Degraded framerate with 1.2.1

Kenan

Just wanted to add that I am also having frame rate issues even with the 6148 update. From what I have read it looks like it has narrowed down to mostly multi-monitor setups still having the issue. I took a 50% FPS lost going from 40-50FPS to 15-20FPS with everything on HIGH and then some. I have been playing with the setting over the last 2 days and have narrowed it down to the tree and bushes for the most part. I can fly with almost everything on high except for those sliders turned all the way down and average between 25-30FPS. Though this is no where close to where it was before, I have at least stop the bleeding. My specs are below and as you can see im asking a lot of my system but at the same time I have put a lot into it. Hope this helps in some way.

On a side note, DCS I have been a dedicated follower from day 1. My entire system has been build entirely for flying your simulators. You have brought combat simulation to a level I could never imagine. Please keep up the great work and know that even though there are set backs I whole heartily appreciate what you have created.

Thank You

P.S. Wags, Thank you for keeping us as update as you can. I am sure you are earning your paycheck this week :smilewink:

<----My Rig

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

| Windows 7 64bit | i7 3960x oc'd 4.8 GHz | Asus Rampage IV Formula | 4 x 8 GB Corsair Vengance DDR3 | ASUS 7970-DC2-3GD5 | Asus Xonar DX | Corsair H100 | OCZ Vertex 2 x 120 GB SSD RAID-0 | 3 x ASUS 27" monitors Eyefinity | 2 x ASUS 24" monitors w/touchscreen overlays | ViewSonic 22" TouchScreen Monitor | TM HOTAS Warthog | Saitek Combat Pedals | TrackIR 5 | Logitech G19 | Logitech G9x Mouse | Astro A40 headset | ButtKicker Gamer 2 | SoftTH x64 | Loz's Helios Profile |

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One more report on 1.2.1.6148 version performance.

It appears that on my windowed 2-screen configuration the Nvidia anisotropic filtering setting has huge impact. For years I used to have AF=16 for Lock-On and DCS with no FPS penalty. Now it reduces FPS by a factor of two or so and causes irregularity to smooth motions so that accurate flying is not possible. If set to "Application controlled" or "off" the sim works.

Forcing AF to off makes the terrain look quite bad. "Application controlled" reduces FPS only by 1-3 and terrain looks quite ok. Perhaps it is set to AF=2 or AF=4 by the sim?

Flying over the coastal towns produces a kind of time jitter on the graphics, perhaps that is what you call microstutter? FPS remains steady but the movement of the terrain viewed to the side when flying makes ~1Hz tiny jumps on otherwise smooth motion, as if to catch up some lag.

Total graphics memory consumption (reported by GPU-Z) is ~900MB on start of first SU-25T quick mission (medium textures, high scenes). GPU utilization is steady 99-100% all the time. Pre-rendered frames=1, triple buffering=off, vsync=off, windows aero on.

Hope this helps.

Intel Core i7 9700K@4.6GHz|ASUS Strix Z390-H|G.Skill DDR4 32GB@3200MHz|MSI GeForce RTX 2080 Ti|2xSSD 500GB Samsung 970 EVO M.2 RAID0|SSD Samsung 850 EVO|Corsair HX 750W|Fractal Design Define R6 Blackout|UWQHD 34"|Valve Index|Logitech G9|MS Natural Ergonomic Keyboard 4000|VPC WarBRD Base+MongoosT-50CM2 Grip|VPC MongoosT-50 Throttle|VKB T-Rudder|Beyerdynamic DT770|Boom mic|Windows 10 Home

One more report on 1.2.1.6148 version performance.

It appears that on my windowed 2-screen configuration the Nvidia anisotropic filtering setting has huge impact. For years I used to have AF=16 for Lock-On and DCS with no FPS penalty. Now it reduces FPS by a factor of two or so and causes irregularity to smooth motions so that accurate flying is not possible. If set to "Application controlled" or "off" the sim works.

Forcing AF to off makes the terrain look quite bad. "Application controlled" reduces FPS only by 1-3 and terrain looks quite ok. Perhaps it is set to AF=2 or AF=4 by the sim?

Flying over the coastal towns produces a kind of time jitter on the graphics, perhaps that is what you call microstutter? FPS remains steady but the movement of the terrain viewed to the side when flying makes ~1Hz tiny jumps on otherwise smooth motion, as if to catch up some lag.

Total graphics memory consumption (reported by GPU-Z) is ~900MB on start of first SU-25T quick mission (medium textures, high scenes). GPU utilization is steady 99-100% all the time. Pre-rendered frames=1, triple buffering=off, vsync=off, windows aero on.

Hope this helps.

Agreed, forcing any AF in the nvidia CP completely breaks the sim. I had an acceptable (average) framerate, but constant stuttering which made it unplayable.

Win10 x64 | SSDs | i5 2500K @ 4.4 GHz | 16 GB RAM | GTX 970 | TM Warthog HOTAS | Saitek pedals | TIR5

Weird things happening here, FPS is great using 1920x1080 on my main screen. However, if I try to incorporate the two mfcd's on my second screen with HELIOS (3840x1080), FPS goes to like 5-8 fps max, dont know why. For now just going to use one screen.

EDIT: Just launched, new update, will update regarding two screen performance shortly. I really do like the autoupdate feature, nice!

UPDATE: Same issue with trying to use two screens (one for main display + second for mfcds only), 5-8 fps, unplayable? Also getting a 15 fps drop when right MFCD is turned on.

