• More of The Russian Federation
    • More of Georgia
    • Armomia
    • Turkey
    • Bulgaria
    • Romania
    • Moldovia
    • No where else. It's fine what we have

I was trying to improve my geographic skills in the BlackSea area. At the same time looking at how empty the Hyperlobby was, it kind of dawned on me that maybe its because we need a new theatre to fly in. Anyway I figured I'll put up a screenshot compliments of NASA Worldwind with the proper names of all the surrounding Countries/States. Let us all have a look and then vote on where we would like to see LO-MAC expand to next if at all.

BlackSea.jpg

As there allready is a "turkish airbase" it would be nice to expand down south a bit, we would find ourselves in the middle east, we allready have some of the region planes as flyables, and it has been a hornets nest for ages, IMO the most logical reason to expand to... I cant imagine the theatre expanding to The Netherlands and Belgium for expample. :icon_weed

:D

hmmm how about an option "none of the above"? ;)

And I see you alot online either Ice, on your server with 4 or 5 people or in the waiting lobby. Join other servers dude.

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic4448_29.gif[/sigpic]

My PC specs below:

Case: Corsair 400C

PSU: SEASONIC SS-760XP2 760W Platinum

CPU: AMD RYZEN 3900X (12C/24T)

RAM: 32 GB 4266Mhz (two 2x8 kits) of trident Z RGB @3600Mhz CL 14 CR=1T

MOBO: ASUS CROSSHAIR HERO VI AM4

GFX: GTX 1080Ti MSI Gaming X

Cooler: NXZT Kraken X62 280mm AIO

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2+6GB WD 6Gb red

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog + CH pro pedals

Monitor: Gigabyte AORUS AD27QD Freesync HDR400 1440P

As there allready is a "turkish airbase" it would be nice to expand down south a bit, we would find ourselves in the middle east, we allready have some of the region planes as flyables, and it has been a hornets nest for ages, IMO the most logical reason to expand to... I cant imagine the theatre expanding to The Netherlands and Belgium for expample. :icon_weed

Bring it on ! :horseback We (The Dutch) will bitchslap those Flanker and Migs right out of the sky with our F-16A's.

Haven't E.D. already announced where they're extending the map to?

For my 2 cents worth - I think extending the map east to the Caspian, then continuously clockwise around the Black Sea would catch some interesting places both politically & geographically - rather than jumping across the water straight away...

Cheers.

As there allready is a "turkish airbase" it would be nice to expand down south a bit

One could do this, when you have the Merzifon mod/addon from by Swingkid is installed, one flies in a deserted landscape. It would be great if someone could volunteer to make a template mission map, containing groundobjects to resemble towns in the region of Turkey. 666th_Birdie's trees mod could add some nice trees.

Using the current missioneditor("ME") it would be a tedious, laborous task :icon_hang to do. If the ME could accept templates, or copy groups of objects one could easily populate the deserted Turkey, Bulgaria to make decent landscapes.

Who will be the brave soul who would attempt that feat? :rolleyes:

met vriendelijke groet,

Михель

"умный, спортсмен, комсомолетс"

[sIGPIC]159th_pappavis.jpg[/sIGPIC]

[TABLE]SPECS: i9-9900K 32gigs RAM, Geforce 2070RTX, Creative XFi Fata1ity, TIR5, Valve Index & HP Reverb, HOTAS Warthog, Logitech G933 Headset, 10Tb storage.[/TABLE]

Something from WAY over in left field - How about Indonesia (Red side) vs Australia (Blue side) scrapping over New Zealand ??? It'd make me feel at home...

'Bout the right size - Nice & varied scenery - (blow it up), only little cities, (easier to build & no huge FPS hits (unless they're on fire)) + somebody's already doing a high res terrain of the whole country for commercial release as an add on for MS ...

see:

http://www.kiwisim.net.nz/article.php?story=20050714125348797

or

http://www.geographx.co.nz/products_MSFS_footer.html

Cheers.

Something from WAY over in left field - How about Indonesia (Red side) vs Australia (Blue side) scrapping over New Zealand ??? It'd make me feel at home...

'Bout the right size - Nice & varied scenery - (blow it up), only little cities, (easier to build & no huge FPS hits (unless they're on fire)) + somebody's already doing a high res terrain of the whole country for commercial release as an add on for MS ...

see:

http://www.kiwisim.net.nz/article.php?story=20050714125348797

or

http://www.geographx.co.nz/products_MSFS_footer.html

Indonesia has far too little airforce, and I think it would be out of context to stage virtual war there after recent events in the real world.

My PC specs below:

As has Australia really ...

& to tell the truth no-one's wanted to take this place over since the Japanese sent subs here in WWII.

