Choose DCS BS 2 1.2.0 or DCS BS 2 Upgrade 1.2.0 ?

Majesco

I'm wondering which version of DCS Black Shark 2.0 i should have bought to play in DCS World :doh:

There're 2 versions on E-shop:

- DCS Black Shark 2.0 Upgrade 1.2.0

- DCS Black Shark 2.0 v1.2.0

The DCS BS 2.0 v1.2.0 is a full game costs 40 USD while the upgrade version from DCS BS is only a half: 20 USD, which is better ?

The "DCS: Black Shark 2" upgrade requires "DCS: Black Shark"!

It means DCS BS 2 need the original DCS Black Shark 1.0 installed first or which else ?

I don't undestand "requires: DCS Black Shark" is original BS 1.0 or the previous BS 2.0 v1.1.1.1

If i have the original DCS BS 1.0 (free download only/ no purchase, no key), should i get the upgrade version of BS 2.0 v1.2.0 ?

If you own BS1 buy the upgrade to BS2 - if you don't buy the full version of BS2. Simple.

Nate

given all the trouble upgrade owners are having migrating from BS2 to World, i would advise buying the stand alone version anyway. $20 is a pittance to save 20 hours of frustration.

if i download the full version,in the installer is it possible to enter both BS1-BS2 upgrade keys?

i dont want to do 2 installs:(

i want to download the full 1.2 module and install

Edited by StoOopiD

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Crosshair VIII hero wifi, 3800x w/ Enermax 360 AIO cooler (push-pull), 32gigs DDR4 Ripjaws 3600, Win 10 home on a Plextor PCI-E x4 3gb/s HD, EVGA 2070 Super FTW3 ultra+, Soundblaster Z

Rift S, M$FFB2, CH Pro throttle, Saitek pedals

BS2, A10C, P51D, SPITFIRE, FC3, Uh-1H, F86, Mi-8MTV2, SA342, MIG21-bis, AV8BNA, F14, F16, FA-18C, SUPERCARRIER

if i download the full version,in the installer is it possible to enter both BS1-BS2 upgrade keys?

i dont want to do 2 installs:(

If you own/bought the upgrade then you have no choice but to install, and activate, BS1 first. That is not going to change since that is part of the price you pay for getting BS2 at half of the normal price.

EDIT: Those that bought the full version, instead of the upgrade, paid $20 to not have to install BS1.

Edited by cichlidfan

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

thanks 4 the fast reply.

is this right?

install BS1, then install BS2 1.2 upgrade?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Crosshair VIII hero wifi, 3800x w/ Enermax 360 AIO cooler (push-pull), 32gigs DDR4 Ripjaws 3600, Win 10 home on a Plextor PCI-E x4 3gb/s HD, EVGA 2070 Super FTW3 ultra+, Soundblaster Z

BS2, A10C, P51D, SPITFIRE, FC3, Uh-1H, F86, Mi-8MTV2, SA342, MIG21-bis, AV8BNA, F14, F16, FA-18C, SUPERCARRIER

Those that bought the full version, instead of the upgrade, paid $20 to not have to install BS1.

i thought the term "upgrade" means i get some sort of credit for owning BS1

so now i pay for not buying the game twice.

the installer should ask you what version u have, full or upgrade. if u choose upgrade. then you have to enter 2 keys

Edited by StoOopiD

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i thought the term "upgrade" means i get some sort of credit for owning BS1....

You did - You saved $20 on the purchase price of BS2.

so now i pay for not buying the game twice.

No, all you need to do is abide by the conditions of purchase that you were aware of at time of purchase of the upgrade, namely that your BS1 needs to be installed prior to installing BS2.

Why would/should conditions of purchase suddenly change now?

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

the installer should ask you what version u have, full or upgrade. if u choose upgrade. then you have to enter 2 keys

exactly, that's how it should work!

AH-64D | AV-8B | A-10C II | A-4E | F-4E | F-5E | F-14B | F-15E | F-16C | F/A-18C | M-2000C | UH-1H | Mig-21bis | L-39 | F-86F | P-47D | P-51D | BF 109 | Spitfire | BS3 | FC3 | SC | CA

Intel® Core™ i7-13700K | NVIDIA RTX 4090 | 64 GB DDR5 RAM | Aorus Elite Z790 | 50“ UHD LG Monitor | Windows 11 Pro

VPC Rotor TCS Plus Base | VPC Apache-64 Collective Grip | VPC Hawk-60 Collective Grip | VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Base | TM F-16/A-10 Stick  | TM F/A-18 Stick

TM HOTAS Warthog (DSE Slew Upgrade) | TM Hotas Cougar (FSSB) | TM Pendular Rudder | HP Reverb G2 | TrackIR 5

Why would/should conditions of purchase suddenly change now?

Cause u guys are cool dudes. why do u have to make life so dam difficult.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

It is rather annoying to have to do this. Especially considering that paying $40 for BS2 is all some will have done to get this headache removed compared to others who spent $40 on BS1 and then another $20 on the upgrade, and we're the ones who suffer.

I know it's a minor issue and I guess it's something that shouldn't matter too much but it just seems like a messy step to have to take, especially considering the amount of installing/clean installs/upgrading that may have to be done as and when each new patch/module comes out.

I paid more for both products and I'm the one who has to be penalised. Doesn't seem fair to me.

IF I go to uninstall BS1 by simply deleting the installation folder, do I have the required registry keys for the upgrade to think BS1 is installed?

Of is there a specific folder, group of files that the upgrade also scans for?

I can't be arsed to try this for myself as it'll be the 3rd time reinstalling today..so does anyone have an idea?

