WIP - Improved CBU-97/105

Wags

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow.. very nice work. I can't wait to drop them too.. I'm a cbu hung fool. The new model will be awsome to watch in action. Take your time.. no hurry.. as long as it works take all the time you need.

" I'm gonna have to be taking your car today. See I have some top secret clown business that supersedes any plans that you might have for this here vehicle."

get some!!! :smilewink:

AWAITING ED NEW DAMAGE MODEL IMPLEMENTATION FOR WW2 BIRDS

Fat T is above, thin T is below. Long T is faster, Short T is slower. Open triangle is AWACS, closed triangle is your own sensors. Double dash is friendly, Single dash is enemy. Circle is friendly. Strobe is jammer. Strobe to dash is under 35 km. HDD is 7 times range key. Radar to 160 km, IRST to 10 km. Stay low, but never slow.

Well let's not get carried away... I mean, if it took them three years to do this would you still be as jovial?

I mean, let's not forget...

duke.jpg

"When it's done."

:D

I would be.. I have learned to wait for things. I would rather have a great product that took a little longer to get then to have a half a$$ed product which frustrates you to the point you don't even want to mess with it anymore. :thumbup:

" I'm gonna have to be taking your car today. See I have some top secret clown business that supersedes any plans that you might have for this here vehicle."

IqTyafBaDYM

Because sometimes you just need something awesome.

A guy I used to know whose backyard bordered a golf course would probably appreciate having one of those... :D

Edited by Speed

Intelligent discourse can only begin with the honest admission of your own fallibility.

Member of the Virtual Tactical Air Group: http://vtacticalairgroup.com/

Lua scripts and mods:

MIssion Scripting Tools (Mist): http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=98616

Slmod version 7.0 for DCS: World: http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=80979

Now includes remote server administration tools for kicking, banning, loading missions, etc.

Wow, that Fobbit is getting WAAAAY too excited about being a passive observer to a small mortar engagement. I never got that excited when I was the one operating the counterfire radar, clearing counterfire, and actually taking an active part in killing the dumb mother fornicators that were lobbing rounds my way.

....though I suppose having a job to do has a tendency to keep the adrenaline in check until after all is well and done.

If you think that's bad, you should've seen the Air Force supervision (E-7+) response to when Bagram came under direct assault.

Seriously, we're the most retarded branch of the military if it came to waging war. Even the Coast Guard could've probably handled that better. One guy comes out screaming that we all need to get into the bunkers (which are like 300 yards away OUTSIDE... oh yeah and they could, at best, hold half of us), and ten steps behind him another guy is yelling that we all need to stay put, which meant the guys in the smoke pit couldn't even go inside and get their IBA on. Of course, compounding their bewildering contradictory orders was the fact that we needed to scramble air support to bomb the shit out of the Talibs shooting the place up. So everyone was scattered all the **** over the place and had no idea what was going on. Naturally we go outside and find the pilots standing on top of a bus with cameras filming the Apaches shooting everyone they could find. This supervision consists of the same idiots who, when a mortar dudded in a yard across from our dorms, made us leave the safety of a solid foot of reinforced concrete and cluster**** around in a dense, freezing circle outside. You know, where the mortars were landing. And where the UXO was. We find out at some point that a guy had ordered half the building to lock-and-load and in true Air Force fashion some of the weapons troops (why is it always weapons?) were walking around for a few days with live rounds in the chamber.

Oh and a bunch of crew chiefs almost got shot during the base attack when they forced their way into a building on lockdown. Where all the guys with guns were at.

On that note, who'd the idiot who decided to give maintainers guns anyway? Paul probably knows what I'm talking about - we're just about the most angry, sad, depressed, disgruntled shadows of human life you could find. I would trust Kurt Cobain with a gun more than half of my coworkers. Plus it was a cludgy ironsight M16 that probably hadn't even been zeroed. If I were to give people on the flightline armaments it would be an M9, or nothing at all... given how much I'd trust the majority of people in a firefight, if it came down to it it would be Stalingrad all over again - doubly so since we didn't even know if these guns would work, much less had more than one magazine for them.

God the Air Force is criminally retarded, I swear. There should be a job position on every base where I would work, and before people make decisions involving work, they have to ask me if it's a good idea or not. Because I shouldn't have to point out that when you schedule two-shift operations all week, you have to arrange it so that the night shift doesn't end up working six days (since they have to open on Monday morning, and close on Friday night)... but the clueless monkeys in charge of the schedule don't get it, and so that's what we have to do, while the day shift only works five days.

Oh and my office would have one of those James Bond shark tank things I could drop people in to.

By the way, this random rant is exactly why maintainers shouldn't be allowed firearms :D

Edited by Frostiken

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

If you think that's bad, you should've seen the Air Force supervision (E-7+) response to when Bagram came under direct assault.

