F16 in Lock On still planned?

It has been some time since I last read anything about the F16 addition to Lock On. There has been some articles about the upcoming Black Shark extension but nothing about the F16.

I have been getting back into F4 with "Allied Force" and a flyable F16 would make Lock On hard to pass.

Anyone have anything to post?

Thanks.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There was a recent interview where ED was talking about this, yes the F16 is still in the works but it's about three projects away (the Ka-50 in v1.2 being the first project).

-SK

Ok! It seems like you just might know, so what is the second project ??

Blaze

intel Cor i7-6700K

ASUS ROG MAX VIII Extreme

G.Skill TridentZ Series 32 GB

Samsung 850 Pro 1TB SATA II

ASUS GTX 1080/DIRECTX 12

Windows 10 PRO

Thrustmaster Warthog

Oculus Rift VR

It's already modelled on the F-15 ... unless you mean, you'd like to see a cutscene of the thing spinning up and firing just before you hit your opponent! ;)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

Ok! It seems like you just might know, so what is the second project ??

Funnily enough, that one's the most mysterious... From vague hints being dropped in the Russian forums, I think it will probably involve adding AFM and clickable cockpit to an existing SFM aircraft, rather than adding an all-new one.

-SK

Funnily enough, that one's the most mysterious... From vague hints being dropped in the Russian forums, I think it will probably involve adding AFM and clickable cockpit to an existing SFM aircraft, rather than adding an all-new one.

-SK

Hogzilla!! An all AFM A-10 !! :biggrin:

:D

-SK

I hope your words will come golden. If they do this than this will be the most all important thing they did from day 1. Go ED go!!!

Olgerd hinted that the project after 1.2 'might' be a high-def A-10.

Would correspond well with the "Tank Killers" idea that was talked about in a interview some months ago. According to the plans back then ( wich have most likely changed by now ) Tank Killers would include a AFM A-10, AH-64 and extremly high detail envoirment with moving grass and choppable trees. It seems chances for the A-10 are indeed good, but last time I heard they were still searching for more references on the AH-64.

I do remember a post from several months back refering to a change in the way trees would be modeled.......

Cutting trees down while fireing at moveing targets would add a lot more realisim to this sim.....

And I really don't remember this ever being done before in any sim.....

Blaze

intel Cor i7-6700K

ASUS ROG MAX VIII Extreme

G.Skill TridentZ Series 32 GB

Samsung 850 Pro 1TB SATA II

ASUS GTX 1080/DIRECTX 12

Windows 10 PRO

Thrustmaster Warthog

Oculus Rift VR

So where did you get this idea from about the 2 seaters? I guess you've overlooked the AH64 for Tank Killers:D (what about the 2 seater mod in 1.02)

From what I've read so far:

v1.2 Black Shark Ka50(end of lockon)

Tank Killers(A-10, Su25/T, Ka50, AH64){its likely the Ka50 would probably get ported straight into TK since it would likely be the same level of detail.

Destroyer (F-16, Mig29SMT, F/A-18[possibly]) Whole world modelling also.

[sIGPIC]2011subsRADM.jpg

[/sIGPIC]

So, that would make JF18 bad sim?

No, JF/A-18 is a good sim, its actually still being improved by TSH but at the time of development Janes would have used what information was available to them. Janes hold the most information on military hardware.

Alphastr.jpg

[sIGPIC]2011subsRADM.jpg

[/sIGPIC]