Tail wheel

rextar

Guys am i missing something here but is the input for the tail wheel the rudder input?

Just seems this bird wont turn on a dime at all!

Thx

Intel i5 3.2 ghz

8 GB crucial ram

gtx 660 superclocked 2gb

500watt corsair psu

win7 64bit

extreme pro

track ir5

Turtle beach x12

The tail wheel is linked to the rudder via gearing, with limited throw. To unlock the tail wheel and let it swivel, push the stick forward. Try at low speed, and be ready to use differential braking to control the turn.

Oh, and do post the track of your first attempt! :D

• Like 1

Oh, and do post the track of your first attempt! :D

:lol: Everyone should be forced to post their tracks of their first taxi, takeoff and landing in this pony!:megalol:

[sigpic]http://www.virtualthunderbirds.com/Signatures/sig_LD.jpg[/sigpic]

Virtual Thunderbirds, LLC | Sponsored by Thrustmaster

Corsair 750D Case | Corsair RM850i PSU | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS X CODE | 32GB Corsair DDR4 3200 |

Intel i7-8086K | Corsair Hydro H100i v2 Cooler | EVGA GTX 1080 Ti FTW | Oculus Rift |

X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty | Samsung SSD 970 EVO 1TB NVMe | Samsung SSD 850 EVO 1TB | WD Caviar Black 2 x 1TB |

TM HOTAS Warthog | TM Pendular Rudder | TM MFD Cougar Pack | 40" LG 1080p LED | Win10 |

my understanding was that the only influence you have over the tail wheel was to control its freedom of movement, ie +6 to -6 degrees with the stick held back or fully free with the stick held forward. I think the turning force actually comes from the air flow hitting the rudder, or by using differential braking. try stopping, hold one brake on and the stick forward and rudder hard toward the braked side then give a big ole' blip of throttle to send some wind against the rudder, it will turn on a dime, probably about 3 times.

If i'm well wrong on this apologies, i've only had the game a few hrs and had a quick read of manual, This is just how i understood it and is how many tail draggers i've tried in FSX work.

edit: actually just re-read the manual and it sounds like i'm wrong, gonna have to test it.

Edited by pixelpilot
innacurate

• ED Team

Tailwheel swivelling physics is totally reworked, so the matter of discussions totally changed! :)

Ніщо так сильно не ранить мозок, як уламки скла від розбитих рожевих окулярів

There is nothing so hurtful for the brain as splinters of broken rose-coloured spectacles.

Ничто так сильно не ранит мозг, как осколки стекла от разбитых розовых очков (С) Me

:lol: Everyone should be forced to post their tracks of their first taxi, takeoff and landing in this pony!:megalol:

Still haven't managed the landing part. :D

Always remember. I don't have a clue what I'm doing

Tailwheel swivelling physics is totally reworked, so the matter of discussions totally changed! :)

Cool, when can we start...:music_whistling:

The only way to make sense out of change is to plunge into it, move with it, and join the dance.

"Me, the 13th Duke of Wybourne, here on the ED forums at 3 'o' clock in the morning, with my reputation. Are they mad.."

https://ko-fi.com/joey45

surely the tailwheel glitch is only with it unlocked and wont effect anything but tight taxi control. my problems generally dont start untill the tail wheel leaves the ground. I can do three point take offs pretty easy but if i try to let the tail come up before i lift off i struggle. really not getting too consistant at landings yet at all.

well, these tail wheel changes, should be very interesting (Laugh In)........

:joystick:

ASUS Strix Z790-H, i9-13900, WartHog HOTAS and MFG Crosswind

G.Skill 64 GB Ram, 2TB SSD

EVGA Nvidia RTX 2080-TI

55" Sony OLED TV, Oculus VR

• ED Team
Cool, when can we start...:music_whistling:

While the next beta is released. :)

There is nothing so hurtful for the brain as splinters of broken rose-coloured spectacles.

Ничто так сильно не ранит мозг, как осколки стекла от разбитых розовых очков (С) Me

• ED Team
surely the tailwheel glitch is only with it unlocked and wont effect anything but tight taxi control. my problems generally dont start untill the tail wheel leaves the ground. I can do three point take offs pretty easy but if i try to let the tail come up before i lift off i struggle. really not getting too consistant at landings yet at all.

This is not a tailwheel unlocked. This is P-factor and gyroscopic moment. Try to lift the tail when your speed is not less than 70-80 mph for 9300 lb plane. Then carefully push the stick a little bit beyond the central position (3-4 degrees to nose down I think). Be ready to apply right rudder as you are rotating but release it after the plane is at two points attitude. That's all...

If you still encounter problems feel free to use TO assistant. It's not a cheat - it's your back sensitive to acceleration. It helps to counteract unwanted fast yawing movements. As you are training, gradually reduce TO assistant help using slider until you can TO without assistance.

Edited by Yo-Yo

I still suck at taxiing in the P-51, I always end up spinning in circles. I just taxi across grass and everything now, much easier :D

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

First to Fight, First to Strike.

While the next beta is released. :)

I see fast trick questions don't work on forums..... :doh:

The only way to make sense out of change is to plunge into it, move with it, and join the dance.

"Me, the 13th Duke of Wybourne, here on the ED forums at 3 'o' clock in the morning, with my reputation. Are they mad.."

https://ko-fi.com/joey45

I still suck at taxiing in the P-51, I always end up spinning in circles. I just taxi across grass and everything now, much easier :D

Wait for the next patch. ;)

Good, fast, cheap. Choose any two.

Come let's eat grandpa!

Use punctuation, save lives!

• ED Team

Do you hold the stick aft? If the tailwheel is steerable and locked there are no problems to taxi.