• A129 Mangusta
    • Mi-35 Super Hind
    • Mi-28 Havoc
    • Ka-52 Alligator
    • EC665 Tiger
    • UH-60M Blackhawk
    • CH-47F Chinook
    • Others

What are you doing with a whirly bird in the engagement range of a shilka in the first place?

Hit it with a Hellfire? That tends to ruin people's days.

Anyway, the point is the biggest failing of both AIs and retards in the gunner position (see: Battlefield games) is that they're morons. Whether they open fire on a tank at maximum range with the cannon and have no hope of destroying it and give away your position, or simply get so focused trying to get one more kill they completely overlook the guy with the missile launcher, it's a real ****ing bummer to see a target, want to kill it, but you can't get the numbskull in the front to do it, which is where an AI gunner would be total fail.

Edited by Frostiken

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

awwww there somebody really looks unhappy with my idea but it simply was an idea and not a complete concept.

And same Proplem can come up with a Human gunner.

There also have to be done a really good comm menu for exact such situations where you can tell fast and simple your gunner (A.I. and Human) what he has to do.

Maybe its possible to implement choicemenu for what should be Attacked first... AA or Tanks

"Blyat Naaaaa" - Izlom

Id love a Black Hawk actually, but yes, the way ground combat is handled would have to be changed. A Black Hawk would actually add quite a bit to the DCS world as it can do everything from ferrying troops and cargo, to rescue missions, to gunship missions, I think it would prefer that to just lurking around shooting up tanks in an Apache.

I honestly have a hard time seeing how a two seater could possibly be fun in single player. Multiplayer on the other hand is the complete opposite and would seemingly take more teamwork coordination between the pilot/WSO than 2 individual pilots in their own aircraft. But it would be SOOOOO much fun as a result.

The right man in the wrong place makes all the difference in the world.

Current Projects:  Grayflag ServerScripting Wiki

Useful Links: Mission Scripting Tools MIST-(GitHub) MIST-(Thread)

SLMOD, Wiki wishlist, Mission Editing Wiki!, Mission Building Forum

DCS: MH-60T Jayhawk!

Search and Rescue, Naval Ops, Law Enforcement, Spec-Ops deployment... Also, its currently being upgraded, so they should want a DTS. Yes I agree infantry needs to be improved, but something like the Blackhawk would simply make an excuse to do so, not a barrier.

2003_AUF_MSRT1.jpg

Edited by VincentLaw

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

DCS: MH-60T Jayhawk!

Search and Rescue, Naval Ops, Law Enforcement, Spec-Ops deployment... Also, its currently being upgraded, so they should want a DTS. Yes I agree infantry needs to be improved, but something like the Blackhawk would simply make an excuse to do so, not a barrier.

Yeah,another of S-70 variant to considers. :D

4.MH-60TCAAS_3x2.jpg

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

CM HAF-X | Corsair HX1000i | ASUS P8P67Pro | Intel Core i7 2600 @ 4.0GHz | Corsair CWCH70 | G.Skill 8GB DDR3 1600MHz | ASUS GeForce GTX 970 4GB | Plextor M5Pro 256GB | WD Caviar Black 1TB * 2 RAID 0 | WD Caviar Green 2TB | Windows 10 Professional X64 | TM HOTAS Warthog | Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedal

Having a AI gunner would require a comms. system that can be effectively used with voice recognition system. You should have lots of different commands available for every situation and forget about streamlining the menus. And even if you had streamlined comms. menus there should be alternate system optimized for voice recognition. Other thing is that the AI should be able to explain itself to player so that you can understand what's its problem. For example if he won't engage, he would tell you why instead of giving silent treatment of just telling he's "unable".

DCS Finland: Suomalainen DCS yhteisö -- Finnish DCS community

--------------------------------------------------

SF Squadron

The only issue I can possible see with having a 2-seater is flying multiplayer... and I'll explain. In SP mode, you have an idiot AI which will act pretty much like a glorified N00b in the gunner seat, just like in MP until most of us learn how to use the gunner seat. The issue I see on MP though, is if you're flying with an AI gunner, and someone hops in and wants to join your helo, do you have to fly back to base to pick him/her up or will the new client be able to hop into your helo while in flight, systems all set and ready to go? Aside from that, I think having the 2-seater will be awesome.

Something great too would be if ED could figure out how to pick other players up (if they do a MH-60) so if a hog pilot ejects and survives, the helo could fly over, pick him up, fly back to base and let the hog pilot get a new jet.

A-10C - FC3 - CA - L-39 - UH1 - P-51 - Hawk - BS2 - F-86 - Gazelle - F-5E - AV8B - F/A-18C

i5-4590 - GTX 1060 - Oculus CV1 - TM:Warthog

[sIGPIC]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic9979_1.gif[/sIGPIC]

Hell, I would actually get my wife to sit in the gunner's seat, regardless of what airframe is made. She would actually like the idea of being able to do all the cool stuff while I just fly.

