Linden's A-10C cockpit build

linden

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i havent build anything "exept panels" for the last 3-4 month, to busy whit "real life" and panelruns..

No panels are added to the cockpit and most of the part are in the boxes.

I actually think that I should sell the panels and parts, has begun to lose interest, have another project that I'm more eager to build its my f-16 cockpit.

Edited by linden

don't do it linden! Just take a break and bit of distance to it and you'll see you will love it again. Sitting nights and nights searching for reasons why this or that doesn't work, nice windows blue screens smiling at you..... The sweet smoke of electronic components you decided to give the wrong voltage to.....Believe me you'll miss it!

and by the way....would you tell us what is your new love????? Something better than cockpit building???

visit my build thread Gremlin's A-10 :thumbup:

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=86916

don't do it linden! Just take a break and bit of distance to it and you'll see you will love it again. Sitting nights and nights searching for reasons why this or that doesn't work, nice windows blue screens smiling at you..... The sweet smoke of electronic components you decided to give the wrong voltage to.....Believe me you'll miss it!

and by the way....would you tell us what is your new love????? Something better than cockpit building???

HAHA:megalol: i do have another love, my old f-16 cockpit that screaming my

namn at night...:)

So i do not gonna be missing this nice things!!

yes i did "from scsim", i do have the center pedistal, but i dont have the right and left console, dont know if i will use the center maby i go whit killn stencil.

Its looks like a complete kit whit tub and everything else, do you still make the kit?

I'm working on some new kits...

:thumbup: Now that's some great news there, missed out on one of the kits last time, due to the fact I was broke. Now however......... :)

Will be following this closely.

Linden, By all means take a break, you've certainly earned it. But don't forget us, the future is looking very very rosy, Think you're confused about which build to concentrate on at the mo, Just wait for a few more months / years and the choice will be out of this world. :D

Thankyou for taking the time to do this thread, I have really enjoyed following it and I do wish you all the best on your future projects.

Just don't forget us now. :joystick:

Cowboy10uk

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Fighter pilots make movies, Attack pilots make history, Helicopter pilots make heros.

:pilotfly: Corsair 570x Crystal Case, Intel 8700K O/clocked to 4.8ghz, 32GB Vengeance RGB Pro DDR4 3200 MHZ Ram, 2 x 1TB M2 drives, 2 x 4TB Hard Drives, Nvidia EVGA GTX 1080ti FTW, Maximus x Hero MB, H150i Cooler, 6 x Corsair LL120 RGB Fans And a bloody awful Pilot :doh:

Ya, linden... you have some great progress and take a break! You will regret selling your stuff, because a few months later you will change your mind and it cost a lot of money in this hobby to change your mind! lol

I have a new F-16 cockpit like before with ribs, and the A-10 which is a very similar style. Lastly I will have the F-18C in the future...

The A-10 pit has cutouts for the Simmeter instruments which will be the quickest way to get flying. I have a new cnc coming anytime so I can start testing.

I will make a new thread when the time comes...

So Linden, hang in there... would love to see a few completed cockpits!

I also would caution selling your personal parts. By all means take a step back and relax, but its sometimes hard to reacquire parts.

It's amazing how quickly passion can reduce when your spending more time on other folks parts than yours as well. Being careful how much you sign up for that helps.

I agree with Flim and Gadroc that you shouldn't sell your stuff but finish the pit some day. The A-10C is too cool not to do so. However if you still decide to sell the panels I would like to have one VHF panel, because while ordering during your last panel run I forgot about the fact that I need two of them. I can fully understand though if you decide to sell a complete set to someone who has no panels at all.

[sigpic][/sigpic]

PDP, VAX and Alpha fanatic ; HP-Compaq is the Satan! ; Let us pray daily while facing Maynard! ; Life starts at 150 km/h

Can't agree more David. Know you made a tremendues effort and put a huge amount of time into both the pit and the panelrun. It comes a time (more then once) that one just wanna get out of the mess but don't do it in a haste. Stow the stuff away for some month and leave it alone meanwhile.

Planning for the Viper to be, isn't a bad idea just don't put it on a tight schedule...

Sooner or later the Hog build will surface again and having both the Pit and panels around make the restart doable

Cheers

Gus

- - - -

• 2 weeks later...

Are you putting a canopy on? I'm moving in June and plan on doing an A-10 in the mancave. I'm looking to even do the bottom of the fuselage enough to mount the gun up front. It's going to be tall. Could you tell me the foot print dimensions of what you have there?

WIN10-64 HOME Ryzen9 3900x 4.0GHZ, 32GB DDR4, RX6800xt, 1TSSD  Reverb G2, F-14 Simpit (WIP)

Virpil Collective 60 head, TM Warthog, Saitek pedals, TM MFDs, 5 Leo Bodnar boards.

• 2 years later...
  • 3 months later...