Red Tails

WildBillKelsoe

Due to the news of P-51 currently undergoing development, I'm sure you've heard of Red Tails.

Some posters and screens

68992.jpg

red_tails_poster.jpg

first-images-red-tails-91f03.jpg

Should be fun to watch while reading the flight manuals..

Worth mentioning is that Terrence Howard also roled for a Tuskegee fly boy in Hart's War..

AWAITING ED NEW DAMAGE MODEL IMPLEMENTATION FOR WW2 BIRDS

Fat T is above, thin T is below. Long T is faster, Short T is slower. Open triangle is AWACS, closed triangle is your own sensors. Double dash is friendly, Single dash is enemy. Circle is friendly. Strobe is jammer. Strobe to dash is under 35 km. HDD is 7 times range key. Radar to 160 km, IRST to 10 km. Stay low, but never slow.

Two things... One, i think Lucas himself calls this film silly, so don't expect historical accuracy. Two, he finances this movie himself because no studios would pick it up because it has no white leading man and lady. He seems like a decent man isn't he? I'll definitely go see this film.

EagleEye,

That tread turned political so might as well start another. I'm curious if anyone here has seen it, too.

Edited by leafer

ED have been taking my money since 1995. :P

at least we get some moves to fantasize of...

My bad..

AWAITING ED NEW DAMAGE MODEL IMPLEMENTATION FOR WW2 BIRDS

Fat T is above, thin T is below. Long T is faster, Short T is slower. Open triangle is AWACS, closed triangle is your own sensors. Double dash is friendly, Single dash is enemy. Circle is friendly. Strobe is jammer. Strobe to dash is under 35 km. HDD is 7 times range key. Radar to 160 km, IRST to 10 km. Stay low, but never slow.

I have seen a lot of bad reviews and I'm wondering why. I bet Pearl harbor didn't get bad reviews like that and I wonder why :music_whistling:

i7-4820k @ 3.7, Windows 7 64-bit, 16GB 1866mhz EVGA GTX 970 2GB, 256GB SSD, 500GB WD, TM Warthog, TM Cougar MFD's, Saitek Combat Pedals, TrackIR 5, G15 keyboard, 55" 4K LED

They're still bitter about the last 3 episodes? Young Dart Vedar rolling around with Padme...wtf? :D

WTF are you talking about :megalol:, cracking me up over here with that post!

i7-4820k @ 3.7, Windows 7 64-bit, 16GB 1866mhz EVGA GTX 970 2GB, 256GB SSD, 500GB WD, TM Warthog, TM Cougar MFD's, Saitek Combat Pedals, TrackIR 5, G15 keyboard, 55" 4K LED

I have seen a lot of bad reviews and I'm wondering why. I bet Pearl harbor didn't get bad reviews like that and I wonder why :music_whistling:

It didn't.

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/1108389-pearl_harbor/

The right man in the wrong place makes all the difference in the world.

Current Projects:  Grayflag ServerScripting Wiki

Useful Links: Mission Scripting Tools MIST-(GitHub) MIST-(Thread)

SLMOD, Wiki wishlist, Mission Editing Wiki!, Mission Building Forum

Overall it was fine, I didn't hear people bashing it like Redtails.

The movie itself is quite good, however the supporting cast might as well be non-existent. The bomber pilots especially make me cringe whenever they talk during the flight scenes (for some reason on the ground they become perfectly fine).

The primary casting of the black pilots, maintainers, and officers however, was done pretty magnificently. Though at times they are fairly shallow, they aren't poor actors.

In terms of dogfights. There are a couple maneuvers in there that aren't quite right. Nothing most people could spot, and probably result from misinterpretations of other maneuvers (e.g. Flipping a plane over TVC style, which was probably originally meant to be a snap roll, which if I understand correctly was originally a common problem with the P-51D series aircraft, but was eventually used as a tactic to quickly get behind German aircraft).

Other than a few quirks here and there however, I found this movie to be enjoyable nonetheless, and it really doesn't deserve the low-brow bashing that it has been getting from critics.

If you do go see the movie however, be warned. You will have to sit through the first five minutes first. This will probably be the worst five minutes of any airplane movie you have ever seen. I mean BAD, as in atrocious, as in gut-wrenchingly unbearable. As in a T-80U going up against an A-10C bad. The voice acting at this point sounds like it was done by a school as an audition INTO their program, and the ONLY thing that may have saved this scene is the CG.

Edited by Pyroflash

If you aim for the sky, you will never hit the ground.

there was a special on a few nights ago with the star terrance howard on a pbs station here and it was quite interesting... the movie nearly didnt get made...

he was saying that george lucas had wanted to do this movie for a number of years and was finally ready to do it..so he fronted the money, blah blah, did the movie and in the process made a few innovations as he always does when filming... but then he took the movie to fox to have them do the distributing and advertising since he had a long relationship with fox already... they turned him down... GEORGE LUCAS!... he said what the hell for... they said with an all black cast they didnt know how to handle it and didnt think it would go over very well and said they didnt want to deal with it.

So george went to all the other motion picture co's, i think in the interview he said he went to 7 other co's and they ALL turned the movie down...

Terrance went on to say he was devistated and shocked especially after already fronting 50 million of his own money to do the movie... during dinner with his wife who is half african american i guess told him now you are understanding what its like being black and being turned away... and is rather ironic that back then blacks couldnt do this or that, and here we are today and having to go through this .... sooooo george said screw em i'll distribute it my self and put up another 20 million or so to do all the distribution and advertising...

but as most have said cgi crap just really can never get flying just right.. thats why good movies like blue thunder thats 30 years old still are kick ass to watch cause they actually used real aircraft for 90% of the movie...in fact the only cgi in that movie was the two fighter jets. Then a rc helicopter for two scenes ... the rest was all full scale and rocks even today...

Dave Townsend

http://www.indyhelis.com

• 2 weeks later...

Just saw it last night and I'd say it was a awesome movie.

I don't watch TV that much, so I wouldn't know. Hopefully they are.

Is breaking bad about the teacher turned drug maker? If that's it I saw a few minutes and I won't waste my time on it.

Is breaking bad about the teacher turned drug maker? If that's it I saw a few minutes and I won't waste my time on it.

Yes, a Chemical Professor...turned drug producer...

Watch " The Walking Dead " I really like that..until I cancelled my cable..now save $200.00 a month..now I use Antenna Tv..I get 28 channels for free...LOL :music_whistling:

Just out of curiosity, is that because you object to the subject matter? Because it's almost unheard in terms of quality (http://www.metacritic.com/tv/breaking-bad/season-4/critic-reviews). Same with the Wire (http://www.metacritic.com/tv/the-wire/season-4/critic-reviews), though it pretty much deals with drugs as well. Anyhow, didn't mean to derail the thread.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]