[SP] The Valley Run

Enjoyed "The Valley Run" Looking forward to the next mission.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Lian Li 011 Dynamic Evo, Core i9 11900K @ 5.0GHz, Corsair H150i CPU cooler, Asus Prime Z590-A, Radeon RX6800 XT64GB, Team T-Force Delta DDR4 3600, Corsair RM1000X PSU,  Win 11 x64

Yes, this is a good one. Well done!

Question and spoiler:

-

-

-

-

How do you guys manage to avoid the SA15 and the SA8? They keep pinging me when I get too high and I frankly can't find them unaided with the TGP. I find it very hard to carry out the mission from so low, I mean... to avoid those AA systems I have to stay so close to the deck I can almost reach out and touch the ground. autopilot is out of the question and programming the CDU under those circumstances is quite hard :-) Are the F-16's supposed to take them out?

Yes, this is a good one. Well done!

Question and spoiler:

-

-

-

-

How do you guys manage to avoid the SA15 and the SA8? They keep pinging me when I get too high and I frankly can't find them unaided with the TGP. I find it very hard to carry out the mission from so low, I mean... to avoid those AA systems I have to stay so close to the deck I can almost reach out and touch the ground. autopilot is out of the question and programming the CDU under those circumstances is quite hard :-) Are the F-16's supposed to take them out?

I tested it many times and F16s was able always take down those SAs. They should not be there in time when you arrive to IP.

Version 1.3 of your mission and 1111 of DCSW.

I removed the AA in the mission editor and reflew it. It really is excellent. Feels very realistic somehow.

spoiler

-

-

-

One small piece of nitpicking: When the Seals radioed that a vehicle was approaching from the SW, I found it with the TGP and followed it. I did not engage it because it wasn't confirmed hostile. Then the truck stopped and the mission was failed immediately because the Seals were killed. I had sort of expected a warning from the Seals or an order to destroy the truck... I don't think an A-10 would open fire on an unidentified truck driving along a road considering the low threat environment... with civilians around etc.

Also, the language is perhaps a little bit over the top, even for us non-native english speakers :-)

Version 1.3 of your mission and 1111 of DCSW.

I removed the AA in the mission editor and reflew it. It really is excellent. Feels very realistic somehow.

spoiler

-

-

-

One small piece of nitpicking: When the Seals radioed that a vehicle was approaching from the SW, I found it with the TGP and followed it. I did not engage it because it wasn't confirmed hostile. Then the truck stopped and the mission was failed immediately because the Seals were killed. I had sort of expected a warning from the Seals or an order to destroy the truck... I don't think an A-10 would open fire on an unidentified truck driving along a road considering the low threat environment... with civilians around etc.

Also, the language is perhaps a little bit over the top, even for us non-native english speakers :-)

I belive you have civil traffic turned on because at the end of the mission your target is not any truck but insurgents infantry. And if they reach LZ they simply kill Jaguar 1-1.

"Also, the language is perhaps a little bit over the top, even for us non-native english speakers"

Dont understand this sentence :-(

Hehe, that's wonderful. Yes, I have civilian traffic turned on. The truck actually drove to the edge of town, then reversed. I assumed it had dropped off the infantry! What a game, emergent behaviour, almost :-)

Re language, I refer to the f**k, let them burn in h**l stuff. I'm not sensitive or anything, but it seemed a little but out of character for the Seal team, that's all. They're supposed to be cool cats .-)

Hehe, that's wonderful. Yes, I have civilian traffic turned on. The truck actually drove to the edge of town, then reversed. I assumed it had dropped off the infantry! What a game, emergent behaviour, almost :-)

Re language, I refer to the f**k, let them burn in h**l stuff. I'm not sensitive or anything, but it seemed a little but out of character for the Seal team, that's all. They're supposed to be cool cats .-)

I kwon SEALs units from a movies too but I dont know if they are so calm in real battles. I also saw many videos from Iraq, Afghanistan and after each airstrike there is a wave of emotions (it was not Seal though).

But I understand you and I will take it on mind ;-)

Edited by Mauser55

Weird, I've flown it twice and the F-16's didn't manage to take them out.

I've flown it twice and never encoounterd the Sam's, so I'm assuming the F-16's did their job

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Lian Li 011 Dynamic Evo, Core i9 11900K @ 5.0GHz, Corsair H150i CPU cooler, Asus Prime Z590-A, Radeon RX6800 XT64GB, Team T-Force Delta DDR4 3600, Corsair RM1000X PSU,  Win 11 x64

Very nice, and atmosphere,, one thing, when I got to the village all was quiet, I asked the team to use the green flare, but got no response, any ideas?

