN we could really show DCS world in it's full potential! Not just for Aerobatic purposes but flying all modules in a single mission makes allot of jaw dropping people:).

Edited by vtsgoose

• 4 weeks later...

The Jetesons.com will be the 60th anniversary of the PAF in Salon de Provence in late May.

Well, we will not present anything on DCS as an internet line is not organizable.

Too bad for the promotion of the product in an important meeting.

If you buy more new aircraft 50 dollars as Hu1, and you can not use it in the demo, this is a scam :-)

That said I do not even have to worry about money, I will never buy an addon for the price.

Chinese Proverb not :-) By dint of being too greedy we always end up hungry -.)

The Jetesons.com will be the 60th anniversary of the PAF in Salon de Provence in late May.

Well, we will not present anything on DCS as an internet line is not organizable.

Too bad for the promotion of the product in an important meeting.

If you buy more new aircraft 50 dollars as Hu1, and you can not use it in the demo, this is a scam :-)

That said I do not even have to worry about money, I will never buy an addon for the price.

Chinese Proverb not :-) By dint of being too greedy we always end up hungry -.)

DCS Modules are more than Addons. They do more than a DLC for a shooter does. Actually, the modules are the only real reason why everybody downloads DCS World. And thats not a fault, it is intended that way.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

DCS Modules are more than Addons. They do more than a DLC for a shooter does. Actually, the modules are the only real reason why everybody downloads DCS World. And thats not a fault, it is intended that way.

I criqtique not creative principle. I did not just fall from the cradle. I'm 55 and I know the principle of addons. FSX is not new either, and there are dozens of years as companies other than Mircosoft, sell supplements.

What I blame it on ED ADDON .. it is greed, plain too High for a unit price certainemnt well done, but compared to the original boxes or lockon FC2 does not have a similar content. Even the A10 complex is cheaper.

ED is a trader and they are right to ensure their profitability, only there is too much, it becomes indecent and if they do not want to see the enthusiasm of the community decline, should he not realize too late.

Me for sure if I would follow ED is reasonable and respectful to the seller as the buyer. So not the UH1 for now :-)

Jype,

The A-10C module is cheaper because it is over two years old. As you are probably aware, computer games are typically reduced in price when they have been for sale for a while.

And also, no, you can not apply the principle of "addons" here. The DCS World platform is free, that's a pretty good "demo" in my opinion. If a specific aircraft is later too expensive for what you consider it worth, just wait until it's older. Like the A-10. ;)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester

Me for sure if I would follow ED is reasonable and respectful to the seller as the buyer. So not the UH1 for now :-)

You do realize that ED did not produce the UH-1H. Belsimtek produced it and I doubt ED told them what to charge.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup: