Changed colour in DCS ?

Migo

I often feel uncomfortable in the A10 since it seems that I f'cked up my colour settings with DCS somehow. Maybe this was done by a patch.

Here is a comparison between the colour which DCS had some time ago and the colour it has now:

attachment.php?attachmentid=56018&stc=1&d=1314748232

The colours are a little bit messed up because I converted these screens to an animated gif. But I think one can tell the difference.

Some time ago DCS had that natural harmonic blue and green colour and now it just looks so unnatural to me and hurts my eyes.

I know this is just a small detail but it really wants to make me vomit. This new colour-mix must affect my brain somehow @.@

Someone noticed a difference in colur, too ? :)

greetings, Migo

SkyColour2.thumb.gif.3a214238af8655df4f230beffadb5295.gif

Edited by Migo

FWIW, I think it looks more realistic. They need to fix the crazy halos around the PAPI though. I've never seen that happen!

[sigpic]http://www.virtualthunderbirds.com/Signatures/sig_LD.jpg[/sigpic]

Virtual Thunderbirds, LLC | Sponsored by Thrustmaster

Corsair 750D Case | Corsair RM850i PSU | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS X CODE | 32GB Corsair DDR4 3200 |

Intel i7-8086K | Corsair Hydro H100i v2 Cooler | EVGA GTX 1080 Ti FTW | Oculus Rift |

X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty | Samsung SSD 970 EVO 1TB NVMe | Samsung SSD 850 EVO 1TB | WD Caviar Black 2 x 1TB |

TM HOTAS Warthog | TM Pendular Rudder | TM MFD Cougar Pack | 40" LG 1080p LED | Win10 |

It's the terrain lighting which changed the colour ? Oh boy I hope I'll see the old one again. This sim is amazing and I love everything about it but this new colour is really annoying.

It's like eating green ketchup, you know what I mean ?

I think it looks more realistic
It may also depend on the monitor and how it's calibrated but for me the light-blue sky looks more realistic than the pink one.

I mean first it was light-blue turning to white and now it's grey-blue turning to pink.

greetings, Migo

Edited by Migo

are you sure the change is so radical in last patch ? seriously, im far far of the result you have, whatever is the HDR set.

Can it be your driver color or calibration color monitor driver ? try maybe see if it can come from this.

Edited by Lane

- I7 2600K @5.2ghz ( EK full Nickel waterblock )

- Gigabyte P67A-UD7 B3

- 8GB Predator 2133mhz

- 2x HD7970 - EK Nickel EN H2o block

- 2x Crucial realSSD C300 Raid0

- Black Widow Ultimate - X52 -TrackIR 5

- XIfi Titanium HD

- Win 7 x64Pro

Does anyone know what causes the coarse gradients which can be seen now and then (as seen in the sky of the screenshots)?

This is most aparant at dusk and dawn.

Spoiler

W10-x64 | Z390 Gigabyte Aorus Ultra | Core i7 9700K @ 4.8Ghz | Noctua NH-D15

Corsair 32Gb 3200 | MSI RTX 3080ti Gaming X

Asus Xonar AE | TM Hotas Warthog

MFG Crosswind pedals | Valve Index

Indeed, I say it's your monitor calibration. To me, the sky in your New Colour image is actually a deeper blue than that in the Old Colour image, and looks far better. Don't see the "pink fading to grey" that you're describing.

Concur. New looks much better to me.

[url=http://www.aef-hq.com.au/aef4/forumdisplay.php?262-Digital-Combat-Simulator][SIGPIC]http://img856.imageshack.us/img856/2500/a10161sqnsignitureedite.png[/SIGPIC][/url]

Indeed, I say it's your monitor calibration.
I professionally calibrated my Panasonic plasma to THX standard I don't think that's the problem. I am always very into calibrating everything to perfection and maybe that's why I got a problem with this new colour in DCS.

