1.1.0.7 patch -> Pixel anomaly

leonsilver

Just to summarize a little, these are the scores now:

AMD/ATI:

10 users with 6950/6970 have the issue

2 users with 6850/6870 don't have the issue

3 users with 5770/5870 don't have the issue

It seems we can narrow the problem here to 69xx cards.

Neg, running a 5770 with 11.4 and I'm getting black screen flickering when looking near the sun with HDR turned on. Haven't read the whole thread but I'm guessing that's the flickering everyone is referring to.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

ASUS M4A785D-M Pro | XFX 650W XXX | AMD Phenom II X4 B55 Black Edition 3.2ghz | 4GB Corsair XMS2 DHX 800mhz | XFX HD 5770 1GB @ 850/1200 | Windows 7 64bit | Logitech G35 | Logitech Mx518 | TrackIR 4

My TrackIR Profile ( Speed 1.2 / Smooth 30 ) - Right click & save as.

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

List was centered around white boxes anomaly only, but perhaps I should have specified. Flickering is happening in my rig also, mainly when looking at the sun so I assume it's the same problem you are experiencing.

Edited by miguelaco

Ah I see. My mistake. :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

ASUS M4A785D-M Pro | XFX 650W XXX | AMD Phenom II X4 B55 Black Edition 3.2ghz | 4GB Corsair XMS2 DHX 800mhz | XFX HD 5770 1GB @ 850/1200 | Windows 7 64bit | Logitech G35 | Logitech Mx518 | TrackIR 4

List was centered around white boxes anomaly only, but perhaps I should have specified. Flickering is happening in my rig also, mainly when looking at the sun so I assume it's the same problem you are experiencing.

Funny someone brought this up - after I posted my gpu and hdr on / off comparison + info post here..., I get the black flashing (looks like screen tear a little) also.. I just maybe was not paying attention.

Thanks for making the list - that way we can track to see if it's a 69xx series causing issues. I would like to try the 11.4c hotfix from the link someone posted.. I just cannot get the 11.4 base drivers installed.. (bsod during install)

So it's a consensus HDR is causing this on the 69xx? It's kind of a relief that I was not the only one with the problem (looked like artifacting a little)

Mustang, does 11.4c fix the HDR flickering?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I see, I don't think I will switch until it's confirmed that it fixes this problem. Last thing I want to do is chop and change drivers multiple times a day.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Thanks JaBoG32_Kirin. Updated the list with last changes:

Just to specify, we are summarizing here the white box glitch. There is another issue, HDR related as well, showing flickering when looking at the sun. Also, as I'm noticing that most cases are with AMD/ATI cards, I think it would be nice to get some confirmation from the nVidia guys, specifying which of the two issues are experiencing (white box/sun flicker). Meanwhile, I'm putting a question mark on nVidia cases until confirmation.

AMD/ATI:

11 users with 6950/6970 have the issue

2 users with 6850/6870 don't have the issue

3 users with 5770/5870 don't have the issue

NVIDIA:

1 user with GTX295 have the issue? (awaiting confirmation from BTTW-DratsaB)

UNKNOWN:

The following users reported the issue but cannot find their gpu info:

shea1980

siefex

leonsilver

Edited by miguelaco

NVIDIA:

2 users with GTX295 have the issue? (awaiting confirmation from BTTW-DratsaB and Winters79)

UNKNOWN:

The following users reported the issue but cannot find their gpu info:

shea1980

siefex

leonsilver

My GPU was sent to service and it was faulty GPU and they're sending me new GPU

So I think GTX-295 issues are from GPU itself

:joystick:

:(

really ? that's silly !

I didnt played A10 since the bug arosed...thats bad news. It completly ruins the overall experience for me, as i am a guy who wants to use a feature (HDR) when its available. And so are most ppl here i think.

:(

really ? that's silly !

I didnt played A10 since the bug arosed...thats bad news. It completly ruins the overall experience for me, as i am a guy who wants to use a feature (HDR) when its available. And so are most ppl here i think.

I don't know if the problem lies in the driver or in the game...

1338 - beyond leet

ED Forum rules EN|DE|RU

I also still have it. It's still not clear though if this problem is ATI or ED's responsability.

Playing without HDR doesn't bother me at all though. At some times even on the contrary.

Spoiler

W10-x64 | Z390 Gigabyte Aorus Ultra | Core i7 9700K @ 4.8Ghz | Noctua NH-D15

Corsair 32Gb 3200 | MSI RTX 3080ti Gaming X

Asus Xonar AE | TM Hotas Warthog

MFG Crosswind pedals | Valve Index