Nice LOMAC promo video

Wags

• ED Team

Agreed, this is a great video. Unfortunately we have never been able to use it in public because it uses soundtracks that are covered by copyright.

Does anyone know how you can strip out a soundtrack from a .wmv file and substitute another, without going back to the source .avi file?

Or any other solutions without losing the original graphic quality?

JimMack

Having problems? Visit http://en.wiki.eagle.ru/wiki/Main_Page

Dell Laptop M1730 -Vista- Intel Core 2 Duo T7500@2.2GHz, 4GB, Nvidia 8700MGT 767MB

Intel i7 975 Extreme 3.2GHZ CPU, NVidia GTX 570 1.28Gb Pcie Graphics.

you can do that. open this file in vegas 6.0. You can notice a video and audio tracks.

you can just mute the audio and add something that is made by yourself. :)

WHISPR | Intel I7 5930K | Nvidia GTX980 4GB GDDR5 | 16GB DDR4 | Intel 730 series 512GB SSD | Thrustmaster WARTHOG | CH Pro Pedals | TrackIR4 pro |

|A-10C|BS2 |CA|P-51 MUSTANG|UH-1H HUEY|MI-8 MTV2 |FC3|F5E|M2000C|AJS-37|FW190|BF 109K|Mig21|A-10:SSC,EWC|L-39|NEVADA|

A great video! But the one that made me buy LockOn was the video with the two A-10s against Russian APCs and Mi-24s with the soundtrack of "The Rock". That was astonishing when it came out. Like most of the other official videos.

It's more than one month that I don't play Lomac (still 1.02) because I'm a bit busy. This video makes me wanna play it again.

It's just a shame that the immersion factor after a while drops down in single player. When it comes down to setting up and playing a single player mission the game shows all of its limits. And it's a real shame, because the graphics are still amazing, the detail of aircraft, skins, FMs, weapons systems and cockpits is astonishing. It's just that after I try to play a serious mission, not just a simple engagement, the realism seem to collapse and all those wonderful features seem useless. I'd love to see Lomac with at least an event-driven mission system and a better AI at strategic/tactical level.

• ED Team

Thanks to all who enjoyed this unfinished video.

I made this video last year, when i was working with Stormin, aka Carl.

Personally, i dont really like how it turned out, it could be so much better than what it really is.

And nice seeing you again Jim Mack, it has been a while.

A great video! But the one that made me buy LockOn was the video with the two A-10s against Russian APCs and Mi-24s with the soundtrack of "The Rock". That was astonishing when it came out. Like most of the other official videos.

That was the one from "DeJanitor" or something like that. Great video, which also caught my attention, and made me see Lomac. Actually, he was the one who made me notice Janes F/A-18, when that came out :)

Bob has been a long time advocate for flight simming and gaming in general. A super nice guy, and was a great asset to flight simming far more then people realize. He has branched out into some kind of sliding cars or something like that. Ever get a chance to meet him, buy him a beer. De Janitor deserves it!

Dusty Rhodes

Play HARD, Play FAIR, Play TO WIN

Win 7 Professional 64 Bit / Intel i7 4790 Devils Canyon, 4.0 GIG /ASUS Maximus VII Formula Motherboard/ ASUS GTX 1080 8 GB/ 32 Gigs of RAM / Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog / TrackIR 5 / 2 Cougar MFD's / Saitek Combat Pedals/ DSD Button Box FLT-1

ohh sorry I forgot to reply. NP JimMack, happy that I could help. :)

@ glowing_amraam....yeah! I know what u mean....they will lose all the IN_GAME sounds too...but I guess since if ED wants to use this for press release or ad or something...they can add better sounds as they did for the FC videos. :)

WHISPR | Intel I7 5930K | Nvidia GTX980 4GB GDDR5 | 16GB DDR4 | Intel 730 series 512GB SSD | Thrustmaster WARTHOG | CH Pro Pedals | TrackIR4 pro |

|A-10C|BS2 |CA|P-51 MUSTANG|UH-1H HUEY|MI-8 MTV2 |FC3|F5E|M2000C|AJS-37|FW190|BF 109K|Mig21|A-10:SSC,EWC|L-39|NEVADA|

I forgot to mention this though. You HAVE TO REnDER THE VIDEO IN VEGAS. but you don't need to render individual bits from lomac again. If you know what I mean....the rendering in vegas with new music isn't that big of a deal...might take a while but gives good results.

Agreed, this is a great video. Unfortunately we have never been able to use it in public because it uses soundtracks that are covered by copyright.

Does anyone know how you can strip out a soundtrack from a .wmv file and substitute another, without going back to the source .avi file?

JimMack

Jim is correct. When I worked with GA to make this video we used the soundtracks from "Spy Game" and "The Rock" as placeholder music until we could finish the video and obtain original music. It was never intended to be released to the public with proprietary music.

JimMack

one easy sulotion is to get Glowing to do it, since it's his work. And he has the orgianal files. You should not edit enything thats not yours and "re-release" it , without asking the creator of his consent first.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• ED Team

Well, thanks for "backing me up", kevlon, but really, i made this video FOR them, so then can pretty much do whatever they want with it.

But it isnt possible for me to re-make the one you see here.. Its not possible, because i do not have the original clips anymore. Actually, EVERYTHING was lost together with those clips sometime last year, november or october.....

But ill make sure this wont happen again. Cause im buying my OWN pc this time around, a very good one too hehe :D :D :D

Cheers

Guest ruggbutt

I've been contacted by a record company exec that has given me permission to use copyrighted material from a new band that they represent. If ED is interested I can make a promo trailer for 1.2. Their only request was to give credit to the band and to the record company somewhere in the movie. I will be able to provide the proper documentation along w/the movie.

The band is called Scum of the Earth and you can read about them on the Eclipse records website.

• 5 months later...

Doug,

Is this it? Halfway down called Lockon review

http://www.virtual-jabog32.de/index.php?section=downloads&subcat=28&lang=en

While you are there check out Glowing_Amraam other movies eg HEAT which has a terrific opening 60 seconds....

or it just may be on this site, jp has been collecting older Lockon movies....

http://www.jpmarchetti.com/

hope this helps....

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Sorry Death, you lose! It was Professor Plum....

Doug,

Is this it? Halfway down called Lockon review

http://www.virtual-jabog32.de/index.php?section=downloads&subcat=28&lang=en

While you are there check out Glowing_Amraam other movies eg HEAT which has a terrific opening 60 seconds....

or it just may be on this site, jp has been collecting older Lockon movies....

http://www.jpmarchetti.com/

hope this helps....

Yes it's this.

Thanks a lot ;) :)

LOTATC .NET // LOVICA .NET // 3rd Wing