what controllers for the A10

Btw, I happen to be selling an X-52 Pro. Are you in the US?

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=95250

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

I see that the TM is dual and the x52 single, but is the quadrant redundant or useful for the dual engine A10 with an x52

It's fun being able to start each engine on it's own without using the keyboard. :) It's also nice to be able to adjust individual engine power if you've lost/damaged one engine. Other than startup/shutdown I usually move them together though.

The Warthog is worth every cent.

You know, for me, unpacking that thing was already worth the money I paid for it. What an awesome packaging! I remember giggling like a girl when I opened up that package. It just oozed "okay, you better sit down and hang on tight now, because here comes QUALITY in the shape of cold, hard steel."

That thing is so awesome in every conveivable way, it´s just unreal.

- Two miles of road lead nowhere, two miles of runway lead everywhere -

Click here for system specs

You know, for me, unpacking that thing was already worth the money I paid for it. What an awesome packaging! I remember giggling like a girl when I opened up that package. It just oozed "okay, you better sit down and hang on tight now, because here comes QUALITY in the shape of cold, hard steel."

That thing is so awesome in every conveivable way, it´s just unreal.

:thumbup:

Check out my YouTube: xxJohnxx

Intel i7 6800k watercooled | ASUS Rampage V Edition 10 | 32 GB RAM | Asus GTX1080 watercooled

recommend CH products fighterstick, pro throttle and pro pedals. each 100 bucks, 60% cheaper than TMWH, not liable to EM interference (analog pots), and deadly accurate as can be. That is my setup, that is my game.

AWAITING ED NEW DAMAGE MODEL IMPLEMENTATION FOR WW2 BIRDS

Fat T is above, thin T is below. Long T is faster, Short T is slower. Open triangle is AWACS, closed triangle is your own sensors. Double dash is friendly, Single dash is enemy. Circle is friendly. Strobe is jammer. Strobe to dash is under 35 km. HDD is 7 times range key. Radar to 160 km, IRST to 10 km. Stay low, but never slow.

Okay I've been away awhile, so gotta ask, is the logitech g940 that busted that it doesn't even get a mention?

~ Rave

Had this HOTAS a while because of the force feedback and would have kept it, if I hadn't seen the Warthog. So in my opinion the G940 is a good HOTAS.

Windows 10 64bit, Intel i9-9900@5Ghz, 32 Gig RAM, MSI RTX 3080 TI, 2 TB SSD, 43" 2160p@1440p monitor.

Had this HOTAS a while because of the force feedback and would have kept it, if I hadn't seen the Warthog. So in my opinion the G940 is a good HOTAS.

Dismissed the g940 early, only 11/21 on the logitech site would recomend it, and it's not being offered in their store; it is $4-600 on ebay, but the logitech UK site has it for $420/free ship.

X52 Pro with one modifier (BTN_06 for me) is enough to do the job.

Lightning and stuff on keyboard or via buttons.. you will have no need for anything else.. sure I'd like a HOG-Hotas.. but then I have to move more stuff away, to pick up my rudder pedals, so I'm really satisfied with the X52 Pro, and TIR 5, rest just crowds my living room! :pilotfly:

CPU i7-6700K 4,3Ghz, RAM Corsair Vengeance LPX 2666M 2x16GB, GPU Gigabyte Gaming G1 GTX 1080, Monitor Benq 24" 1920x1080 @ 144Hz, MB ASUS Z170-A, OS Win 10 Pro (Creators ED), HOTAS X52 Pro, VR Oculus Rift Cv1

I had an x52 for a while and it was a good stick. It has lots of buttons and features that you can assign for a variety of tasks and there a several profiles with button assignments out there on the forums. The main difference in the x52 vs the pro is the look at feel of the stick. The button placements are the same. The pro has a different screen setup on the throttle. Other than than that, its not really any different. As for the question regarding if the throttle is necessary, I would say that its possible to fly with the keyboard, but extremely difficult. I would Highly suggest a throttle.

DCS: A10C Warthog JTAC coordinate entry training mission http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/99424/

DCS: Blackshark 2 interactive training missions http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=84612

Either the X-52 or the TM Warthog are both excellent choices - I've owned and used both, and you can't really go wrong with either of them. That said, the Warthog is specifically designed for the A-10, and is far superior in terms of quality/durability/reliability. It also doesn't require you to spend many hours setting up a profile (which is kind of a pain with Saitek products). Unfortunately, it also costs 3-4 times as much.