However - I was really only joking - see my earlier post. I think where the map goes now is already decided.

The thread just reminded me of seeing that a couple of companies were releasing terrains of NZ at 15m res & it was a way of passing that on to anyone interested.

Cheers.

I think Turkey is a good idea,because of it's potential for a flight sim.

It has a wide variety of terrain:from rainy and mountainous northern,to eastern with cold temperatures and high mountains;hot and large plains to the middle and mountains and plains mixed together in the west and south with mediterranean climate.

But the best of all is the geopolitical location,you can reach Crimea,Europe,Middle East and Caucasus in no time ;) You can make great scenarios around.

I don't think it would be done with the current Lomac engine,but It will be the best environment for next "F-16 Destroyer" :)

Repeating E.D.'s ramblings on the subject from the anouncement of the "Destroyer" project :

(what is that - a bad translation of 'fighter'?)

"The theater of the military actions of simulator will be the Near East - Syria, Lebanon and other countries. In the course of time it is planned to model entire round Earth, but are in detail studied will be studied separate regions. "

Cheers.

The "next sim" wont be just F-16. People tend to forget that. Its suposed focus onto the pair F-16/mig-29 with options for the migs advanced variants still open AFAIK.

As for the scenario it would make alot of sence to include part of the midle east since very few modern SIM ever depicted that region. If we wanted to dig for a SIM wich gave any serious detail there you would end up finding falcon 3 or such.

My PC specs below:

Repeating E.D.'s ramblings on the subject from the anouncement of the "Destroyer" project :

(what is that - a bad translation of 'fighter'?)

"The theater of the military actions of simulator will be the Near East - Syria, Lebanon and other countries. In the course of time it is planned to model entire round Earth, but are in detail studied will be studied separate regions. "

Last time I checked, the project wasn't called Destroyer - that was a bad babelfish and someone picked it up as the name. It's just some bad Russlish for "fighter".

Who flies the MiG29 in the Near East?

Err, and actually has any left that haven't been carefully redistributed courtesy of some accurately addressed packages of high explosive?

Who flies the MiG29 in the Near East?

The syrians have them. Word is that they even got a handfull of flankers as well.

My PC specs below:

From a mission building point of view, I'd say more of georgia, Armenia and eastern Turkey would be a good move with regard to expanding the current map.

At a later date (probably in aonther project....or more likely only in my fantasies!!) Scandanavia and north west Russia would make an interesting theatre of ops. Not only would it open up some amazing scenery (Fjords, glaciers etc) but it would open up the opportunity for a whole range of aircraft that AFAIK have never been modelled in a modern combat flight sim (Sweden's SAAB's come to mind).

At a later date (probably in aonther project....or more likely only in my fantasies!!) Scandanavia and north west Russia would make an interesting theatre of ops. Not only would it open up some amazing scenery (Fjords, glaciers etc) but it would open up the opportunity for a whole range of aircraft that AFAIK have never been modelled in a modern combat flight sim (Sweden's SAAB's come to mind).

Good call. It would indeed be in EDs best traditions to focus on some of the less known excellent fighters of europes north. Personaly I like the Scandinavia theater very much as it features a very interesting landscape and a very distinctive atmosphere. One big problem tough might be the sheer size of the theater.

Concerning the original poll, I would favour none of the mentioned options. To be honest I don't like to current theater very much ( especially from a mission building point of view ) and would like to see a complete shift away from the black sea region.

My most favourite theater would be central europe ( after the Falklands, wich are out of question anyway for a non-historic sim ). These is the battlefield for wich large part of the current areal arsenal was build for and it is the ultimative tank hunting grounds for helos and Hogs. Unfortunatly the features that make this theater exeptional also make it unreasonable from a development point of view: Densety of infrastructure.

Another theater that might provide something new and fresh and might be attractive from a developer point of view is a limited war in central africa, like Chad. The various Mirage F1 videos featuring operations in that country certently rose my interest.

My perennial favorite topic.

One could do this, when you have the Merzifon mod/addon from by Swingkid is installed, one flies in a deserted landscape. It would be great if someone could volunteer to make a template mission map, containing groundobjects to resemble towns in the region of Turkey. 666th_Birdie's trees mod could add some nice trees.

Using the current missioneditor("ME") it would be a tedious, laborous task :icon_hang to do. If the ME could accept templates, or copy groups of objects one could easily populate the deserted Turkey, Bulgaria to make decent landscapes.

Who will be the brave soul who would attempt that feat? :rolleyes:

Does this mean that you volunteer? If anyone is interested, they should PM me or Alfa, we might have a project for them.

http://www.ecf.utoronto.ca/~pavacic/lomac/skywars/airbases.jpg

-SK

P.S. "Armomia"? ;)