1.1.0.7 patch -> Pixel anomaly

leonsilver

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Issue still present here. Very sad indeed. This is the most wanted fix for me and with all the HDR options offered we are forced to switch it off.

I could be wrong, but I don't think this is an ATI responsability as it worked well in pre .7

C'mon ED, bring a fix for us!!

Oh no?! Again? Very sad news.... again couple of months withot HDR ? :(

Very poor news. I will install 0.8 Today and will check but for me it was 1st issue of 0.7. What with this did ED Team ?????

Webmaster of http://www.yoyosims.pl

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Win 10 64, i9-13900 KF, RTX  4090 24Gb OC, RAM 64Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3600MHz,, 3xSSD+3xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Last info about the issue from Nate. He is not speaking for ED, but there is a possibility that the problem is on ATI/AMD's side.

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=1214921&postcount=11

Seems we are far from solving this one. Time to set HDR off and wait for better times either from a new patch or a new driver (or even a new card). Anyway, a bit dissapointed with the patch, generally speaking.

Edited by miguelaco

Yes, but before 1.1.0.7 / 0.8 I havent this problem. Here is strange. Im not sure with this than its only ATI problem.

Edit: tested and white pixel is still present, from soft to hard, always :(. Pity, new shadows looks amazing, but without HDR not good and too same effect like with HDR on.

dcsa10cfinalvcshadows.jpg

Now the view with HDR + shadows looks amazing. Why with GPU of 69xx cant have turn on still HDR ? :(

Im noticed too no FPS impact if the shadow in VC is or not with Shadows High + HDR. Good work!

Edited by YoYo

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Win 10 64, i9-13900 KF, RTX  4090 24Gb OC, RAM 64Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3600MHz,, 3xSSD+3xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Well it indeed is true, that the issue wasnt there pre patch 1.1.0.7

Anyway, that does not mean that only ED does something "wrong" here.

ED maybe just started using a DX effect / command that they didnt used before that version.

And then it might be indeed a Card / Driver related issue, which would be very sad, as the 69xx card are very good for the money.

And although i instantly started thinking about buying a nvidia card (lol) i am not gonna change my system just for that...

So i hope ED and AMD do communicate which each other here.

I dont think it will be AMD's business to loose every flightsim enthusiast to nvidia. At least i hope..

Nate, good idea, all users of 69xx and A10 can put some posts on ATI Forum. Do some confusion.

This topic will be ok?

http://forums.amd.com/game/categories.cfm?catid=408&entercat=y or http://forums.amd.com/game/categories.cfm?catid=260&entercat=y

AND:

http://forums.amd.com/game/categories.cfm?catid=233&zb=3499403

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Ok did post here http://forums.amd.com/game/messageview.cfm?catid=233&threadid=151344&enterthread=y but will try to put in different corner too. I hope it helps.

Here You can send email: http://emailcustomercare.amd.com/

Edited by YoYo

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

I do not have the white box issue anymore after updating to 1.1.0.8 and using Nates HDR preset mod. I confirmed this by running three different missions and no white boxes anymore. :) I'm using the HARD setting and running Catalyst 11.4 drivers. Perhaps someone else can verify this also.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Lian Li 011 Dynamic Evo, Core i9 11900K @ 5.0GHz, Corsair H150i CPU cooler, Asus Prime Z590-A, Radeon RX6800 XT64GB, Team T-Force Delta DDR4 3600, Corsair RM1000X PSU,  Win 11 x64

Hey,

well i tried that and now i am really confused. Because some thoughts and feelings came up, that i had for the very first time when i saw the white boxes.

Ok. Here's how it goes:

First, Nates HDR preset mod indeed did change some for me. That is on the one hand a reduction of the white box issue. Yes reduction, i still have the issue, but it seems like it does not happen so often as before. But on the other hand, the issue remains active.

I flew the FreeFlight AirStart Mission, which puts you in Kutasi general area. so lots of buildings.

Second, and that is the confusing and interesting part:

In some white box appearances the complete screen is like doing a bright "flash". It seems like something is blinding you very short.

Just like you experience in reality when you drive with your car on a sunny day and a window just reflects sun straight into your eyes for a few moments.

This is what i first thought, when i saw those boxes with 1.1.0.7 but no one ever verified that feature. Reflecting surfaces blinding you for just a moment.

With Nates hdr.fx it really looks like this. And i have to say this time, it looked really cool - despite the white square.

So what you guys think ?

Hey,

well i tried that and now i am really confused. Because some thoughts and feelings came up, that i had for the very first time when i saw the white boxes.

