• A129 Mangusta
    • Mi-35 Super Hind
    • Mi-28 Havoc
    • Ka-52 Alligator
    • EC665 Tiger
    • UH-60M Blackhawk
    • CH-47F Chinook
    • Others

I"m really looking forward to fly a UH in DCS. :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

CM HAF-X | Corsair HX1000i | ASUS P8P67Pro | Intel Core i7 2600 @ 4.0GHz | Corsair CWCH70 | G.Skill 8GB DDR3 1600MHz | ASUS GeForce GTX 970 4GB | Plextor M5Pro 256GB | WD Caviar Black 1TB * 2 RAID 0 | WD Caviar Green 2TB | Windows 10 Professional X64 | TM HOTAS Warthog | Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedal

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm a sucker for the AH-6 Littlebird or the AH-64D Apache. The littlebird would have a such an interesting 'feel' to it compared to typical flight sim helos.

Lyndiman

AMD Ryzen 3600 / RTX 2070 Super / 32G Ram / Win10 / TrackIR 5 Pro / Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals

Anything is possible in the future. There is nothing to stop a utility/transport chopper being made at some point.

While not something I'd be interested in flying, it'd certainly add a lot to flying a CSAR mission in the Hog.

That'd be really fun!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

CM HAF-X | Corsair HX1000i | ASUS P8P67Pro | Intel Core i7 2600 @ 4.0GHz | Corsair CWCH70 | G.Skill 8GB DDR3 1600MHz | ASUS GeForce GTX 970 4GB | Plextor M5Pro 256GB | WD Caviar Black 1TB * 2 RAID 0 | WD Caviar Green 2TB | Windows 10 Professional X64 | TM HOTAS Warthog | Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedal

IMHO it has to be the Kiowa Warrior. It would not only make the A10 and the next fixed wing aircraft that is to come more fun in multiplayer but would also be one of the deadliest weapons out there, simply because you don't have just missiles at your disposal but whole planes. Imagine sneaking up a enemy position, sending out a ATO and then see it explode.

so long

Mathias

My System: Intel Core i7-4770K, Asus ROG Strix RX480 O8G, 24GB Ram

do they have to release a single choice? why can't we use both uh-60 and ah-1 cobra in a single game like lockon?

i used my vote to uh-60 but i like to fly with super cobra as well.

and i hate little bird :D

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

do they have to release a single choice? why can't we use both uh-60 and ah-1 cobra in a single game like lockon?

Have you noticed the difference between the A-10 in Lockon, and the A-10 in DCS? ;)

The answer is right there. You can get both in the same product, sure: it'll cost double and take twice as long to make. ;)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester

At this point I think a UH-60 or Mi-8 would make more sense than an AH-1 anyway. Every DCS vehicle that is released is available to both the red and blue teams. The U.S. already has the Ka-50 for an attack helicopter, and Russia already has the A-10C for a CAS aircraft. So every time you get an aircraft, its like getting 2! (well that's kind of stretching it...)

For now I think ED should focus on making as many roles available to the player as possible before working on redundant aircraft. This would allow for a better cooperative experience, as long as you are willing to use your imagination for which vehicles are on which side. (of course if ED gets a military contract to do a sim for the latest Su-25 or something it should supersede my statement)

Edited by VincentLaw

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

AH-64 Longbow Apache

Id like to see the AH-64 Longbow Apache...

U could do it so u and a mate can fly as pilot and gunner, would be excellent for squads, and add a new dimension, like having to rely on the pilot to get u in to position and the gunner to be able to hit the targets.

As for the monocle maybe use a keystroke to split screen 50/50 or on a 2nd monitor...

• 3 weeks later...

Maybe because i actually flown one when i was still in the dutch militairy

and hardly no-one ever talks bout them (yes they are utterly boring in a Sim) still i have good memories of this little birdie

Alouette_III_SE3160_H75.jpg

But i would vote for a Kiowa :D

Dunno if any here remembers the C64 Apache Lowbow, in where you could also fly the Kiowa, and i loved it :D

Hello Guys !

I'm french, everyone here knows about Alouette III, that bird will NEVER escape from our hearts, as well as Alouette II and Lama.

Thhen come the Puma/Super Puma/Caracal series helicopter, different generation. We have also the " Tigre " actually one of the best attack helicopter of the world, seriously.

But the thing that shocked me the most .. Why ( almost ) anyone didn't mention ... the Huey ?!

I mean the Vietnam Era Bell 205 UH-1 Iroquois commonlly called the " Huey ".

