Sublte changes in 1.1.0.9

Migo

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

there is an issue in FC2/Ka-50 multiplayer were the hosting game has an effect on the Laser Warning Receiver of the Ka-50 or the Radar Warning Receiver for anything in FC2. Basically if you host in Ka-50 the RWR doesnt work for FC2. If you host with FC2 the LWR doesnt work on the Ka-50.

I see, thanks for the info.

"There are only 10 types of people in the world — those who understand binary, and those who don't."

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

For me it is like that yes. It's hard to explain, almost a feeling. ..........Maybe some of ya older folks don't recognize it anyway :D

Think the older simmers will definitely recognise it, since we spend most of our time 'chasing' fps, as most of the time hardware was well behind the software curve.

A good example is to watch a sam approaching, with low fps, it will skip its last frames into your jet. With high fps, it just 'slides' into the jet.

Fish's Flight Sim Videos

[sIGPIC]I13700k, RTX4090, 64gb ram @ 3600, superUltraWide 5120x1440, 2560x1440, 1920x1080, Warthog, Tusba TQS, Reverb VR1000, Pico 4, Wifi6 router, 360/36 internet[/sIGPIC]

Think the older simmers will definitely recognise it, since we spend most of our time 'chasing' fps, as most of the time hardware was well behind the software curve.

Fraps as well as the in-game counter weren't showing for a bit after patching. Probably the best thing that's happened to me.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

F-8 Target View Gone

In past versions there was a target view using F-8 and Player Targets/All Targets Filter using F-8 LCtrl. This seems to have disappeared in 1.1.0.9. I enjoyed looking at the targets and being sure what I was shooting at was destroyed.

Anyone notice this as well. Hope they bring it back in the next patch if the loss of F-8 was on purpose.

Thanks

I just noticed there maybe a change to the way G forces on the aircraft are modeled. I am not that gentle on the controls and in .0.8 I never had wings rip off like in .0.9. I had to go back and watch tracks to see how come I was losing wings coming off strafing runs. I though perhaps I was getting hit with MANPADS, but no, it's when I yank and bank. Wing rips off. Third time in a row, so it must be I was flying outside the envelope in .0.8 and it caught up to me.

Asus P6 MB i7 6GB OC'd 3.8Ghz Win 7 64bit Cogage Cooler Radeon 6870 OC'd 975Mhz Core 1250 MHz RAM TM Afterburner TrackIR

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] Aardvarking it

30 MM impacts finally have the right contrast when viewed through FLIR! :D

Tracers still show up backwards though :(

Quick question, this has been nagging me for a while... Are bullets hot enough while in flight to appear to be "tracers" (regardless of them actually having a tracer element) while viewed through FLIR?

I'm a self proclaimed guncam junkie, and this always seems to be the case IRL.

System specifications: Computer, joystick, DCS world, Beer

Anyone else notice the gun reticle now has two dots?

The closer you get, the tighter the dots get. Perhaps stating that the closer the dots, the more accurate?

Regards, Diego

You will only see the dots when using combat mix, they represent the impact point for the two different types of rounds used in combat mix (HEI and API)

System specifications: Computer, joystick, DCS world, Beer

I noticed when exporting a track out to an AVI file in the Mission Editor the mouse cursor shows up as a White Box. Could this have something to do with the Cockpit Textures now being separate from World Textures. It looks fine while watching the track, it only happens on exporting to an AVI file. See attached screen shot of the mouse cursor around the Battery Switch on the Electrical Panel.

Screen_110726_202606.thumb.jpg.50d063f4b1cd633bfe5f22950c2b96ca.jpg

Edited by Gonzo01

The closer you get, the tighter the dots get. Perhaps stating that the closer the dots, the more accurate?

"Missing second (HEI) pipper point was returned back on CCIP gun reticle with CM rounds loaded." - Patch notes 1.1.0.9

In past versions there was a target view using F-8 and Player Targets/All Targets Filter using F-8 LCtrl. This seems to have disappeared in 1.1.0.9. I enjoyed looking at the targets and being sure what I was shooting at was destroyed.

Anyone notice this as well. Hope they bring it back in the next patch if the loss of F-8 was on purpose.

Thanks

I dunno about F-8, but f-7 provides vehicle view, f-6 is weapons view, and f-9 is ship view.

Regards, Diego

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=77547

Take a look at that PDF, particularly page 7.

"On uneven terrain, the LASTE system can use a dual pipper to accommodate for variations in target elevation. Dual pippers are displayed within the CCIP reticule when a VAR TGT ELEV is entered in the OSP WEAPONS submenu. The amount of separation between the pippers is determined from the variable target elevation and elements of the CCIP solution."

The bottom dot corresponds to a target at the lowest possible elevation, while the upper one corresponds to the highest. In general, it's safe to aim in the area between the dots.

Hope that helps :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I don't think the var elev thing is in DCS, but I haven't checked. Can you get split pipper dots with a pure load?

Only guessing, but it might be that with the new IFCC with DTSAS for aiming, VAR ELEV is not longer necessary and it has been dumped in the A-10C. I don't remember seeing this option in the IFCC TEST page.

Regards!

:megalol:

I'm not sure if it was there in the last patch, but there's some kind of gatling gun thing on the nose of my aircraft....Anyone know what that's for??

Planes: A-10C/II - FC3 - F/A-18C - F-16c - F-5 - F-15E - F-4E

Helicopters: UH-1H Huey - KA-50 Black Shark - AH-64D

Maps: Sinai - Normandy 2.0 - Channel - Syria - Persian Gulf - South Atlantic

Extras: Supercarrier - WWII Asset Pack

PC SPECS: CPU, Intel i5 4670K @ 4.2GHz | MOBO, ASUS/Z87-A | MEMORY, HyperX FURY Series 32GB (4x8GB) DDR3 Memory1833Mhz |GRAPHICS CARD, GIGABYTE RTX 2060 6GB GDDR6, 1920 Core, 1755Mhz | PSU, CoolerMaster Real Power Pro 1250W 80Plus | Flight Stick, Logitech X-56 | Rudder Pedals, Logitech G | O/S, Windows 10, 64bit | Hard Drives, Samsung SSD 860 QVO 1TB