Edited by Ranger79

Looks like I'm not alone in experiencing this problem. Just for the record I still have BS2 1.1.1.1 installed and fly it once in awhile. I do not have a very high end video card setup as this is an older MB and can only support my ATI5770's but in 1.1.1.1 I get 30-35 FPS just about anywhere but when I run the exact same mission in DCS World I get 10-12 FPS. I did run the autoupdater so the installation is current and I uninstalled 1.2.0 before installing 1.2.1. It seems like with every update my frame rate drops in half so I haven't even been able to run DCS World at all. Hopefully this will get resolved soon.

Nvidia GTX-1080

Intel i7-4820K 3.7 Ghz

ASUS ROG Rampage IV Extreme MB

32 GB Memory

Windows 7 Pro 64 Bit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

There must be some kind of confllict between AF in drivers and ingame.

After switching AF to app controled my FPS jumped about 30 percent up maybe update helped a lot too.

good work ED

[sigpic][/sigpic]

MB MSI x570 Prestige Creation, RYzen 9 3900X, 32 Gb Ram 3333MHz, cooler Dark rock PRO 4, eVGA 1080Ti, 32 inch BenQ 32011pt, saitek X52Pro, HP Reverb, win 10 64bit

Speaking for myself, I always set my Nvidia control panel AA and AF settings to Application Controlled and set my game options MSAA to 4x (TSAA off) and I have no stutters, even with clutter maxed out.

Again though, improving performance is the number one priority of the team right now.

Sorry Wags, but to have to completely give up AF on High End Hardware to achieve visual quality at tolerable frame rates (without stutters) can not be the solution. My Opinion...

Speaking for myself, I always set my Nvidia control panel AA and AF settings to Application Controlled and set my game options MSAA to 4x (TSAA off) and I have no stutters, even with clutter maxed out.

Again though, improving performance is the number one priority of the team right now.

Already done that, and have MSAA/TSAA off....

Still no joy.

• ED Team

Version 6192

Massive improvement for me, really great work ED

even better than any other version I have run.

I am so happy lol :)

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

FPS should be restored to 1.2.0 levels or better for high settings, and improved 20% over 1.2.0, for low settings in 1.2.1.6192.

Stutter, other than disk access stutter, is significantly improved over 1.2.0 too.

Nate

Edited by Nate--IRL--

• ED Team

good to know Nate,

But I am getting even better frames than 1.2.0, I am so happy I even smiled at the wife lol

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

woohoo! 6192 doubled the framerate for me. Small stutters and flickering clouds detected, but for now: thx ED! :thumbup:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Ariescon.com

Intel i7-6700K | 32GB RAM | NVIDIA GTX 1080 | 1TB m.2 SSD | TM Warthog | Logitech G-35 | TrackIR 5 | Windows 10 Ultimate 64bit | 3 monitor setup @5760x1080 | Occulus Rift

This looks good :)

Was able to apply Kuky's high.lua file. Was able to run at 60 FPS stable.

Just for fun I upped the district distance to 40000, FPS @ roughly 50-55 then over Tiblisi. And my GPU's are taxed @ 80-90%, so I guess it's was my CPU that was struggling abit :)

Anyway, great work :)

WOW!

Framerate is out of this world now. 45-60fps! I dont know what was in the last update, but it works. Best frames I have seen in any version of DCS.

I am a happy camper now, and can now concentrate on complaining about ED to release FC3, the supposedly new Huey, the DCS Jet, and anything else lol :lol:

i5 3570k @ 4.3

560ti GTX 2gig

8gig RAM

Intel SSD

Win7 64bit

WOW!

Framerate is out of this world now. 45-60fps! I dont know what was in the last update, but it works. Best frames I have seen in any version of DCS.

I am a happy camper now, and can now concentrate on complaining about ED to release FC3, the supposedly new Huey, the DCS Jet, and anything else lol :lol:

It seems that water physics was the reason for the previos slow framerate. Now it´s the same water as was in 1.2.0

Patch 6192...:)...frames back to a playable state in battle.Still get a flicker in the cursor though,alt tabing still gives me black textures.

MODUALS OWNED       AH-64D APACHE, Ka-50, UH-1H, Mi-8MTV2, Mi-24,Gazelle, FC3, A-10C, A-10CII, Mirage 2000C, F-14 TOMCAT, F/A-18C HORNET, F-16C VIPER, AV-8B/NA, F-15 E, F-4 Phantom, MiG-21Bis, L-39, F-5E, AJS 37 Viggen, MiG-19, F-86, MiG-15Bis, Spitfire IX, Bf-109K, Fw-190D, P-51D, CA, SYRIA, AFGHANISTAN,NEVADA, NORMANDY, PERSIAN GULF, MARIANA ISLANDS,SUPER CARRIER, WORLD WAR II ASSETS PACK, HAWK T1

SYSTEM SPECS            AMD  7600X 4.7 Ghz CPU , MSI RX 6750 12 gig GPU ,32 gig ram on Win11 64bit.

Same here. Best framereate ever in any version of DCS.

Almost duplicate from previous patch.

Windows 7 Professional x64, EVGA GTX 1060 6GB,

Intel Xeon W5650(i7) @ 4.1ghz, Asus P6TWS motherboard, 24gb DDR3, 500GB SSD.

Hybrid joystick(Base: Saitek X55 - Grip:CH Fighterstick), Saitek X55 throttle, Saitek ruder pedals.