What do you think about P-51D and Flying Legends?

csper

What do you think about P-51D and Flying Legends?  

1729 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think about P-51D and Flying Legends?

• I'm so happy thanks ED ! :))
    • I like, but it could be another WW2 plane. :)
    • I dont like P-51D, I want another WW2 plane. :|
    • I want WW2 scenery, not just a WW2 plane!
    • I want Flying Legends series to have only JETs. There is no place WW2 planes at JET's playground! :/
    • I just want ED to make modern aircrafts/helicopters.. :(
    • I want carrier ops!
    • I want two seater cockpit!
    • If Flying Legends will have only ww2 planes, so it has to be independent from moderns..
    • Flying Legends must have helicopters.

(online compatible) a p51 chase a bs and A-10=joke

Well how do you think we do airshows then ?

Love the idea to fly on our maps together with the a-10 guys and sometimes grap a p-51D for fun. Besides a p-51 is quicker then a shark. BTW you find the p-51 A Joke but a shark together with a warthog isnt a bid eye brow raising for you then ? Also in reality everything is compatible in the same world ?

Btw for all i care the a-10 and shark are flying legends too for me. Both aircraft are older then me :smilewink:

Edited by WarthogSmurf

• Replies 581
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

(online compatible) a p51 chase an A-10=joke

You're just being difficult for the sake of being difficult at this point. You're arguments are for the sake of contradiction <insert Monty Python "The Argument skit here>. If you can't see the entertainment value of sharing the P51 and A-10 and whatever DCS aircraft launches in the same environment...well I pitty you. You must have grown up without any sense of imagination or appreciation for anything anyone offered you as entertainment. (don't buy it, enough said. You're not going to convince ED "this is a foolish choice and they should quit right now".

This is a computer sim, it's fantasy at the "core" so to call the P51 and A-10 compatibility a joke is to call yourself and those who play flight sims "jokers". We sit in front of a computer in our spare time and pretend to play pilot. PRETEND, because only a fraction of us in here are real life pilots and even less so are military pilots.

Honestly you come here and continually spew your crap (while entitled to your opinion...you've stated it long ago) is pointless. I don't want to read through your crap to see what others have to say personally.

-1 until you develop a little more understanding of the world existing outside your own. :megalol:

Edited by element1108

You're just being difficult for the sake of being difficult at this point. You're arguments are for the sake of contradiction <insert Monty Python "The Argument skit here>. If you can't see the entertainment value of sharing the P51 and A-10 and whatever DCS aircraft launches in the same environment...well I pitty you. You must have grown up with any sense of imagination or appreciation for anything anyone offered you as entertainment. (don't buy it, enough said. You're not going to convince ED "this is a foolish choice and they should quit right now".

This is a computer sim, it's fantasy at the "core" so to call the P51 and A-10 compatibility a joke is to call yourself and those who play flight sims "jokers". We sit in front of a computer in our spare time and pretend to play pilot. PRETEND, because only a fraction of us in here are real life pilots and even less so are military pilots.

Honestly you come here and continually spew your crap (while entitled to your opinion...you've stated it long ago) is pointless. I don't want to read through your crap to see what others have to say personally.

-1 until you develop a little more understanding of the world existing outside your own. :megalol:

+1

+1

• Like 1

Golfsierra2, why does that not make any sense?

Do you want ED to implement artificial incompatibility?

Have you ever heard about a P-51 involved in air combat with a Black Shark or A-10 Thunderbolt?

What scenario should this be? US/GUS vs an outdated south american air force?

Would you really think that flying a P-51 vs a modern A/G aircraft makes any sense?

Beg you pardon ....

kind regards,

Raven....

[sigpic]http://www.crc-mindreader.de/CRT/images/Birds2011.gif[/sigpic]

Would you really think that flying a P-51 vs a modern A/G aircraft makes any sense?

Who said that you are forced to fly a P-51 vs an A-10?

Servers will cater for all requirements.......It's all about the choice. Personally I will definitely endeavour to hunt down A-10's if and when the mood strikes and spank the living daylights out of them.

Why?

Why not? It's fun.

One cannot begin to even contemplate dictating to a person how they should play the SIM. What makes no sense to you will make 100% sense to the next guy and so on and so on - what is however important is that everyone is given all the available options to play the SIM as they want to. You might not agree with the way I roll, but hey, that's OK, as long as you are willing to respect it.

Don't worry - there'll be sandboxes big enough for everyone :)

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

There is nothing wrong with the P-51 as a stand alone DCS module. But IMHO there is no need to have it compatible with the other modules DCS:BS and DCS:A-10 due to scenario considerations.

If it's more difficult to remove the compatibility, leave it as it is, but I repeat myself here by saying that it doesn't make sense to operate an aircraft of the 1940/1950s with an aircraft of the 1970s in the same environment/simulation.

Flanker in that sense was realistic, even Lock-On was almost realistic. But a WWII bird on one side an a jet aircraft of a totally different generation to be flown in one simulation as opponents is ridiculous.

Then you could try to mix an F-104 with a F-22 as well....

Realistic? Naaaaah....

Edited by golfsierra2

kind regards,

Raven....

