The battle simulator=what?

Csmag

Wow... just wow. And it actually looks genuine, too (Still cautious after falling for the MiG-29 smoke, LOL! Good one Dronas, BTW :) ). There's a Black Shark screenshot over there that I can't recall seeing before.

The best news is probably that this FAC stuff (and other realism related advances, such as better comms and avionics) is bound to make it into future commercial flightsims from ED, which in turn is going to make the already excellent CAS environment all the better.

Is this the same professional sim product that was alluded to in the Russian interview some time ago?

Guest ThomasDWeiss

Sometimes, I feel like a detective – I wish someone at ED just clarified things a bit. It is a pity that you have to read Jane’s or stumble upon a site to know what Eagle Dynamics is doing

We are overeacting over things that are likely to never materialize. Theres a bit of speculation here, and the absence of any of the DEV's caring to coment anything might mean something.

They are only willing to tell us what is the most secure items to be developed next.

The F-18 wont be donne without some aditional years of coding the basics it will be based on. Writing a complex game is never from scratch, or donne all at once.

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic4448_29.gif[/sigpic]

My PC specs below:

Case: Corsair 400C

PSU: SEASONIC SS-760XP2 760W Platinum

CPU: AMD RYZEN 3900X (12C/24T)

RAM: 32 GB 4266Mhz (two 2x8 kits) of trident Z RGB @3600Mhz CL 14 CR=1T

MOBO: ASUS CROSSHAIR HERO VI AM4

GFX: GTX 1080Ti MSI Gaming X

Cooler: NXZT Kraken X62 280mm AIO

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2+6GB WD 6Gb red

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog + CH pro pedals

Monitor: Gigabyte AORUS AD27QD Freesync HDR400 1440P

I hope that ED succeeds with "DESTROYERS" F-16 as it would be a very good way to make alot of money selling F-16 simulators to the military. An F/A-18 would not be impossible to model after an F-16 and they would likely earn a reputation to do it.

[sIGPIC]2011subsRADM.jpg

[/sIGPIC]

Theres a bit of speculation here, and the absence of any of the DEV's caring to coment anything might mean something.

Yeah and it might not ;)

Its not speculation that they have a website under construction to do with this game and its possible future direction!

Mizzy

The way I understand it is that TFC uses the LOMAC engine to produce training simulations for the military. I see two possible big advantages spawning for us civil simmers:

a) TFC ( Eagle ) makes money by selling derivates from its sim engine that can be reinvested into future sim products.

b) Features specialy requested by military customers might also find their way into the civil sim.

There is also one big disadvantage - TFC makes so much money selling the engine for producing real military simulators that they say the heck with making games and we're out. I don't mean to be pessimistic, but it could happen.

If Jane's Says its true. It must be.

Jane's Review

Man! Something's cookin`! And I can't wait to see it!

Thermaltake Kandalf LCS | Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R | Etasis ET750 (850W Max) | i7-920 OC to 4.0 GHz | Gigabyte HD5850 | OCZ Gold 6GB DDR3 2000 | 2 X 30GB OCZ Vertex SSD in RAID 0 | ASUS VW266H 25.5" | LG Blue Ray 10X burner | TIR 5 | Saitek X-52 Pro | Logitech G930 | Saitek Pro flight rudder pedals | Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit

OK, quick reality check. This is advertising material aimed at potential defense customers thus you should treat it with a (huge) pinch of salt, otherwise we are gonna be swamped (again) with forum posts saying "We were promised flyable F-18, where is it blah blah...."

I worked for various defense contractors for over 20 years and they used to do this sort of stuff all the time to attract potential customers.

I have sat in meetings where marketing guys have just flat out lied about what current off-the-shelf products do and how easy and quick and cheap it is to modify them.

In the case of Fighter Collection/Eagle they're actually being more truthful than most! We already heard that the lockon successor could well be a F-16 sim. As for F-18, you can easily say it is in development, after all the F-18 is there as an AI aircraft so it is partly done - see how this is truthful but without actually saying it would need XXX man-years of software development to do a flyable F-18.

Just to adjust your minds to how you should view defense marketing stuff, this what defense contractor marketing departments say and really mean........

They said: "Feasability studies are complete and we are in pre-production"

They mean: "Two of our guys have talked about it by the water cooler...."

They said: "This product is in production "

They mean: "....and they figured out what colour to paint it"

They said: "This product is in post-production "

They mean: "We have sent someone out for a tin of green paint"

They said: "This product is off the shelf"

They mean: "We already have a tin of green paint"

They said: "This product is off the shelf but is easy to modify to your (winter) specifications"

They mean: "We already have a tin of green paint, we can buy a tin of white and charge you for both"

They said: "Our skilled team are ready to modify the product to your specifications"

They mean: "We have hired a guy who can paint, he has his own brush"

They said: "This product is easy to modify by the end user"

They mean: "We can sell you a 30,000 dollar paint brush"

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Sorry Death, you lose! It was Professor Plum....

OK, quick reality check.

Exactly. To me this just looks like LOMAC spin-doctored to fit a more serious market and purpose. And there's nothing wrong with that, I wish them luck with the project.

But it's nothing to get excited about for us, the article describes what we have already... and the FAC stuff sounds like someone sat looking at the F10 view to me. :-)

Andrew McP

I wish them luck with the project.

Likewise!! If someone comes in and gives them serious money for product development in this area, we are sure to eventually reap the benefit in the future.

As for the Forward Air Controller thing, did ya mean F11 view ;)

pic1.jpg

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Sorry Death, you lose! It was Professor Plum....

I wish them luck with the project.

Likewise!! If someone comes in and gives them serious money for product development in this area, we are sure to eventually reap the benefit in the future.

As for the Forward Air Controller thing, did ya mean F11 view ;)

pic1.jpg

Lockon already supports FAC, no need for any modifications[must be human pilots though].

[sIGPIC]2011subsRADM.jpg

[/sIGPIC]