Anyway, from the list I would have to say AH-1 (any variant). Maybe it's not the best, but it's damn sexy. I've loved the Cobra since I was a kid & to have it as a DCS aircraft would be wonderful.

remember this one lads?

the year was 1997 and i spen hours and hours flying this badboy. dropping troops, deploying mines ahhh the good times

443420296_tp.jpg

Flanker, Flanker 2.0, Flanker 2.5, Lockon, FC1, FC2,FC3, BS1, BS2, A10C, CA and World

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I loved the game Hind (1996, from Digital Integration). Of course, it wasn't very realistic, with gunner and pilot rolled into one, but the great range of missions (airlift, CAS, SAR etc) made it a blast.

So I'm in the Black Hawk camp. Figure, an US chopper next together with a Russian aircraft, would be great for the DCS range. Of course, AI isn't perfect. But so what? Look at Shogun 2: Total War. You can select in the single player campaign "I'll do my battles against AI, but if a real life opponent is available on internet and willing, he can drop in and join in".

Such an option would be great in DCS. "OK, I have time to fly. Single player? Nah, first let's see what's available. Hey! I can join in as co-pilot here, pilot there or gunner in these two games. Mmmmm."

(Ahhh, Milene beat me to it!)

AMD Phenom II X4 805 Processor, 2.5 GHz rated at: 5.25 GHz; 4 GB RAM; AMD Radeon HD 6870; Dolby 5.1 surround; Logitech 2.4 cordless joystick; TrackIR 5+Trackclip Pro

Windows 7, 64bit || DCS:A-10C Warthog, Strike Fighters 2: Europe | IL-2 Sturmovik: 1946 | Free Falcon 5.5

The only issue I can possible see with having a 2-seater is flying multiplayer... and I'll explain. In SP mode, you have an idiot AI which will act pretty much like a glorified N00b in the gunner seat, just like in MP until most of us learn how to use the gunner seat. The issue I see on MP though, is if you're flying with an AI gunner, and someone hops in and wants to join your helo, do you have to fly back to base to pick him/her up or will the new client be able to hop into your helo while in flight, systems all set and ready to go? Aside from that, I think having the 2-seater will be awesome.

Something great too would be if ED could figure out how to pick other players up (if they do a MH-60) so if a hog pilot ejects and survives, the helo could fly over, pick him up, fly back to base and let the hog pilot get a new jet.

That'd add a whole new experience to DCS. :pilotfly:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

CM HAF-X | Corsair HX1000i | ASUS P8P67Pro | Intel Core i7 2600 @ 4.0GHz | Corsair CWCH70 | G.Skill 8GB DDR3 1600MHz | ASUS GeForce GTX 970 4GB | Plextor M5Pro 256GB | WD Caviar Black 1TB * 2 RAID 0 | WD Caviar Green 2TB | Windows 10 Professional X64 | TM HOTAS Warthog | Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedal

That's a really good point actually. Jumping in on-the-fly is kind of lame in my honest opinion.

Still, you would have to prepare for Murphy's Law--disconnects, hiccups or whatever else could go wrong, so there would still need to be the option to connect while in the air.

Another point would be pit griefing. I can already see the asshattery of some idiot jumping in a pit & not leaving. Even with the ability to boot him out of your pit, he would just reenter.

The best way to solve it before it starts is an opt-in option for both sides before your gunner "sat" in the pit:

hog_driver111th wants to join your flight, select OK to accept.

It would still need to be flood protected though. Otherwise you'll sit there forever clicking the "No" button as some jerk observer mashes the join button.

I voted "the chalk" Longbow Apache. :)

I was SO looking forward to the Apache being the next module

Note that it would most likely not have been the Longbow Apache - the one previously planned for DCS was AH-64A.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester

Yes,I understand The AH-64D is mostly classified and you'd have to KILL ME If I found out too much info:smilewink: I'd be more than satisfied with the Apache AH-64A version.

But after hearing your impressions on the next aircraft for DCS,I must admit I'm very excited about what it might be!:thumbup:

Patrick

mini.gif

Note that it would most likely not have been the Longbow Apache - the one previously planned for DCS was AH-64A.
Now that you said it. It's really to get access to latest aircraft models due to their classified nature. Of course, unless ED get a contract to do a training system for that particular aircraft.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Maybe ED could go for AH-1W Super Cobra. :joystick:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

EDIT: It seems that this has been brought up. Good.

I haven't read every post, but there is something that people seemingly have forgotten when it comes to the blackhawk/seahawk. Rescue missions. Either in hot zones with bullets flying all over and needing to land in tough places or out at sea with giant 50 foot, stormy seas.

with the ability to also fire some weapons, there is a lot of sim that could be there. And rescue missions could bring in some people that have more of a cost guard/life saving interest, and less of a war and killing interest.

That said, I would purchase this module and enjoy it very much (or any helo or plane module). However, my most preferred would be the AH-64D. Yes, I know the whole classified issue. But it is still my first choice. I've been in a love affair with it since I was a wee lad.

Edited by Newt

Live every week like it's Shark Week. :D

I have always liked the cobra and would take any variant, but like the AH-1W the most. Would also love an apache, but like the smallness of the cobra better.

Or a kiowa.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Aaron

i7 2600k@4.4ghz, GTX1060-6gb, 16gb DDR3, T16000m, Track IR5

BS2-A10C-UH1-FC3-M2000-F18C-A4E-F14B-BF109

Just ran into this nice vid on youtube. :joystick:

26eqFN1BB70

Edited by thaisocom

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]