DCS World 2.0 and New Maps Discussion Thread

Wags

while we're talking about dead horses:

No way!

I bet that FO-Beta is ready to release... - but we have to wait a little for a appropriate Operating System/Hardware that is able to run a 128bit application - because FO is codded this way...

Any cpu today use 128bits FMAC for floating points or is 128bits data capable ( 4x32bits ).

• 128-bit processors could be used for addressing directly up to 2128 (over 3.40 × 1038) bytes, which would greatly exceed the total data stored on Earth as of 2010, which has been estimated to be around 1.2 zettabytes (over 270 bytes).[1]
  • Quadruple precision (128-bit) floating point numbers can store qword (64-bit) fixed point numbers or integers accurately without losing precision. loating points that store and process 64-bit signed integers (-263...263-1) accurately.

Why will you use full 128bits in a processors when yet, it's just completely impossible to have the need of it on a CPU. The best HPC with 500 000 cpu count on Petaflops, why want you we use a CPU capable of Zetta flops ?

Edited by Lane

- I7 2600K @5.2ghz ( EK full Nickel waterblock )

- Gigabyte P67A-UD7 B3

- 8GB Predator 2133mhz

- 2x HD7970 - EK Nickel EN H2o block

- 2x Crucial realSSD C300 Raid0

- Black Widow Ultimate - X52 -TrackIR 5

- XIfi Titanium HD

- Win 7 x64Pro

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's not trees, it's bushes.

See this one: http://forums.eagle.ru/attachment.php?attachmentid=59216&d=1321993202

Compare the flight line bushes with the trees around the base buildings.

EDIT: What you are seeing is this:

061109-F-9999X-148.jpg

If those are trees... that is one bug mutha UAV! :lol:

Lobo's DCS A-10C Normal Checklist & Quick Reference Handbook current version 8D available here:

http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/172905/

Hrrmmm...

Why do the runways not look parallel in this shot?

attachment.php?attachmentid=59215&d=1321993202

I just Google Earthed it, in case things have changed THAT much since last I flew in the airspace.

New overhangs all over from the `90's, but the runways are still side-by-side.

Oh, heck, I had a *DOH* moment as I was typing it. This is Creech, innit?

It is creech afb

If those are trees... that is one bug mutha UAV! :lol:

That's the point - it is NOT trees in reality, and it was NOT trees in the screenshot either. ;)

There are no "trees in the flight line" in that screenshot. ;)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester

It's been asked before,How much area will the new Nevada Map be? I searched but came up empty.:doh:

Has not been disclosed, i guess it's not set in stone yet.

Good, fast, cheap. Choose any two.

Come let's eat grandpa!

Use punctuation, save lives!

Any thoughts how the add-ons are going to be sold? As I do not have a credit card I could not buy the beta version and had to wait for the box.

So I hope there will be some other method of paying besides a credit card.:smilewink:

Nevada Terrain Questions

Two questions comcerning the upcoming Nevada terrain which is in work.

1). Can the same download be used for DCS A-10C and DCS Black Shark 2?

2). Will there be a ME addition with desert camo vehicles, objects, etc.?

Question 2 was never answered in the Nevada Update thread.

Edited by Speedbrake

Maybe there is a Beta Key Database

Actually, Wags has a list on a napkin in his back pocket!:P

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

thats mighty nice of ED to give that map to us long-suffering Beta-oids

The map was available in the first Beta then they removed it at some point during the beta patches.

Back then we thought Nevada was included with DCS:A-10C, so I'm pretty sure there's an alterior motive to this kind gesture.

But still I aint complaining :D I think this new map will be more than we anticipated

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

OS:WIN7 HP X64|MOBO:ASRock Z68|CPU:I52500k@4Ghz|RAM:12Gb 3x4Gb GSkill Ripjaws 9-9-9-24 @1600Mhz|GPU:ASUS GTX580|HDD:2x128Gb Crucial sataIII SSD raid0|PSU:Antek 1000watt|Case:Antek 1200|Peripherals: TMWH|Saitek ProFlight rudder pedals|TrackIr4

As I recall the pre-release beta cost $50 or $60 for A-10C, with I suspect a fair % now owning BS(2) and highly likely to pony up for the next DCS project as well at beta stage with the Nevada engine powered update.

I would say ED are simply looking after their core customer base which is a good move all round.

Those who bought the beta paid for Nevada, those who paid afterwards didn't and they knew that (this includes me) ED can't make people pay for a program (Nevada) when they have already paid for it but they can make the people who always knew it was payware when they bought the game.

Always remember. I don't have a clue what I'm doing

The original A-10c Beta seems so long ago now, for some reason I got up early and went online and came to the site, there to my amazement was the A-10c beta being advertised, 30 seconds later I'd paid for it and started downloading.

Best $60 I'd spent in a while, even though the Wife was a little put out, still the A-10 has lasted longer than some recent superstar marriages I've read about lol. Let's hope it has FC Heater's bombing targets and other mods included for Red Flag, it's a whole other game then and as I have said well worth the $60 all those months ago. What happens in Red Flag stays in Red Flag.

Remember the 346 Fire Fighters, Medics & Police who died on 9-11.......

Selective memory is a wonderful thing, especially when certain posts simply disappear into the ether never to be seen again, unless I have a copy of the original post copied and pasted into word documents and saved .... just in case :)

Am I an abusive idiot ?

Due to physical incapacity my Wife types my post's for me

As I recall the pre-release beta cost $50 or $60 for A-10C, with I suspect a fair % now owning BS(2) and highly likely to pony up for the next DCS project as well at beta stage with the Nevada engine powered update.

I would say ED are simply looking after their core customer base which is a good move all round.

Silly thing was people didn't moan and gripe as much for the $60 and A-10c as they did paying $20 for BS2, a different type of crowd / players I suppose

Remember the 346 Fire Fighters, Medics & Police who died on 9-11.......

Selective memory is a wonderful thing, especially when certain posts simply disappear into the ether never to be seen again, unless I have a copy of the original post copied and pasted into word documents and saved .... just in case :)

Am I an abusive idiot ?

Due to physical incapacity my Wife types my post's for me

Back then we thought Nevada was included with DCS:A-10C, so I'm pretty sure there's an alterior motive to this kind gesture.

The "ulterior motive" was ED saying: let's survive and stay in business so we can keep making sims. ;)

And as a general reminder, the beta Nevada is not the same as this Nevada. The only real thing they have in common is that the subject matter is Nevada. ;)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester