1.1.0.7 patch -> Pixel anomaly

leonsilver

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you even know if what you're attempting is defined behavior?

Developers usually attempt using different code paths, for instance x-plane 10 developer blog and ATI woes about cars and weather.

Software is complex, drivers are buggy, given that it only manifests in DCS engine seems fishy. Not fixing major visual artifacts for the matter of principle is for me plain foolish. Dozens of sims got it right, you can't. Whose at fault? Apparently ATI users for buying your product.

Hi,

Anyone tried the drivers 12.1 - 12.4? Is there still the problem with white boxes?

I have installed the new driver for my 6950 2Gig card and what I notice is the increase in visual quality in the MFDs the maps are outstanding now. Along with the quality of the images from farther away now trees and the like are perfect as far as I am concerned. not a picky person though.

I realy don't pay attention to the white boxes though so not sure. They only last for a fraction of a second on my PC so I don't give them much thought.

This was a Boutique Builder iBuypower rig. Until I got the tinker bug again i7 920 @3.6Mhz 12Gig Corsair XMS3 ram 1600 Nvidia 760 SLi w/4Gig DDR5 Ram Intel 310 SSD HDD 160 Gb + Western Digital 4Terabyte HDD Creative SB X-Fi HD Audio Logitech X-530 5.1 Surround Speaker System Dual Acer 32"Monitors. PSU 1200 w Thermaltake Win10 64Bit.

• 2 weeks later...
I have installed the new driver for my 6950 2Gig card and what I notice is the increase in visual quality in the MFDs the maps are outstanding now. Along with the quality of the images from farther away now trees and the like are perfect as far as I am concerned. not a picky person though.

I realy don't pay attention to the white boxes though so not sure. They only last for a fraction of a second on my PC so I don't give them much thought.

Thanks for the info! I envy you a little that you can ignore the white boxes flashing.

I did some updating of my own too. I took the plunge and did a clean install of DSC World 1.2.2 and downloaded and installed the A10 module for 1.2.2

Good things: Framerate still same as 1.2.0 and no white boxes. Also the flickering that was there before is gone now. It actually looks like it should look now. That's good stuff. Whatever devs did in the micro patch to fix framerate issues fixed the whitebox and flickering issue on 11.6 drivers!

The bad: DRM. Seems re-installing DSC world seems to have eaten one of my activations. DRM in general makes me rage....

The bad: DRM. Seems re-installing DSC world seems to have eaten one of my activations. DRM in general makes me rage....

Also seems the training missions are broken halfway through (at least gun+rockets I tested).

"turn to waypoint 3" and then instruction does not resume :(

• 1 year later...

It's true, CAYMAN/evergreen hardware has hardware bugs, that are known to anyone who looks.

Ben from Laminar got an ATI issue fixed within WEEKS since he actually bothered to have contact with the vendor.

Not to mention his small sales in comparison to ED. All it takes is effort, not posturing about whether there's a hardware bug or not.

Maybe these have been fixed, in the 2 years since the previous post...

Windows 10 Home, Intel Core i7-9700K @ 4.6GHz, Gigabyte GTX 1070 G1 Gaming (8GB VRAM) on 34" LG curved monitor @ 3440x1440, 32GB RAM, TrackIR 3 (with Vector Expansion), Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Saitek Combat Pedals, Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs.