What do you think about P-51D and Flying Legends?

csper

What do you think about P-51D and Flying Legends?  

1729 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think about P-51D and Flying Legends?

• I'm so happy thanks ED ! :))
    • I like, but it could be another WW2 plane. :)
    • I dont like P-51D, I want another WW2 plane. :|
    • I want WW2 scenery, not just a WW2 plane!
    • I want Flying Legends series to have only JETs. There is no place WW2 planes at JET's playground! :/
    • I just want ED to make modern aircrafts/helicopters.. :(
    • I want carrier ops!
    • I want two seater cockpit!
    • If Flying Legends will have only ww2 planes, so it has to be independent from moderns..
    • Flying Legends must have helicopters.

...and the one that gets back in the car likes ice cream

Only 40% of him like ice cream. 70% of him wonder where the crisps went, though.

• Like 2

Good, fast, cheap. Choose any two.

Come let's eat grandpa!

Use punctuation, save lives!

• Replies 581
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is my favorite kind of poll. I think the results are more useful when you get to vote for more than one option. If the options were just yes and no for example, you could assume anyone that voted both yes and no was undecided!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Well to be honest, at first, I've been skeptical, and wanted DCS: Fighter to be done ASAP. But now after some thinking, this might be a good thing, especially if with this thing ED attract some 3rd party dev's like A2A and OBRX.

Even though I'm not a biggest fan of American WW2 birds, I'm gonna buy it, and fly it. I hope we will be able to see some complex engine management and realistic behavior. (I don't expect anything less from ED tbh :music_whistling:)

What I would really like to see done in the legend series is my personal favorite WW2 plane FW190A, then later really sky is the limit. I can see that production time on legend series will be a lot less than the current, modern aircraft, so here's to hope. :thumbup:

Wishlist: DCS: MiG29M/CMT | DCS: MiG25/31 | DCS: MiG-23MLD | DCS: F16CJ

“The Mustang flies like every aircraft should. With lots of power and beautifully harmonized controls, it is a joy to fly. The first time you push the throttle up can only be compared to the exhilaration of your first solo, because there is your life before the Mustang, and there is your life after the Mustang, because it will never be the same. It's a magic carpet armed with machine guns.”

Jim Harley, a pilot of Betty Jane, a P-51B/C operated by the Collings Foundation.

http://www.aopa.org/aircraft/articles/2012/120403p-51-romps-to-become-challenge-champion.html

Yeah, I'm looking forward to DCS P-51. :)

Lobo's DCS A-10C Normal Checklist & Quick Reference Handbook current version 8D available here:

http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/172905/

• 4 weeks later...

Lets just say I've realised how much of a thin veneer other WWII era simulators are compared to the DCS: Mustang.

Lyndiman

AMD Ryzen 3600 / RTX 2070 Super / 32G Ram / Win10 / TrackIR 5 Pro / Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals

High quality as always ED. I like it very much. After flying alot of IL-2 and other WWII sims i thought this would be too simple for me... i guarantee its not. I've crashed so many times already. The aircraft really feels heavy and authentic.

And with the new DCS World this is really getting interesting. We just need more planes/choppers, a dedicated server with a dynamic multiplayer campagn with the possibility to run for weeks.

Just get rid of that stupid DRM.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

We are looking for Swedish members!

http://www.masterarms.se

Im liking it a lot, and I dont really care if it doesnt fit in with the Hog or the Shark, just flying around in the Pony is a great experience. And all the little details just make me want to come back for more; just noticed that if you select the "Tuskegee Airmen"-skin the pilot will be black :P

Lets just say I've realized how much of a thin veneer other WWII era simulators are compared to the DCS: Mustang.

^^ This

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] AEF Flesh | 161 SQN

System: 965BE / 5850 Toxic / TrackIR 5 Pro / 120gb Corsair Force 3 GT / 2TB Raid10 / 6GB RAM /TM HOTAS Warthog / G13 / Combat Rudder Pedals..... and lots more :doh:

I bought it, two reasons really

One - variety is the spice of crashing planes into the ground

And the Second - I might not get much use out of it maybe afew hours maybe afew hundred hours I don't know yet, but support a brand that offers extreme level's of high quality is something i'll get behind.

I was actually surprised at how easy it was to fly. But that was because my first flight was flown "my way", not the proper way. I gave it two notches of flaps and held the stick in my lap until about 90 and gently brought the tail up. Landing was even easier. 3 points and it tracked straight as a razor. Then I tried it the right way. No flaps and let the tail fly itself off with neutral stick. 3 seconds later I was upside down in the grass. It's a nice machine. The new explosions are a big improvement. Without a Bf-109 I don't think I will fly it very often but am quite happy to help fund a single desktop icon.

• ED Team

Takeoff, landing, and flying point A to point B can be quite easy in the Pony. Where she can be a real handful in a dogfight, particularly if you let her get too slow and ham-fist the controls.

Edited by Wags

Yeah but flying point A to B to C etc with bad weather, no radar, and some other "ennemy" mustang arround like a good old air patrol can be really difficult.

This sim remember me Combat Flight Simulator 2, but we need some flak and some other plane to destroy, I have see a BF-109 on a DCS P51 video, waiting for informations about that, i just praid for this to be not an easter egg :thumbup:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Make the reporting system great again!

Don't stop now. I'm looking for the next generation IL2 replacement. Bring on a worthy opponent, late model Me 109 or FW 190, and I guarantee you'll have people swarming. Out of small beginnings come great things!

Most definitely yes please for WWII era aircarft (and early 50's props) and WWII era scenery/environment!

"A true 'sandbox flight sim' requires hi-fidelity flyable non-combat utility/support aircraft."

Wishlist Terrains - Bigger maps

Wishlist Modules - A variety of utility aircraft to better reflect the support role. E.g. Flying the Hornet ... big yawn ... flying a Caribou on a beer run to Singapore? Count me in. Extracting a Recon Patrol from a hastily prepared landing strip at a random 6 figure grid reference? Now yer talking!

Right now it doesn't feel like there's that much to do, but I could see enjoying the hell out of this once it's got a larger palate of appropriate targets. I'm sure by this time next year the community will have cranked out entire armies for it to fight.

In the mean time, though, it's crazy fun to fly. The A-10 feels kinda like a big magic carpet - it just sort of evenly "floats" in the direction you point it, which is great for the cockpit workload - but the P-51 feels like a frisbee with rocket engines. The flight model is great, since you can really "feel" the air around you with every move. It pushes back and makes the whole thing feel kind of "springy."

I just did the training missions today, and fighting in it is a real challenge. Man, those machine guns sound great, though. It's pretty hard to conserve ammo with something that makes that kinda noise.

For when it goes wrong: Win10x64, GTX1080, Intel i7 @3.5 GHz, 32GB DDR3, Warthog HOTAS, Saitek combat rudder pedals, TrackIR 5 / Vive Pro, a case of Pabst, The Funk