Jaguar 1-1 will fire flare immediately after you tell them to do so but they are not confirming that.

But most importantly you even should not need it because after you reach IP you get message from Jaguar 1-1. If you read that message it says that Jaguar 1-1 need from you to kill some infantry which blocks theirs path and you should contact JTAC. After that JTAC assigns you that infantry. So after you kill that infatry you simply leave TGP on that spot because Jaguar 1-1 will pass through it. Because they clearly tell you in that message (when you arrived at IP) that this infantry bock their path which means that they need to go through that point ;-)

Edited by Mauser55

Just played this mission .... ITS AWESOME!! Thanks!

One minor issue I had was when Jaguar reached the extraction zone they messaged that there is some movement on the road S/W of their location. I found a truck (as mentioned before civilian) and took that out.

I didn't get that the threat was an infantry unit more or less right next to them.

Im also not sure that there is enough time to take them out...

Just played this mission .... ITS AWESOME!! Thanks!

One minor issue I had was when Jaguar reached the extraction zone they messaged that there is some movement on the road S/W of their location. I found a truck (as mentioned before civilian) and took that out.

I didn't get that the threat was an infantry unit more or less right next to them.

Im also not sure that there is enough time to take them out...

Hi sgibson,

Right now "I am out of civilization" so when i get back to the home i will update last message from Jaguar 1-1 to clear that your last target is infantry ;-)

About the time. I believe that there is a time space for minimum of one attack run on that infantry which should be enought since the infantry is maintaining very tide formation and you are equiped by HEI rounds and Jaguar 1-1 can protect itselves so you dont have to kill 100% of that inf. group.

My new mission "The Summit in Tbilisi" is comming soon (95% done). But I have a question for you guys. Is here anybody who want to help me with voice overs? Because in the mission there is a lot of radio messages which are crucial and I dont know how to do voice overs and I am not confident with my english. So i need somebody who is able to do them and who can do some testing flights of my mission before i release it (i am testing it but i need opinion from diferent angle). Maybe some language correction would be handy too. :)

Hi Mauser,

I have completed your mission and I like it very much. Some feedback (things that I would have done different as a mission builder):

• The briefing states that you should orbit around IP and wait for contact with Jaguar 1-1. So I was flying around IP and nothing happened. I was expecting that I've activated a flag there and I had to wait for Time since flag (...) to get in touch with Jaguar. Nothing happened so I decided to fly directly over the IP and finally got in touch with Jaguar. You might want to enlarge the trigger area (and maybe add the flag activate/time since flag idea). Or just change the briefing text.

• At the end of the mission the SEALs spot movement on the road. They do not say what kind of movement (infantry, IFV, ....???). When you spot something you also know what it is so you might want to add this in the message. I was looking for a vehicle and did so using wide FOV. Totally missed the infantry and failed.

But great mission! Continue the good work & I'm looking forward to your upcoming release!

'Frett'

Hi Mauser,

I have completed your mission and I like it very much. Some feedback (things that I would have done different as a mission builder):

• The briefing states that you should orbit around IP and wait for contact with Jaguar 1-1. So I was flying around IP and nothing happened. I was expecting that I've activated a flag there and I had to wait for Time since flag (...) to get in touch with Jaguar. Nothing happened so I decided to fly directly over the IP and finally got in touch with Jaguar. You might want to enlarge the trigger area (and maybe add the flag activate/time since flag idea). Or just change the briefing text.

• At the end of the mission the SEALs spot movement on the road. They do not say what kind of movement (infantry, IFV, ....???). When you spot something you also know what it is so you might want to add this in the message. I was looking for a vehicle and did so using wide FOV. Totally missed the infantry and failed.

But great mission! Continue the good work & I'm looking forward to your upcoming release!

Fixed ;-)

• 1 year later...

Very nice mission Mauser! Enjoyed it flying it with my fellow Sinue, adding a new airplane of course, to be able to fly it online.

It still works correctly in DCSW 1.2.6.20768.

Congrats! I encourage you to keep up the good work.

Roberto "Vibora" Seoane

Alas Rojas

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

sigpic97175_2_small.pngAERGES-LOGO-sin_fondo_small.png

• 9 months later...

Very nice mission indeed. I flew the mission 3 times and everything worked fine for me! (bombed 2 wrong buildings in the village though before i realized that theres another small building much nearer to the troops :P)

I would totally love looking forward for more missions from you! Great work