TM Warthog HOTAS lights of at boot up?

Asp

Hey fellow DCS Hawg, BS, and FC-2 drivers,

Is there a way to set the TM Warthog backlighting to OFF by default, without having to open Target and turn them off every time I turn on my pc?

The goal is to have all the green lights, on the throttle, Turned off - or to turn off, when I turn my pc on.

Thanks

Asp

Edited by Asp

Asp

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

There does not appear to be a way from outside of Target.

I have gotten used to the fact that I don't need to turn on the light in my office if I am just grabbing something off of the desk.;)

@ LostOblivion, I am guessing yours is plugged into a powered hub, providing the LEDs with power, otherwise they should shutdown when the computer does.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

• 11 months later...

I have the USB plugged into the front of my computer. After the computer powers down I unplug the Throttle USB cable, the LEDS go off, I then plug the USB in again ready for the next power up. It wouldn't be so good if plugged into the back of the computer, but this does work on my motherboard.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Win7 Pro 64 | Asus Rampage III Extreme |Swiftech H2O cooled: CPU, Video, N. Bridge | i7 980X EE @4.5GHz | 16 GB DDR3 @1726 MHZ | AMD R9 290X 4GB DDR5 +EK H2O block+Backplate | BenQ XL2730Z 2560x1440 @144Hz | Samsung 850 EVO SSD 500GB | 2 - Samsung HD 1TB | Pinoeer BD-RW | ASUS Xonar DX 7.1 PCIe Audio | CoolerMaster Haf-X case | PC Power & Cooling Silencer 760W PS | HOTAS Cougar w/Evenstrain Mod | HOTAS Warthog | TM RCS Rudders + Mods | TM MFD's w/monitors | TrackIR5

Is there a way to set the TM Warthog backlighting to OFF by default, without having to open Target and turn them off every time I turn on my pc?

To answer your question, I do not believe that is possible.

Hmmm, not sure how to do this, but I find it annoying with my TMHW, as it is sometimes still lit after I have switched off my computer.

After the computer powers down I unplug the Throttle USB cable, the LEDS go off, I then plug the USB in again ready for the next power up. It wouldn't be so good if plugged into the back of the computer, but this does work on my motherboard.

You guys need to update your Warthog firmware. That problem was fixed more than a year ago.

When updating, to be safe, make sure the stick and throttle are both plugged directly into the motherboard USB ports and not into any front panels or powered USB hubs.

Intel i9-13900K : ASUS TUF RTX 4080 : 32GB G.Skill RipjawsV 4000 : TM HOTAS Warthog : HP Reverb G2

You guys need to update your Warthog firmware. That problem was fixed more than a year ago.

Those posts, except one, are from a year ago too!! :P

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

I've never installed the Target software myself, but I think some time ago some forum member mentioned that you can install Target, adjust the LED brightness level of the throttle, and then just uninstall Target. And the adjusted LED brightness level remains.

Is that true or not?

The LEDs stay off (or dimmed, depending on TARGET setup) as long as the USB connector is powered. When the power is turned OFF (when you totally unplug the PC or have a switch for the power outlet) the Warthog goes back to standard LED lighting when you turn the power back up again.

So I wouldn't uninstall TARGET but you don't have to let it run all the time.

I run my WH thru a powered hub and once set in target does not change when it loses power or computer is turned off. I do have the new firmware installed (ok, its been out about two years now).

Lumper

-------------------------------------------

When the going gets tough, the smart cutout.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I run my WH thru a powered hub and once set in target does not change when it loses power or computer is turned off. I do have the new firmware installed (ok, its been out about two years now).

Do you think that Target software should be kept installed on your PC to enable Throttle to "remember" the adjusted LED brightness level?

I'd like to dim the LEDs a bit, but I don't want to install Target software to my Sim PC. Instead, my plan was to install Target to my laptop, connect Throttle to my laptop and "program" the LED brightness level, which hopefully would be permanent with also with my Sim PC without Target.

