What do you think about P-51D and Flying Legends?

csper

What do you think about P-51D and Flying Legends?  

1729 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think about P-51D and Flying Legends?

• I'm so happy thanks ED ! :))
    • I like, but it could be another WW2 plane. :)
    • I dont like P-51D, I want another WW2 plane. :|
    • I want WW2 scenery, not just a WW2 plane!
    • I want Flying Legends series to have only JETs. There is no place WW2 planes at JET's playground! :/
    • I just want ED to make modern aircrafts/helicopters.. :(
    • I want carrier ops!
    • I want two seater cockpit!
    • If Flying Legends will have only ww2 planes, so it has to be independent from moderns..
    • Flying Legends must have helicopters.

• Replies 581
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WW2 aircraft are simple and don't require an entire game dedicated to only one. You want a P-51, play 1946/WoP/CoD/Janes Fighters/etc. It's development time that could be put toward the next DCS module (Hornet/Mudhen plz!).

Nothing against the P-51 or WW2, just that I think it is reduntant.

WWII aircraft certainly are interesting, including the P-51, but DCS:Fighter is what I'm waiting for. I think that at this point, all resources should be devoted to that project first.

Awaiting: DCS F-15C

Win 10 i5-9600KF 4.6 GHz 64 GB RAM RTX2080Ti 11GB -- Win 7 64 i5-6600K 3.6 GHz 32 GB RAM GTX970 4GB -- A-10C, F-5E, Su-27, F-15C, F-14B, F-16C missions in User Files

Actually, on contemplating a bit about it, and at first reluctance, it seemed a bit awkward with the previous modules..

However, given the nature of the finished product ED always offers us, I think I would give ED the green light for such a divert..

And besides, the P-51D was always my favourite WW2 fighter, in addition to the Curtiss P-40. I'm sure there will be scenarios needing it.

But for the second part of the poll, well.. that is just my other half of the brain still fighting over the modernness of the module, and not its quality..

AWAITING ED NEW DAMAGE MODEL IMPLEMENTATION FOR WW2 BIRDS

Fat T is above, thin T is below. Long T is faster, Short T is slower. Open triangle is AWACS, closed triangle is your own sensors. Double dash is friendly, Single dash is enemy. Circle is friendly. Strobe is jammer. Strobe to dash is under 35 km. HDD is 7 times range key. Radar to 160 km, IRST to 10 km. Stay low, but never slow.

Well i voted for two options... im happy and also that i want carier ops, just to clarify however, that doesn't mean i want an avenger etc :p Ultimately im most looking forward to DCS: F-18 with a Goshhawk traing module of course ;) but the P51 is an absolute beauty, if ED get it right then this could be amazing!!! Also, it will be nice to jump into a sim thats as accurate as possible and yet doesn't require a manual thicker than the phone book to learn the massive ammount of modern systems. DCS: P51 has me excited for now, and as a brit, the thought of one day also getting DCS: Spitfire MK.9 has me just as excited.

Edited by Python

[sIGPIC]sigpic67951_1.gif[/sIGPIC]

so .. an old prop thingy instead of something useful :/

Darn it makes me happy, hope all other stuff that was talked about isnt throwned out in the garbage cos of the prop thingy!

would have loved a Dedicated server file more i can tell u! ...

• Like 1

It takes a fool to remain sane :huh:

I can't imagine choosing to play P-51D over IL2 1946. I would be curious to see it flying low over a modern battlefield, but that's about it.

I was hoping the first Legends aircraft might have been a Vietnam bird. Still could and probably will happen given enough time.

When Black Shark was first released, I suspected EDs priority would be getting equal opposites and likely rivals into the same arena to maximize multiplayer appeal. Now I see there is no pattern or limit to what they'll create.

They're like a box of chocolates... :D

Valve Index | RTX 3070 Ti (Mobile) | i7-12700H @ 2.7GHz | 16GB RAM

a10 is boring p51 is crap

hope onoter company builds a sim

Now that is a grand first post!:huh:

Welcome to the forum?:D

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Paraglider, please bring that up with Frostiken. :D

There is no such thing as "we want". A lot of people want a lot of different things, and no-one is a representative of the community at large. ;)

Finally, please do remember the announcement. Development of DCS:Next is continuing in parallel with DCS Mustang. The Mustang is NOT a replacement for DCS:Next, it is exactly what the announcement stated that it is. :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester

Finally, please do remember the announcement. Development of DCS:Next is continuing in parallel with DCS Mustang. The Mustang is NOT a replacement for DCS:Next, it is exactly what the announcement stated that it is. :)

Yes, it was mentioned before but future of DCS with Mustang and other Flying Legends is not so bright for me. I would say we will see eagles and pterodactyls on the same tree.

Paraglider, please bring that up with Frostiken. biggrin.gif

I hope he will accept this challange.

They both love this plane but in other aspect :D

Edited by Sanch0
  • Like 1

PVAF

"A fighter without a gun... is like an airplane without a wing" dedicated to F-4 Phantom

I just have to laugh of all the negative feedback on the p51. Not a single person is forcing you to buy it (i hope). And when the game is out, for those of you that dont want to see the a10 surrounded by the aggressive p51 i bet there will be servers only for a10's too. And if not, nobody is stopping you from hosting one yourself:) even if they hadent made the p51, i dont think that the next jet would come any faster!:) i personally love the flying legends "addon" to the dcs series!:D cant wait!!