Seriously, we're the most retarded branch of the military if it came to waging war. Even the Coast Guard could've probably handled that better. One guy comes out screaming that we all need to get into the bunkers (which are like 300 yards away OUTSIDE... oh yeah and they could, at best, hold half of us), and ten steps behind him another guy is yelling that we all need to stay put, which meant the guys in the smoke pit couldn't even go inside and get their IBA on. Of course, compounding their bewildering contradictory orders was the fact that we needed to scramble air support to bomb the shit out of the Talibs shooting the place up. So everyone was scattered all the **** over the place and had no idea what was going on. Naturally we go outside and find the pilots standing on top of a bus with cameras filming the Apaches shooting everyone they could find. This supervision consists of the same idiots who, when a mortar dudded in a yard across from our dorms, made us leave the safety of a solid foot of reinforced concrete and cluster**** around in a dense, freezing circle outside. You know, where the mortars were landing. And where the UXO was. We find out at some point that a guy had ordered half the building to lock-and-load and in true Air Force fashion some of the weapons troops (why is it always weapons?) were walking around for a few days with live rounds in the chamber.

Oh and a bunch of crew chiefs almost got shot during the base attack when they forced their way into a building on lockdown. Where all the guys with guns were at.

On that note, who'd the idiot who decided to give maintainers guns anyway? Paul probably knows what I'm talking about - we're just about the most angry, sad, depressed, disgruntled shadows of human life you could find. I would trust Kurt Cobain with a gun more than half of my coworkers. Plus it was a cludgy ironsight M16 that probably hadn't even been zeroed. If I were to give people on the flightline armaments it would be an M9, or nothing at all... given how much I'd trust the majority of people in a firefight, if it came down to it it would be Stalingrad all over again - doubly so since we didn't even know if these guns would work, much less had more than one magazine for them.

God the Air Force is criminally retarded, I swear. There should be a job position on every base where I would work, and before people make decisions involving work, they have to ask me if it's a good idea or not. Because I shouldn't have to point out that when you schedule two-shift operations all week, you have to arrange it so that the night shift doesn't end up working six days (since they have to open on Monday morning, and close on Friday night)... but the clueless monkeys in charge of the schedule don't get it, and so that's what we have to do, while the day shift only works five days.

Oh and my office would have one of those James Bond shark tank things I could drop people in to.

By the way, this random rant is exactly why maintainers shouldn't be allowed firearms :D

That sir... was brilliant! Thanks!

Currently the CBU-97 isn't armed with a tank killing payload.

The one mantioned here in this thread, is, and it's probably all yours when the patch comes out. No promises :D

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

Awesome! and here I felt like a moron when I would drop them and nothing happened. So if the new ones work right, would it be possible to take out say a 4 tank column with one bomb? I guess what I am asking is what are the real life capabilities of the weapon?

Well, there are 40 skeets released, each intent on tagging something. Statistically that's 10 skeets per tank, with a total kill-zone of approx 450mx150m.

I'd say you stand a better than even chance. Then again - just remember that Skeets do not read books ;)

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

Maybe. Realize that you should never expect a guarantee of destroying every single target, but killing the whole 4-vehicle column with a single bomb isn't an unreasonable assumption either :)

Awesome! and here I felt like a moron when I would drop them and nothing happened. So if the new ones work right, would it be possible to take out say a 4 tank column with one bomb? I guess what I am asking is what are the real life capabilities of the weapon?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

:thumbup:Man I love This Place!there is always a lil new stuff everyday. ED you guys are second to none and IF you guys build it we will fly the crap out of it:pilotfly:many thx

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] SMOKE'M:smoke: IF YA GOT'M!:gun_rifle:

H2o Cooler I7 9700k GA 390x MB Win 10 pro

Evga RTX 2070 8Gig DD5

32 Gig Corsair Vengence, 2T SSD.

TM.Warthog:joystick: :punk:, CV-1:matrix:,3x23" monitors, Tm MFD's, Saitek pro rudders wrapped up in 2 sheets of plywood:megalol:

I've read this thread with great enthusiasm. The authenticism and attention to detail that you guys at ED put into this simulator is impressive.

I'm sure many virtual hog pilots would like to watch the bombs fall when this feature is public, so having the camera transferring control to a bomblet, followed by a skeet, while viewing in the F6 mode, would be awesome. :)

Nice plane on that gun...

OS764 P930@4 MBUD3R M6GB G5870 SSDX25 CAntec1200 HTMHW

Well, there are 40 skeets released, each intent on tagging something. Statistically that's 10 skeets per tank, with a total kill-zone of approx 450mx150m.

Yes well, keep in mind that the skeets are thrown out at 90 degrees to their carrier, so if it's a convoy the majority of the skeets will be hurled away from the vehicles.

Due to the way it spreads out though the CBU-97 would ravage the shit out of everything around if you dropped it in the middle of a defensive formation.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]