Do you think that Target software should be kept installed on your PC to enable Throttle to "remember" the adjusted LED brightness level?

I think it's the device that "remembers", not the software.

I'm using the HW with Cougar MFDs.

In T.A.R.G.E.T. if I change the LED state or intensity the MFDs will remember the settings when I reboot, the Throttle will remember only the intensity but its LEDs will be always ON.

Example

MFDs LEDs set to OFF

Throttle LEDs set to OFF

After reboot

MFDs LEDs are OFF

Throttle LEDs are ON again

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

OS: Windows 10 Pro 64Bit - CPU: Intel Core i7-9700K - MB: Asus ROG Maximus XI Hero - RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB DDR4 3200 - GPU: Nvidia GeForce RTX2080ti

Controllers: Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog, Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals

Head tracking: FaceTrackNOIR+FreeTrack 3 Points Cap

VR headset: VALVE Index

I'm using the HW with Cougar MFDs.

In T.A.R.G.E.T. if I change the LED state or intensity the MFDs will remember the settings when I reboot

I have Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs too. Their LED brightness can be controlled without Target Software. You just install the drivers which include the Control Panel of MFDs. Control Panel has a slider for LED intensity.

• 3 years later...

Sorry to revive this thread but I would like to say that one doesn't need to install any software (TARGET or CD Drivers control panel) to control LED intensity or to turn them off. You may only press and hold OSB 14 & OSB 15 and, while holding, use the Rocker switch on the left bottom corner to adjust the brightness.

So far I haven't been able to prevent the TM Warthog Throttle LEDS to turn on everytime the PC boots

My rig specs:

Intel Core i7 4770 @3.4Ghz // Corsair 16GB DDR3 // MoBo Asus Z87K // HDD 1TB 7200RPM // eVGA Nvidia GTX 760GT 2GB DDR5 // LG 3D 47" 1920x1080 // Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS // Saitek Combat Pro Pedals // Thrustmaster MFD Cougar pack // PS3 Eye + FTNOIR

• 2 months later...

thank where are OSB 14/15 ?

cpu:I7-6700k Z170 16GB Ram DDR4 Gtx 1080 8Gb DDR5 11GBs SSD 500 Gb 2 HDD 1Tb Evga supernova G2 850w Case Bequiet series 800 Silent base Win 10 pro 64 bit

My wishlist: F-35/B-17G/F4U Corsair/Yak-3/P-40B Tomahawk

7rooper osd14 /15 work only for MFD no for Hotas

cpu:I7-6700k Z170 16GB Ram DDR4 Gtx 1080 8Gb DDR5 11GBs SSD 500 Gb 2 HDD 1Tb Evga supernova G2 850w Case Bequiet series 800 Silent base Win 10 pro 64 bit

My wishlist: F-35/B-17G/F4U Corsair/Yak-3/P-40B Tomahawk

I have Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs too. Their LED brightness can be controlled without Target Software. You just install the drivers which include the Control Panel of MFDs. Control Panel has a slider for LED intensity.

I was referring to this affirmation. That's why I said no need for TARGET software to control LED intensity in the COUGAR MFDs but I made clear that for the WARTHOG HOTAS you need the TARGET software and the settings are reset back to default everytime the computer boots

My rig specs:

Intel Core i7 4770 @3.4Ghz // Corsair 16GB DDR3 // MoBo Asus Z87K // HDD 1TB 7200RPM // eVGA Nvidia GTX 760GT 2GB DDR5 // LG 3D 47" 1920x1080 // Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS // Saitek Combat Pro Pedals // Thrustmaster MFD Cougar pack // PS3 Eye + FTNOIR

Since I use Target anyway, and the machine is only used for flight sims, I just have each profile turn off all of the lights when the profile starts. Since I also do not shut the machine down except for maintenance or when I am away for an extended period, that works for me.

• 2 years later...