[sigpic]http://www.crc-mindreader.de/CRT/images/Birds2011.gif[/sigpic]

Mountain -> Molehill, as usual with this type of argument.

Don't want to see A-10's and P-51s flying in the same sky? Don't play missions where both are included, end of story, end of argument, everyone ends up happy.

There is nothing wrong with the P-51 as a stand alone DCS module. But IMHO there is no need to have it compatible with the other modules DCS:BS and DCS:A-10 due to scenario considerations.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

If it's more difficult to remove the compatibility, leave it as it is, but I repeat myself here by saying that it doesn't make sense to operate an aircraft of the 1940/1950s with an aircraft of the 1970s in the same environment/simulation.

Flanker in that sense was realistic, even Lock-On was almost realistic. But a WWII bird on one side an a jet aircraft of a totally different generation to be flown in one simulation as opponents is ridiculous.

Then you could try to mix an F-104 with a F-22 as well....

Realistic? Naaaaah....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Embraer_EMB_314_Super_Tucano

what is the problem?

• Like 1

I suggest a DCS P-51 Incompatibility paid Add-on :doh:

• Like 1
Spoiler

AMD Ryzen 9 5900X, MSI MEG X570 UNIFY (AM4, AMD X570, ATX), Noctua NH-DH14, EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti XC3 ULTRA, Seasonic Focus PX (850W), Kingston HyperX 240GB, Samsung 970 EVO Plus (1000GB, M.2 2280), 32GB G.Skill Trident Z Neo DDR4-3600 DIMM CL16, Cooler Master 932 HAF, Samsung Odyssey G5; 34", Win 10 X64 Pro, Track IR, TM Warthog, TM MFDs, Saitek Pro Flight Rudders

Sourious (:P):

After reading some of the postings here I might try to jump right in front of a oldtimer-car driver the next time I see one, and just ask him: what are you thinking you are doing here on the street.?! ... dont you know you aren't belong here!!? and when I see his surprised face - I will also ask him to go back to the 19fourties where he belongs... :D

...Wish me luck!! :D

Sourious (:P):

After reading some of the postings here I might try to jump right in front of a oldtimer-car driver the next time I see one, and just ask him: what are you thinking you are doing here on the street.?! ... dont you know you aren't belong here!!? and when I see his surprised face - I will also ask him to go back to the 19fourties where he belongs... :D

DCS != FSX :P

...and when the driver even ask me where I got the knowledge to decide whats wrong or right... - I will just give Him the link of this thread written down on a small paper! -

YES! - that's exactly what I will do... - having a card with this URL and waiting for a innocent old-timer car ! ;)

DCS != FSX tongue.gif
please elaborate some more - I just don't get it.

(Wirklich - kein angriff ! ;) ich verstehe wirklich nicht was Du meinst/sagen willst)

DCS is about any vehicles. Or even things that aren't vehicles.

DCS is not about civilian vehicles. Somehow your comparsion does not really fit ;)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

DCS is not about civilian vehicles. Somehow your comparsion does not really fit ;)

The P-51D has all arms enabled - so your comparison also doesn't fit - maybe it's time to think outside a box! :smilewink:

DCS != FSX tongue.gif

...and I'm norrised by GG...

Edited by PeterP

OK- you want to push the limits (what ever this may mean)

Yes but not the oldtimer-car that you will see on the street. wink.gif

And I will see the P51 on my screen... So What?!

(whatever you post as a answer - please make sure it wont start with a "but..." - I'm right no very tired and have better things to do than having a chit chat with you - sorry. - nothing against you - but what new arguments can we add to this over-straddled thread ?

- I think all has been said. and the future will tell.

_ I just post here from time- to-time because I'm so astonished that people are just posting without bother reading the first two pages... and you just felt in my yield-schematic)

...If you don't want to see it on your screen - just don't enter a MP game with a P51 enabled and don't BuY it !!!!

See - ... it's so easy.

Edit:

But one thing is sure! ;)

When I will meet you on-line while I'm in a Mustang - (I will not care if you are in my coalition) - make sure you have a deflector shield while I have you in my gun-sight ! - you will need it!!! :)

Edited by PeterP

And I will see the P51 on my screen... So What?!

(whatever you post as a answer - please make sure it wont start with a "but..." - I'm right no very tired and have better things to do than having a chit chat with you - sorry.)

Anyway you seem to have misunderstood my point or I did not express myself good enough.

...If you don't want to see it on your screen - just don't enter a MP game with a P51 enabled and don't BuY it !!!!

See - ... it's so easy.

For now thats what I will do. (I already said it somewhere else. I am more interested in Comined Arms)

And its not that i dont like to see the P51 on my screen. But I would rather see (as someone who has paid for A10C and BS2) how critical DCS issues are being fixed than some P51 screenshots are being posted. :cry:

- just asking to make this clear (In my usually provocating way...;) )-

did I understand you right:

You are asking for fixing Bugs in DCS 1.1.1.1 by posting about old-timers in a DCS: P51 thread ?!

- sorry - maybe I'm to slow to get this genius plan behind this ....today - but I'm in awe!

Edited by PeterP