Stuck LEFT MFD Key

kra961

On occasion I get a yellow banner across both left and right MFD's telling me "Stuck Left MFD Key" I haven't found a solution to correct it anyone have any suggestions?

Win7 x64, I7-950 HD 5800 ThrustMaster Hotas WartHog, IRTracker 5, ThrustMaster Saitek Pro Flight Rudder, MFD Couger V2

Ya Random failures are off both mfds work great, I've had this happen three times now, I've gone so far as to land and cycle everything off do a complete restart the banner is still there. The only way I've found is to shut the sim down and restart it.

My question is this a real malfunction being reported in game or a sim malfunction?

Win7 x64, I7-950 HD 5800 ThrustMaster Hotas WartHog, IRTracker 5, ThrustMaster Saitek Pro Flight Rudder, MFD Couger V2

Ya went through not only both cougar MFD's and both screen MFD buttons and everything works fine with no indication of a problem that's what I don't get there is no indication that this is a Hardware issue. I've done everything I can to find the error on which ever side its on. Given the yellow banner that pop's up on both screens mfd's it appears its a sim issue but I'm not at all sure.

Edited by kra961

Have you pressed or held an mfcd button for a long time?

A track file would be useful, but most likely this is you doing something wrong with the buttons, causing the system to believe the key is stuck.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester

Ill see if I can get it to do it again and save the track so far I haven't been able to figure out what sequence of events that causes it. Pressing and holding the buttons does nothing nor does simply pressing them once it get's into that mode. :helpsmilie: is this yellow banner a real failure or part of the simulation? it would help to know which side the problem is on.

• 4 months later...

Saw it yesterday for the first time when I brought "LOAD" to the bottom menu on the left MFCD by pressing "STAT" for a couple of seconds. So I assume it worked as expected.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Ariescon.com

Intel i7-6700K | 32GB RAM | NVIDIA GTX 1080 | 1TB m.2 SSD | TM Warthog | Logitech G-35 | TrackIR 5 | Windows 10 Ultimate 64bit | 3 monitor setup @5760x1080 | Occulus Rift

So I assume it worked as expected.

I think so too, and if memory serves you'll also get an "ACK" button on the MFD somewhere in cases like this. Just press it and the message goes away :)

The DCS Mi-8MTV2. The best aviational BBW experience you could ever dream of.

• 10 years later...

I will gladly revive this 11 year old topic. ACK button will just remove the popup temporarily but the problem of a stuck key will remain so that is not it. Instead I spammed the stuck button a ton of times. Not quiet sure how many times, but it was a lot. After a while the purple indicator around the MFD button and the popup disappeared.

Edited by MacSurfy

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/19/2023 at 7:13 AM, MacSurfy said:

I will gladly revive this 11 year old topic. ACK button will just remove the popup temporarily but the problem of a stuck key will remain so that is not it. Instead I spammed the stuck button a ton of times. Not quiet sure how many times, but it was a lot. After a while the purple indicator around the MFD button and the popup disappeared.

Ditto! For the first time ever, I just received a "Stuck Left MFD Key" message at the worst possible time. Ended the mission, and spawned back in, it's gone. Is this a modelled in failure if you accidentally hold an OSB down too long?

Update: I went back into the mission and used the mouse cursor and intentionally held different OSBs down until the 
"Stuck Left MFD Key" or "Stuck Right MFD Key" message appeared. However, when recreating the error, I was able to cure the problem simply by clicking "acknowledge". I'm not sure why it would not clear the error in the mission, but the problem is gone. I even went back and recreated it using my Cougar MFDs, and was able to clear it with "Acknowledge". Strange thing that I've never seen this before, just curious why the "Acknowledge" didn't clear it in the mission. It happened at a very inopportune time. 

Edited by MatzWarhog

AMD FX8350 @ 4.2Ghz x 8, Asus M5A99FX Pro UEFI Board, 16Gb RAM @1600Mhz, EVGA GTX660 2Gb DDR5, 120Gig Corsair SSD SATA3 Boot Drive, Dual Corsair SSD FORCE 60Gig for gaming, TM Warthog HOTAS and Cougars, Saitek Proflight Pedals, TrackIR 5 w/Pro Clip, and WAY Too much time on my hands. :pilotfly:

4 hours ago, icemaker said:

The stuck key message occurs when you click both right and left mouse buttons on an MFCD Button.
To unstuck the button you will have to click again with both mouse buttons.

Interesting! It's entirely possible that I did that at the time. I'll try and recreate that! Thanks!

• Like 1

AMD FX8350 @ 4.2Ghz x 8, Asus M5A99FX Pro UEFI Board, 16Gb RAM @1600Mhz, EVGA GTX660 2Gb DDR5, 120Gig Corsair SSD SATA3 Boot Drive, Dual Corsair SSD FORCE 60Gig for gaming, TM Warthog HOTAS and Cougars, Saitek Proflight Pedals, TrackIR 5 w/Pro Clip, and WAY Too much time on my hands. :pilotfly:

The stuck key message occurs when you click both right and left mouse buttons on an MFCD Button.

I've had it happen while using PointCTRL, which didn't allow you to press both at the same time, so there may still be some other factors, but that is good to know in case it happens again

This does appear to be the cause and solution to the issue. I just now recreated the unstickable "stuck key" error, by clicking both mouse buttons on an OSB at the same time and then trying to click any other OSB. The OSB's descriptor became highlighted in purple and would not respond to clicking "Ack" to clear the error message. Clicking the same OSB again with both mouse buttons removed the purple highlight and resolved the problem. 

• Like 3

• 5 months later...
On 2/28/2023 at 1:16 PM, MatzWarhog said:

This does appear to be the cause and solution to the issue. I just now recreated the unstickable "stuck key" error, by clicking both mouse buttons on an OSB at the same time and then trying to click any other OSB. The OSB's descriptor became highlighted in purple and would not respond to clicking "Ack" to clear the error message. Clicking the same OSB again with both mouse buttons removed the purple highlight and resolved the problem. 

THISSSS !!!  SOLVED !  Please mark it as SOLVED.  This is exactly what is causing it. 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, jaylw314 said:

LOL, I assumed he was just asking what it was, not what it actually stands for.

Reading the question again, it sounds like you are right. 🤔

In that case, option select buttons in the A-10C are the rows and lines of buttons around the 2 multifunction color displays (5 buttons on every side of each display). Keeping any of these pressed for too long will lead to the RIGHT/LEFT MFCD STUCK KEY message popping up.

That should hopefully answer the question fully. 😄

• Like 2