I just have to laugh of all the negative feedback on the p51. Not a single person is forcing you to buy it (i hope). And when the game is out, for those of you that dont want to see the a10 surrounded by the aggressive p51 i bet there will be servers only for a10's too. And if not, nobody is stopping you from hosting one yourself:) even if they hadent made the p51, i dont think that the next jet would come any faster!:) i personally love the flying legends "addon" to the dcs series!:D cant wait!!

Because people(like me) have been wrestling with the question what the next jet is for over a year , but P51 just like something suddenly dropped down out of the sky. Actually P51 has nothing to do with F18 , but Its not the answer people want , so p51 now became a scapegoat .:D

Because people(like me) have been wrestling with the question what the next jet is for over a year , but P51 just like something suddenly dropped down out of the sky. Actually P51 has nothing to do with F18 , but Its not the answer people want , so p51 now became a scapegoat .:D

Nail... meet head!

We have a winner!

Give that man a ceegar!

I love all aviation. I love the P51! Just that some of us have been waiting for DCS Jet since before BlackShark was released, so regardless if whether or not DCS Jet has been slowed down by the impending release of P51, it isn't what some of us were expecting, that's all.

• Like 1

yes I bet that's american fighter, release that were expecting?

" any failure you meet, is never a defeat; merely a set up for a greater come back, "  W Forbes

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts,"  Winston Churchill

" He who never changes his mind, never changes anything," 

MSI z690MPG DDR4 || i914900k|| ddr4-64gb PC3200 || MSI RTX 4070Ti|Game1300w|Win10x64| |turtle beach elite pro 5.1|| ViRpiL,T50cm2|| MFG Crosswinds|| VT50CM-plus rotor Throttle || G10 RGB EVGA Keyboard/MouseLogitech || PiMax Crystal VR || 32 Samsung||

the P-51 pics look great! cant wait..

just a thought.

i would like to see some dramtic pilot situations implemented into DCS.

bullets holes in the cockpit,slowly dying bleeding pilot, bleeding all over instruments, heavy breathing and so on. bring the pilot to life.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Crosshair VIII hero wifi, 3800x w/ Enermax 360 AIO cooler (push-pull), 32gigs DDR4 Ripjaws 3600, Win 10 home on a Plextor PCI-E x4 3gb/s HD, EVGA 2070 Super FTW3 ultra+, Soundblaster Z

Rift S, M$FFB2, CH Pro throttle, Saitek pedals

BS2, A10C, P51D, SPITFIRE, FC3, Uh-1H, F86, Mi-8MTV2, SA342, MIG21-bis, AV8BNA, F14, F16, FA-18C, SUPERCARRIER

• ED Team

I can understand peoples frustration, I mean at this point I dont understand why they havent at least stated what they are working on, if its the F-18 or what. I dont really understand they thinking behind it. But maybe there is some grand reason why they cant announce it yet, I really dont know what that would be, but I am not a developer either.

I am sure the announcement when it comes will have its own set of unrational forum posting and impatience, but it just seems silly that they cant at least announce what they are working on next now.

I am very excited for P-51, and anything else ED throws my way, I would really be excited about announcement on dedicated server software too lol...

/end ramble

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

Well this is the next USA fixed wing aircraft that was talked about as being the next sim to be rolled out.

I'm ambivalent, really, as long as they continue to update and allow each module to progress in unison, then mission accomplished as far as this paying customer is concerned. If they fail at that there will be plenty of other things to keep me occupied and plenty of other potential consumers for ED to keep occupied as well.

I wonder and somewhat hope that the goal is to keep interest levels up amongst all sorts of PC flight sim enthusiasts and gamers wanting something a little more challenging, whilst ED just do what they enjoy. I shall embrace what comes when it comes.

If I'm to say one thing that may show my more skeptical side then it's the worry that the dollars-in-the-eyes have started to appear amongst ED's management who now have more of an ambition of profiteering in mind whilst keeping potential customers hanging on to what may or may not be next.

Seemed to me that ED was just a quality flight sim producer without any clear intention of what nor any particular situation/era being modelled. As long as it was something that could be an accurate representation for training purposes in whatever particular field they gather investment from.

I'm guessing that the things we'll be likely to see come from ED this year are updates to A10/BS2, the new FX engine, Nevada and, nearing the end of the year, hopefully the Mustang.

I am patiently looking forward to these releases and wish ED all the best. That said, it'd be nice to know what they had in the pipeline with regards a model of a jet fighter, if any, and when they expect to fulfill that expectation.

Corsair 550D / Be Quiet 650W Pro 10 / ASUS P8Z77-V Pro / Intel i5 3570K / 16GB Kingston HyperX 1600 MHz / EVGA GTX 970 SC ACX2 4GB / 128GB Samsung 830 / RME HDSPe Multiface 2 / 1TB Samsung F3 / Prolimatech Megalames Rev. B / Windows 10 / BenQ XL2420T / Saitek X52 Pro / Kone Pure+ / Filco Majestouch 2 Ninja