Yes the new blue is deeper but it turns to a pink tone.

pink fading to grey
Not pink fading to grey but blue-gray fading to some white-red tone.

I will do some more tests and maybe I'll find something out . Thanks for the replys so far :)

greetings, Migo

In the HDR settings (in-game settings), try 'Cold' instead of 'Warm'. This should help...

DCS Wish: Turbulences affecting surrounding aircraft...

[sIGPIC] [/sIGPIC]

Gigabyte GA-Z170-HD3P - Intel Core i5 6600K - 16Gb RAM DDR4-2133 - Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 G1 Gaming - 8 Go - 2 x SSD Crucial MX300 - 750 Go RAID0 - Screens: HP OMEN 32'' 2560x1440 + Oculus Rift CV1 - Win 10 - 64bits - TM WARTHOG #889 - Saitek Pro Rudder.

They need to fix the crazy halos around the PAPI though.

+1

DCS: A-10C is not the only one suffering from this problem, FSX suffers from it too and not only the PAPI lights. Maybe a driver (nVidia) problem?

Win11 Pro 64-bit, Ryzen 5800X3D, Corsair H115i, Gigabyte X570S UD, EVGA 3080Ti XC3 Ultra 12GB, 64 GB DDR4 G.Skill 3600. Monitors: LG 27GL850-B27 2560x1440 + Samsung SyncMaster 2443 1920x1200, HOTAS: Warthog with Virpil WarBRD base, MFG Crosswind combat pedals, TrackIR4, Rift-S.

Personal Wish List: A6 Intruder, Vietnam theater, decent ATC module, better VR performance!

+1

DCS: A-10C is not the only one suffering from this problem, FSX suffers from it too and not only the PAPI lights. Maybe a driver (nVidia) problem?

Not only nvidia, my ati 5770 has them too :huh:

Oculus CV1, Odyssey, Pimax 5k+ (i5 8400, 24gb ddr4 3000mhz, 1080Ti OC )

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Calibrating the monitor does not help on this matter.

Win11 Pro 64-bit, Ryzen 5800X3D, Corsair H115i, Gigabyte X570S UD, EVGA 3080Ti XC3 Ultra 12GB, 64 GB DDR4 G.Skill 3600. Monitors: LG 27GL850-B27 2560x1440 + Samsung SyncMaster 2443 1920x1200, HOTAS: Warthog with Virpil WarBRD base, MFG Crosswind combat pedals, TrackIR4, Rift-S.

Personal Wish List: A6 Intruder, Vietnam theater, decent ATC module, better VR performance!

If it would be caused by driver/monitor, how could the screenshots look different?? I guess he didn't grab his cam and made a photo of his screen... ;)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Asus ROG STRIX Z390-F Gaming, Intel Core i7 9700k , 32gb Corsair DDR4-3200

Asus RTX 2070 super, Samsung 970 EVO Plus M2, Win10 64bit, Acer XZ321QU (WQHD)

TM HOTAS Warthog, SAITEK Rudder Pedals, TIR 5

I don't know which is the new screenshoot but i like the brighter one more..a big problem of Lockon FC 2 was that it was way to dark,and it somehow looked "painted". I think A-10C is brighter which makes it look more real. So you can always add some contrast in your Graphic card settings (Catalyst Control Center for example), also you can change the Gamma/Brightness and color settings so you can give the Sim a way new look.

If all real wars could only be fought in DCS.

You're lucky you've posted a good comparison. Otherwise you'd get 50 posts blaming this on poor calibration of your monitor.
As it is now I am resigned with the new colors. But I hope they will try to improve it again because it is not looking too realistic to me. I would love to have an option to choose between the old and the new setting.

Just start the 1st campaign mission and look at the colours that really doesn't look good :>

Nate already mentioned this is because of the changed terrain lighting.

I don't know which is the new screenshoot
Look at the bottom right corner ;-)

Greetings, Migo

Edited by Migo