DCS Login Multiplayer Crash SOLUTION!

Michaelc136

It is not as easy as just swapping a few files. I suspect this requires a swap of all the binaries, which means that a fix would have to come in the form of a proper patch, which means that a release candidate would have to be formed, and with development having progressed so far that would mean a lot of effort to roll everything back, test it with just the improvements wanted, build an installer, test that again and then release it.

ED is aware that this issue is pressing, but unfortunately at this stage, the only sensible way is forward, that means, towards a proper update patch that includes the other development progress having been made thus far. Please be patient, hopefully it won't be too much longer now.

Edited by sobek

Good, fast, cheap. Choose any two.

Come let's eat grandpa!

Use punctuation, save lives!

ED does not program simulations to make a small community of online-nerds happy. They try to make money with the software, pay the rent for the flat and some foot, send the kids to a college and so on.

Its better and easier to sell the programm to thousands of normal user which use only singleplayer, detect that the sim is too complicated and throw it away. This folks payed also 40 bucks and they never hear from them ...

The onlinegamers love the product, understand it and want to use it in all details ... but its only a hand full compared to the thousands just taking a brief look.

So a patch will not bring money, only stop some rumors and bad posts in the forums. A new add-on, a new sim .. thats what brings the money.

I accept this, trying everyday MP until it crasehes and fly some singleuser missions.

There is also a way to fly multiplayer over a "lan emulator over internet" ... we will try this next days. Maybe this is a solutuion for virtual wings.

Cheers

Tom

I had to read this two times.

Your explanation of economical reasons are not relevant.

I will not accept multi-player not working. The software states single and multi in the spec. That's it. It shall just work, all quick-fix,"snake-oil" is a dead end.

However, I can wait for the patch. Looking forward to it. I think we will have a great sim ahead.

Best regards

Few problems here -

1st

CHANGE THIS THREADS SUBJECT!

There is no solution to this problem at the moment.

2nd

As midju said, we bought a whole simulator that includes Single and Multiplayer capabilities...

Fly online with built-in server browser that supports up to 32 players in both head-to-head and cooperative gameplay. Fly online with other DCS aircraft like the Black Shark and the A-10C Warthog.

This problem should be fixed as a hot fix no matter for the size of the solution and not be added to an unknown date of a patch release, doesn't matter if it's a whole new download of the sim! This issue should be fixed as soon as possible as it has been published to be working when we bought the simulator.

3rd

This is having a big impact on many of the guys in our community and around the world with communities we are in contact with, I can say for certain that more than 10 people have already left this title just because of this problem, I'm pretty sure that fan enthusiasts have already lost big interest because of this issue and many will continue to different titles other than DCS because of EDs lack of tolerance to the paying customers and fans.

Hope you guys at ED will take this under consideration, right now the problem is on for more than 2 hours and therefore many of us cannot fly online. (not even with a private server or by direct IP to each other)

Edited by xcom

• ED Team

There's a workaround, actually:

Set server list mode to LAN, start servers in LAN mode, use Connect by IP.

Sorry for the problem and no patch for so long.

ED team is extremely small, given the complexity of the product, so, please, take this into account. It doesn't excuse the bug, but still....

Give us a few days...

Dmitry S. Baikov @ Eagle Dynamics

LockOn FC2 Soundtrack Remastered out NOW everywhere - https://band.link/LockOnFC2.

Hi c0ff,

The workaround you suggested does not work.

After managing to enter by logging in on LAN, the connect by IP just gives a connection interupted.

Please test it for connections on the web and not in LAN IPs.

Thanks.

• ED Team

I have also tried this method c0ff and had no luck, also once a server has dropped off the list trying to rejoin via I.P no longer works.

looking forward to the patch :)

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Few problems here -

1st

CHANGE THIS THREADS SUBJECT!

There is no solution to this problem at the moment

+1

This problem should be fixed as a hot fix no matter for the size of the solution and not be added to an unknown date of a patch release,

+10 gagillion bagillion

I think most users agree, if you put out a hotfix, we understand that it has not been fully through a testing cycle....

Regardless of a working solution in place or not, coff thank you for your communication and attempts to fix the issue.

I think most users agree, if you put out a hotfix, we understand that it has not been fully through a testing cycle....

I agree, it's important that the fix is tested thoroughly.

I also think the reference being put out for the community is good and I'm certain it is greatly appriciated.

Thanks c0ff.

I'm running Windows 7 64bit and at least 2 times a week I can't login to multiplayer. As soon as I connect to master I get an application crash. Try again an hour or two later and all seems fixed. It's happening right now. Running as admin doesn't solve it for me unfortunately.

It's happening to me too.

This situation is very frequent. It's on their side.

We just have to wait until they either reboot the user validation server maybe, or fix the issue.

Rig:

- Intel Core i7-2600K CPU 3.40 GHz Sandy Bridge. - Thermaltake FRIO CPU cooling system. - 16 Gb. DDR3 Corsair Vengeance RAM memory. - NVIDIA GForce. 4 Gb DDR5 Video Card. - Creative Sound Blaster Audigy 5RX 7.1 Dolby Surround Audio Card and Creative 7.1 speakers system. - 1 Tb Solid State primary HD and 500 Gb backup HD. - Antec Dark Fleet DF-85 Case. - Cooler Master 850W power supply. - Xfinity 200 Mbps Internet. - Warthog HOTAS.

Was doing it again last night...for all of us that were trying to set up a MP Coop...so its because the server list is too long?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

AMP WIZARD "Forest Gumble" "When the air becomes electric....It's like a box of chocolates":captain:

Windows 11 Pro 64 bit | Intel Alder Lake i7 12700KF | Asus Prime Z690M Plus D4 | CORSAIR Vengeance LPX 64GB (2 x 32GB) DDR4 3200 | EVGA GTX 1070 SC @1594MHz/4000 MHz 8GB | 1x42" Multi Touch Screen and 1x27" 4k widescreen | Saitek x52 Pro |