I'm assuming most of you are native american, this bird and his legendary rotor sound should be part of your roots, of your identity, like the hamburger and the rock n' roll ..

If you're paying attention, look at the quality of the Huey aviable as AI in DCS Blackshark, the UH-1H, very nice detailed.

Of course, the possibility of such an ACFT would go with a totally different theatre an era.. I mean we go back 40 years earlier, somewhere in southeast asia..

I'm sure there is something great that could be picked up from that, a DCS Module : Vietnam, with only two flyable helis : the UH-1H as troops transport, Medivac, and the UH-1C Gunship, no modern weapons system, only good old rocket, but a campaing that would take both birds into account, following the pilot's profile during the progression of the war, for example it start around 1965 in the Dust Off Huey, and get a quick role as a ground attack/support Huey pilot, in collaboration with old Cobras.

What do you think ? The Huey is just THE most knowed helicopter from all around the world, it's kind like the DC-3 for fixed wing. And the Vietnam conflict would change from eternal Russian conflicts that we're used for since first versions of Lock On.

Best regards, Valentin.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

CPL(A)IR ME/SEP/MEP/SET - CPL(H)

EC725 would also be a nice choice.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I'd say:

Red/CAS/Jet=Su-25

Red/CAS/Helo=Ka-50

Red/(BAR)CAP/Jet=one of the 4th generation multirole fighters

Blue/CAS/Jet=A-10C

Blue/CAS/Helo=AH-64

Blue/(BAR)CAP/Jet=one of the 4th generation multirole fighters

After this... Bring on persistent multiplayer war... :D

I guess you guys and the poll were totally wrong

The next rotary aircraft we got for the DCS system was a KA-50 , who would have thought

That was just part of ED's scheme to make it even more confusing when they release DCS: Ka-52 and DCS: Ka-50-2.

Edited by VincentLaw
  • Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I'd say:

Red/CAS/Jet=Su-25

Red/CAS/Helo=Ka-50

Red/(BAR)CAP/Jet=one of the 4th generation multirole fighters

Blue/CAS/Jet=A-10C

Blue/CAS/Helo=AH-64

Blue/(BAR)CAP/Jet=one of the 4th generation multirole fighters

After this... Bring on persistent multiplayer war... :D

Do you really want this? 'OMG! Su-25 OP! NERF TEH PLANEZ!'

• Like 1

I would really like to fly the AH-64, but we all know another group is looking at that and we'll have to wait to see how it compares to DCS BS2 I guess...

Whoa, whoa, whoa, what? I googled around a little looking for info on this but couldn't find anything - Is someone really working on a new Apache study sim? Granted I'm not too clued in to any scene, but I thought DCS, IL-2, and Falcon were pretty much the only "serious" combat flight sims currently being worked on. The heyday of Jane's was when I was about 12, so seeing a big package of full-on sims coming down the pipeline now that I'm patient enough to appreciate them is quite a treat.

I'd also be very happy with the Mi-35; the Hind has always been a favorite. As long as it's big and mean and bristling with weapons I'll be satisfied - I don't wanna just fly something, I wanna fight in it and be the hero, but, like, by seeing and appreciating the true nature of how these things go, instead of the easy thrills of the "Cliffs Notes" version.

• Like 1

For when it goes wrong: Win10x64, GTX1080, Intel i7 @3.5 GHz, 32GB DDR3, Warthog HOTAS, Saitek combat rudder pedals, TrackIR 5 / Vive Pro, a case of Pabst, The Funk

• 4 weeks later...

I'd fly a AH-6j/MH-6j Littlebird, and I don't like rotary wing.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

-------------------------------------------------

DCS A-10, LOMAC(FC2), Falcon 4.0(BMS)

-------------------------------------------------

Intel i7 2600K (OC: 4.8GHz) Liquid Cooled, EVGA GTX 570 HD, 16GB RAM, ASUS P8P67 PRO,SB X-FI Titanium HD

• 1 month later...

Apache or Cobra

I find myself wishing that DCS would take on one of these guys. Used to love to fly Apache Longbow and recently bought Apache Air Assault which is pretty much arcade but brilliantly visual and just plain fun. But, to have a fully interactive DCS Apache? THAT would be "The Bomb"!

Edited by Shootist

Asus P8P67Pro, Intel i7, 8gb DDR3, OCZ Vertex3, 120gb SSD, GForce GTX 560, Cooler Master GX850, Win 7, Logi X 3D Pro.