DCS: A-10 Pitch\Roll glitch

jskycatcher

Therefore he should know that trimming is essential for level flight

Eeemmm , my real world job is working on aircraft , its sometimes quite odd what pilots dont know !!!

Pilots cause my biggest headaches ............... :smartass:

Amen to that, having worked ramp, engineering, technical flight crew, maintenance etc... keep the aircraft out of reach of the pile-its, and everything would be much easier! :P

(Production might just go down a wee bit though.)

One more time thank you guys for great feedback.

Most of you speak about trimming out the plane which is linked to weapons loads weight. It seems logic, but imho this rollpitch is just too deep.

Now I checked controls input HUD and it seems that problem is caused by joystick. If anyone is able to verify this by flight track inspection I will appreciate that.

Flight track attached.

roll_bug_vid.trk

Now I checked controls input HUD and it seems that problem is caused by joystick. If anyone is able to verify this by flight track inspection I will appreciate that.

You're right. From what I can tell by watching the track, the first ~10 seconds are okay. Shortly before you roll left for the first time, the joystick offsets a bit to the right where it stays for the rest of the flight (except when you roll to the left), causing the roll to be just a bit too strong.

Which HOTAS do you have? This shouldn't be happening with the Warthog at all, and if it's the Cougar, you may have to calibrate it first.

Can you confirm the same offset when you start cold and/or on the runway? Is this visible in the joystick's software (Foxy/TARGET)?

However, I think you should be able to trim against this offset if you can't solve the problem itself.

Eeemmm , my real world job is working on aircraft , its sometimes quite odd what pilots dont know !!!

Hmm isn't there a fact somewhere that most failures on aircraft happen just after they have been to maintenance. :music_whistling:

bogusheadbox,

yes, failure rate is way up there just after maintenance. There's also the (in)famous bathtub curve, showing how the failure rate of just about anything is at a peak when they are new, then goes down and only starts to rise again towards the end of the useful life of the item concerned. Very much a reality in aviation.

350px-Bathtub_curve.svg.png

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bathtub_curve

Ok, same issue on ramp. Is there anything I can do about that ? Should I return Joystick to retailer ?

Yup, I could verify it again.

Returning to retailer may be your best option.

If you want more input, you should probably ask in the Input & Output sub-forum or head over to Technology » Controllers at SimHQ forums.

The only thing I can tell is that my Warthog (about two months old) doesn't show this weird offset and I would definitely return it if it did.

You could also check "Warthog World" forums to see if anyone there has the same issue. http://www.warthogworld.com

I've had mine for over a year and no issues. If you can't sort it out quickly I'd send it back sooner than later and get a new one.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i7 10700K OC 5.1GHZ / 500GB SSD & 1TB M:2 & 4TB HDD / MSI Gaming MB / GTX 1080 / 32GB RAM / Win 10 / TrackIR 4 Pro / CH Pedals / TM Warthog

• 2 weeks later...

I've had mine for over a year and no issues. If you can't sort it out quickly I'd send it back sooner than later and get a new one.

This is what I did. And here are big kudos for Amazon, they sent me replacement before I sent them back damaged one. Without any questions.

I had no time to check if new one is working properly, but as for now we can close this thread. I would like to thank you guys, especially Yurgon for your help.

• 6 months later...
  • 1 year later...

same here

I was practicing formation flight for 5 minutes and no problem fliing straight, but suddenly it rolls strongly to the right.

Did not had this problems from the moment I bought it and that's no a view weeks ago.

even when in autopilot, it suddenly rolls to the right and hear the autopilot warning and I did nothing at all .

could be that I installed the bigger hud fonts mod ,because after that it started so must changes that back and will see .

I will poste results.

same here

I was practicing formation flight for 5 minutes and no problem fliing straight, but suddenly it rolls strongly to the right.

Did not had this problems from the moment I bought it and that's no a view weeks ago.

even when in autopilot, it suddenly rolls to the right and hear the autopilot warning and I did nothing at all .

could be that I installed the bigger hud fonts mod ,because after that it started so must changes that back and will see .

I will poste results.

oke guys. found out what was the problem on me.

turns out it was me g940 padels that's suddenly shifted to the right .

I saw the horizontal bar suddenly shifted to the left a bit which made the plane also bank to right ,and when I hit me pedals a few times , it was straight again, so I think it must be cleaned

I also found out that the speed makes the plane pitch up or pitch down.

when I go 200 , ti pitch down ,when go 270 or more it pitch up ,

when going 240 or so, its almost straight and have not must to trim.

so mabe it is the airodynamics of that plane that makes it do this in real live,

and therefore in the sim to, or it is the sim it self somehow .

I also found out that the speed makes the plane pitch up or pitch down.

when I go 200 , ti pitch down ,when go 270 or more it pitch up ,

when going 240 or so, its almost straight and have not must to trim.

so mabe it is the airodynamics of that plane that makes it do this in real live,

and therefore in the sim to, or it is the sim it self somehow .

That's how airplanes work. Grab a copy of Stick and Rudder by Wolfgang Langewiesche. It explains the fundamentals very well.

dcs_sig.jpg