Edited by Bodo

Corsair 550D / Be Quiet 650W Pro 10 / ASUS P8Z77-V Pro / Intel i5 3570K / 16GB Kingston HyperX 1600 MHz / EVGA GTX 970 SC ACX2 4GB / 128GB Samsung 830 / RME HDSPe Multiface 2 / 1TB Samsung F3 / Prolimatech Megalames Rev. B / Windows 10 / BenQ XL2420T / Saitek X52 Pro / Kone Pure+ / Filco Majestouch 2 Ninja

i unistall bs1 and bs2 works great without on DCS-WORLD if this is your question

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]W10(64bit)Asus Rog Strix Z370-F - i7 8700K - Dark Rock Pro 4 - 16 giga ram Corsair vengeance 3000 - MSI RTX 2070 Super - Asus Rog Phobeus soundcard - Z906 Surround speaker - Track ir5 - HOTAS Warthog

I paid more for both products and I'm the one who has to be penalised. Doesn't seem fair to me.

Actually, you paid $20 less than myself, and others. I/we paid full price for BS1 and full price for BS2.

This does not count the fact that I actually bought the upgrade first and then decided to get the full version.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

i unistall bs1 and bs2 works great without on DCS-WORLD if this is your question

The issue is whether you can now reinstall BS2 without having to reinstall BS1 first, not whether BS2 will continue to function.

Perhaps ED could allow you to merge a BS1 license with a BS2 upgrade license into a "BS2 full license". As a result, the BS1 key and BS2 upgrade key would become inactive (no longer possible to activate these keys) and you would be given a new BS2 "full" key.

This would give you access to what you paid for, access to BS2, but without the hassle.

Perhaps ED could allow you to merge a BS1 license with a BS2 upgrade license into a "BS2 full license". As a result, the BS1 key and BS2 upgrade key would become inactive (no longer possible to activate these keys) and you would be given a new BS2 "full" key.

This would give you access to what you paid for, access to BS2, but without the hassle.

It sounds fantastic in theory. But, If they allowed this, then they should charge you $20 for a full BS2 key. The wording in the upgrade is perfectly clear when you purchased it. The "DCS: Black Shark 2" upgrade requires "DCS: Black Shark"! Its as plain as day. If you do not want to be bothered with the required step of having BS1 installed, then purchase BS2 full.

Personally, I just leave BS1 installed on my drive so there is no hassle.

DCS: A10C Warthog JTAC coordinate entry training mission http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/99424/

DCS: Blackshark 2 interactive training missions http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=84612

The "DCS: Black Shark 2" upgrade requires "DCS: Black Shark"!
Of course the upgrade license requires a BS1 license. The point is whether customers should go through a tedious process in order to use the upgrade license.

Requiring BS1 to be installed (and activated) is due to functional reasons, in order to verify that you in fact have a valid license for BS1.

In the scheme I mentioned before this would no longer be necessary since you'd have a BS2 full license (and relinquished your BS1 license, preventing it from being used again).

As a customer, you would have the choice to convert to a full BS2 license (and relinquish your rights to use BS1), or to keep things as they are and retain your right to use both BS1 and BS2.

The principle of replacing product license keys with keys of a newer software version, after purchasing an upgrade or as part of a subscription, is not uncommon in the software industry.

The point is whether customers should go through a tedious process in order to use the upgrade license.

If someone doesn't want to go through the 'tedious process' then they shouldn't have bought the upgrade.

Besides, we are talking about a few mouse clicks and possibly a bit of typing if you change the install path (I assume you cut and paste your key from a master list ;)).

If someone doesn't want to go through the 'tedious process' then they shouldn't have bought the upgrade.

Thanks, now let me hop in my time machine and go back to nov 2011 so that I can tell myself that. Way to be a dick about it.

I'm about to go through a reinstall to put everything up to 1.2 DCS-World and I happen to own BS2 upgrade.

Right now I have BS2 installed (having had to install 1 and then upgrade it again after a rebuild of my machine). That's fine.

And now to get to DCS World so that I don't have 4 carbon copies of Georgia, I to... what? Who knows?

I'm assuming I need to install DCS World AND BS1, Then install the DCS World BS2 upgrade . DO you not see how tedious and unnecessary this is? Just because you bought it 3 times doesn't mean anyone else should have to.

The BS2 upgrade installer should simply ask for your BS1 key and then let you move on with your life. The current situation is just silly and not befitting a software company of EDs standing; simple as that.

• Like 1

Well, I'm having problems and I'm an upgrade owner. I reinstalled BS1 and copied my SN from the purchases page in my profile and it said invalid. I installed the BS module in DCSW and tried both my BS1 SN and my BS2 upgrade SN. Both resulted in the sim closing. It seems I'll have to pay $49.99(paid for BS1) and $12.99 (upgrade when on sale) and now a further $39.99 for the BS2 all-in-one just to get the SN. I did buy mine in 2008 though, perhaps my SN's are just too old?

I love you guys, but over $100 and all I want to do is fly the KA-50 in DCSW? Please tell me I'm an idiot and overlooked something really simple.

P.S. Next helicopter a Hind please. (I'd pay $200 for that) :)

Mebey you need to search for the thread about the issue you are having. They have a website setup where you can fix this issue. The details are in the thread I eluded to in my first sentence.

*EDIT*

Go here:

http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/myserials.php

Follow these steps:

http://simhq.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/3607441.html#Post3607441

Hopefully that will fix your problem.

Edited by Revelation

Win 10 Pro 64Bit | 49" UWHD AOC 5120x1440p | AMD 5900x | 64Gb DDR4 | RX 6900XT