Ok. Here's how it goes:

First, Nates HDR preset mod indeed did change some for me. That is on the one hand a reduction of the white box issue. Yes reduction, i still have the issue, but it seems like it does not happen so often as before. But on the other hand, the issue remains active.

I flew the FreeFlight AirStart Mission, which puts you in Kutasi general area. so lots of buildings.

Second, and that is the confusing and interesting part:

In some white box appearances the complete screen is like doing a bright "flash". It seems like something is blinding you very short.

Just like you experience in reality when you drive with your car on a sunny day and a window just reflects sun straight into your eyes for a few moments.

This is what i first thought, when i saw those boxes with 1.1.0.7 but no one ever verified that feature. Reflecting surfaces blinding you for just a moment.

With Nates hdr.fx it really looks like this. And i have to say this time, it looked really cool - despite the white square.

So what you guys think ?

I just flew that same mission FREE FLIGHT - AIR START for 10 minutes over the cities. I flew at low altitude, medium altitude and high altitude. No white flashing boxes at all. No flashing of any kind.

If it helps, my in-game settings are:

Catalyst 11.4 drivers

Textures - HIGH

Scenes - HIGH

Civ Traffic - HIGH

Water - HIGH

Visib Range - HIGH

Heat blur - OFF

Shadows - MEDIUM

MSAA - 16X (I have "Override application setting" set in AMD VISION Engine Control Center and 8xEQ selected - filter set to "standard"

AF in AMD ENGINE Control Center set to "Use application setting"

TESSALLATION in AMD VISION Engine Control Centrol set to "AMD Optimized" Morphological Filtering - unchecked)

HDR - HARD

VSYNC checked

Cockpit Shadows checked

TSAA checked

Clutter/bushes - 0

Trees - 6000m

Edited by Lucky
added info

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Lian Li 011 Dynamic Evo, Core i9 11900K @ 5.0GHz, Corsair H150i CPU cooler, Asus Prime Z590-A, Radeon RX6800 XT64GB, Team T-Force Delta DDR4 3600, Corsair RM1000X PSU,  Win 11 x64

And what if you just fly over city at low altitude, and then pause the game, go to F2 view and pan around ?

EDIT:

ok i checked your settings, have the same driver version.

I only have VSync turned off and Shadows at high.

Still have the stuff like described above, including the "blinding effect".

Please try flying very low over the city, really low.

Edited by skeemo

And what if you just fly over city at low altitude, and then pause the game, go to F2 view and pan around ?

EDIT:

ok i checked your settings, have the same driver version.

I only have VSync turned off and Shadows at high.

Still have the stuff like described above, including the "blinding effect".

Please try flying very low over the city, really low.

I just flew it again. When I said low in my previous post I should have said very low. I was at tree top level. This time I flew low again, paused (also used active pause) the game panned around in F2 view, still no white boxes. There is some shimmering of some textures but not real noticeable.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Yes the texture shimmering and flickering is something different. Maybe i should try to record it with fraps.

Nate, what do you think about the blinding effect ? Is it wanted or do i just experience a issue ?

AFAIK, HDR is a combination of effects and is possible that the problem arises only with a particular one. In my tests white box incidence varies with the different settings (soft, normal and hard). Using hard settings yields the best results, though white boxes persist. Go to F11 view and pan around some base near a city. Sooner or later you will get white boxes.

AFAIK, HDR is a combination of effects and is possible that the problem arises only with a particular one. In my tests white box incidence varies with the different settings (soft, normal and hard). Using hard settings yields the best results, though white boxes persist. Go to F11 view and pan around some base near a city. Sooner or later you will get white boxes.

Tested it on SOFT, NORMAL and HARD. Went to F11 view, again no white boxes at all. Before I would get them every few seconds. Now none at all.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

11.6 has also cleared up this problem for me.

No more flashing white squares to annoy. :D

i9 9900x at 5.1 Ghz // ASUS ROG Maximus XI Formula EK Bloc // 64Gb Corsair Vengence 3600Mhz DDR4 Ram // Gigabyte Aorus 3090 Watercooled block//Samsung SM951 M2 x4 SSD // Windows 10 64 Bit //48inch LG48 @ 3840x2160 120Hz//Asus ROG Swift PG35VQ 3440 x 14440 144Hz // TM Warthog HOTAS (Ser. No. 00836) //MFG Crosswind Pedals // TrackIR 5 //Varjo Aero

An old pilot is one who remembers when flying was dangerous and sex was safe.