Take On Helicopter - New game by Bohemia Interactive

Eight Ball

Well ok, subjective. Not out of control but also not too much into control I can fly where I want but it´s difficult just because of the "digital throttle" (Idle,full) and the weak rudder. In OA I had to tune all the controls to make it flyable. Will give it another try (more than 5 mins).

Doesn´t feels good atm. I´m confident that this is going to be a great game in a very far feature. FM is the core of a heli game. :P

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• Replies 416
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well ok, subjective. Not out of control but also not too much into control I can fly where I want but it´s difficult just because of the "digital throttle" (Idle,full) and the weak rudder. In OA I had to tune all the controls to make it flyable. Will give it another try (more than 5 mins).

Doesn´t feels good atm. I´m confident that this is going to be a great game in a very far feature. FM is the core of a heli game. :P

Have you set brake and thrust (analogue) (in german: Gas und Bremse (analog) for youre throttle? This is what it did for me.

I found that the latest preview build is to easy. More armaish then the last version. No need to compensate with pedals after raising collective. Heli is so stable with autrotrim off. Don`t know if this is better...:unsure:

Edited by EagleEye

Deutsche DCS-Flughandbücher

SYSSpecs: i7-4790K @4GHz|GA-Z97X-SLI|16GB RAM|ASUS GTX1070|Win10 64bit|TrackIR5|TM Warthog/Saitek Pro Pedals

Well I think I forgot to set them analogue thats why it felt so bloody digital I guess :D Will try that tomorrow again.

Have you tried it yet?

After switching Autotrim ON and then OFF it is OFF and we have Torque-Induced-YAW back...:music_whistling:

SYSSpecs: i7-4790K @4GHz|GA-Z97X-SLI|16GB RAM|ASUS GTX1070|Win10 64bit|TrackIR5|TM Warthog/Saitek Pro Pedals

Have you set brake and thrust (analogue) (in german: Gas und Bremse (analog) for youre throttle? This is what it did for me.

I found that the latest preview build is to easy. More armaish then the last version. No need to compensate with pedals after raising collective. Heli is so stable with autrotrim off. Don`t know if this is better...:unsure:

Kinda depends on what helicopter you fly... (even in the same model range but different airframes).

Some airframes require more AT (anti-torque) than others. Quite weird but every airframe has his own distinct character. As a pilot you learn to feel those different things and fly with em nonetheless.

And basically my point is that when you don't require much pedals it can be quite realistic. But no pedals is unrealistic ofcourse.

Raising the MP at a given rpm (say 3000) it's quite possible that you need to put pedals in to where you feel the ground getting 'loose' and after that you don't require much more input except for a bit more pulling on the collective.

Just saying... Haven't tried the game yet but I'm quite interested. Unfortunately I don't have operation arrowhead so I'll have to wait a while.

Gave it a try today with full analogue throttle and everthing off. It was quite nice. Felt a bittle to light(weight) compared to Xplane MD 500 but it was well controllable. Hover is a bit tricky because of the high rolling tendency. The startup procedure is also bit strange.

Not that bad keeping in mind it´s an early preview.

(V 82160)

Edited by BKLronin
Added tested version

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Kinda depends on what helicopter you fly... (even in the same model range but different airframes).

Some airframes require more AT (anti-torque) than others. Quite weird but every airframe has his own distinct character. As a pilot you learn to feel those different things and fly with em nonetheless..."

Yes I know.

In first preview build you had to apply rudders when youre are not flying with Autotrim ON. In the 82390 build they turned Autotrim ON by default (no indication for that), so no pedal adjustment was needed to compensate raising collective. By turning Autotrim ON and OFF is was OFF then. Sounds strange but that is the case.:)

• 2 weeks later...

The world is amazing compared to DCS world. I love the near perfect realistic Systems and FM of DCS series, but seeing people fly around in that sort of world is so impressive.

Seating position seems very strange. Like pilots head is against door glass/frame. Seems too high. Could not find a video on youtube with real start up and settings. Lots of crazy flying though. What is the violent shaking that seems to happen at random times? Turbulence or something with the piloting skills?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Aaron

i7 2600k@4.4ghz, GTX1060-6gb, 16gb DDR3, T16000m, Track IR5

BS2-A10C-UH1-FC3-M2000-F18C-A4E-F14B-BF109

• 1 month later...

Not bad! I hope the the features list stays longer than the bug list may be. :P

Anyone preordered?

EDIT:

They should "render" the streets otherwise you will see flat not moving pixel cars when you do rescue missions or similar.

Edited by BKLronin

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I'm going to buy both, TKOH and CH. I fly TakeOn Community Preview, and I'm happy with it, I like civilian sims, I like choppers, and I love Seattle map screenshots and videos.

Keep in mind TKOH will have open architecture, just like Arma. I can see a lot of community mods.

Anyone preordered?

Not yet. I hesitate, because I don`t know if it will meet my expectations.

They should "render" the streets otherwise you will see flat not moving pixel cars when you do rescue missions or similar.

I hope so to. Looks a little odd now. I´m eager to find out if it will have car/air traffic.

Yes, seattle maps looking great. Can`t wait to fly between those scyscrappers.

tkoh_gc_1280x800_1.jpg?9d7bd4

Looks very very good. Graphics are awesome by now (Look a those reflections). The FM I experienced in the preview is also getting more and more usable. I´m still not sure about the game mechanics.

I hope it´s somewhere in between FSX missions with the EH101 and Sim Copter :D

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Mmmm,interesting,146 posts,majority like what they see,

3 ED posts = negative vibes,

C/mon guy's :(

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]Keep the faith

AMD PHENOM II X 4 955be @3.2 GHZ | ASUS M4A88TD-V EVO mb | Corsair XMS3-8GB Dual Channel DDR3 Memory | Nvidea GTX 580 GDDR5 GPU | CNPS9900 NT cooler | Corsair HX850W psu | Seagate Barracuda 500GB HD 300 MBps - 7200 rpm | WIN 7 64bit | 32" HD LCD TV | 5.1 surround sound | wireless keyboard and mouse | Saitek x45 hotas.

Blah

I just can't get over how the Bell 412 doesn't LOOK like a Bell 412. It's like squished or something. Hurts my eyes.

Just keep repeating to yourself over and over "it's only a game,it's only a game" :smilewink:

PS: I wasn't referring to anyone in particular TBH, just pointing out the blatantly obvious! :smartass:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]Keep the faith

AMD PHENOM II X 4 955be @3.2 GHZ | ASUS M4A88TD-V EVO mb | Corsair XMS3-8GB Dual Channel DDR3 Memory | Nvidea GTX 580 GDDR5 GPU | CNPS9900 NT cooler | Corsair HX850W psu | Seagate Barracuda 500GB HD 300 MBps - 7200 rpm | WIN 7 64bit | 32" HD LCD TV | 5.1 surround sound | wireless keyboard and mouse | Saitek x45 hotas.