My recommendation would depend on how much other gear you have. If you don't have TrackIR or rudder pedals, I'd suggest getting the X-52 and using the money you save for those. If you already have everything else and the HOTAS is all you need, I'd suggest saving up for the Warthog. Either way, you won't be disappointed.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My rig: i7 3770K oc'd to 4.7 GHz | Asus Maximus 5 Extreme mobo | 4 x 8 GB Crucial Ballistix Elite DDR3 | 2 x EVGA GTX 680 in SLI | Asus Xonar Phoebus audio card | OCZ Vertex 4 512 GB SSD

My peripherals: Dell U3011 30" at 2560x1600 | TM HOTAS Warthog | Saitek Combat Pedals | TrackIR 5 | Logitech G13 | Sennheiser HD 558 | Razer Black Widow | Razer Imperator

creeping into too much $ for the warthog

the saitek x52 pro and pedals acceptable alt ?

What you decide to use will be the acceptable alt for you... Most of the people stated the Thrustmaster Warthog is the way to go...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Primary Computer

ASUS Z390-P, i7-9700K CPU @ 5.0Ghz, 32GB Patriot Viper Steel DDR4 @ 3200Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce 1070 Ti AMP Extreme, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe drives (1Tb & 500 Gb), Windows 10 Professional, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Warthog Stick, Thrustmaster Cougar Throttle, Cougar MFDs x3, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals and TrackIR 5.

-={TAC}=-DCS Server

Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3, i7-3770K CPU @ 3.90GHz, 32GB G.SKILL Ripjaws DDR3 @ 1600Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce® GTX 970.

I have used an X52pro from Flaming Cliffs to Black Shark to A10c. I also have the pro peddles. I went to the Warthog and will never look back. My X52 has served me well but its not with out its problems. The programing for profiles has issues. I would get blue screens from it and have it lock up my DSC. Checkout the fourms. The Warthog does not need programing. One more thing not running in the back ground causing problems. I love A10c. Its taken me 2 months to learn but worth it.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

=&arrFilter_pf[gameversion]=&arrFilter_pf[filelang]=&arrFilter_pf[aircraft]=&arrFilter_CREATED_USER_NAME=chardly38&set_filter=Filter&set_filter=Y"]MY SKINS And Helios

i7 2600k 3.4 quad w/ Hyper N520 cpu fan_, Asus Sabertooth z77_, RX 580_, Corsair Vengeance 1800 8Gb ram_, 112 OCZ Vertex 3_, Corsair HX 1000, 3 screens res 5292x1050_,and 1 1680x1050 Helios Ir Tracker 5 with Pro Clip_,Hotas Warthog#12167 ...

You can get around using the programing by making one of the buttons a modifier but you will spend hours remapping A10c key commands.

Missed Pigmachine post.

Edited by chardly38

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

=&arrFilter_pf[gameversion]=&arrFilter_pf[filelang]=&arrFilter_pf[aircraft]=&arrFilter_CREATED_USER_NAME=chardly38&set_filter=Filter&set_filter=Y"]MY SKINS And Helios

i7 2600k 3.4 quad w/ Hyper N520 cpu fan_, Asus Sabertooth z77_, RX 580_, Corsair Vengeance 1800 8Gb ram_, 112 OCZ Vertex 3_, Corsair HX 1000, 3 screens res 5292x1050_,and 1 1680x1050 Helios Ir Tracker 5 with Pro Clip_,Hotas Warthog#12167 ...

recommend CH products fighterstick, pro throttle and pro pedals. each 100 bucks, 60% cheaper than TMWH, not liable to EM interference (analog pots), and deadly accurate as can be. That is my setup, that is my game.

Those pedals seem awfully narrow. I am very much a "Stick between the legs" kind of guy so to me it seems as though those pedals would make it hard on someone trying to play that way.

Warning: Nothing I say is automatically correct, even if I think it is.

X52 pro much better then the old x52, just a little diference. If you must get a X65 even if you do spend that extra money less you will have better controllers for another sim etc. and if you don't like this sim there is something wrong with you :P

My system specification

i7 13700KF/ Z690 Aorus Elite/ 32GB/ Galax 4080/ ViewSonic Elite XG320Q 32/ Next level racing - Sim cockpit - Boeing editing / 3x MFD's, Trackir 5/ TPR/ Orion2 F/A-18 Throttle/VPC WarBRD Base/ Hornet grip/F-16 grip/ HP Reverb G2

Hours programming - remapping???? it's not that hard.. using the X52 is easy.. even mapping keys on DCS easy.

My system specification

i7 13700KF/ Z690 Aorus Elite/ 32GB/ Galax 4080/ ViewSonic Elite XG320Q 32/ Next level racing - Sim cockpit - Boeing editing / 3x MFD's, Trackir 5/ TPR/ Orion2 F/A-18 Throttle/VPC WarBRD Base/ Hornet grip/F-16 grip/ HP Reverb G2

• 3 months later...

That thing is so awesome in every conceivable way, it´s just unreal.

I just ordered one today (Amazon for 422.00 if anyone is interested) and This is just what I wanted to hear. I want this thing to WOW! me from the start. It already did with it's price :P

If you can swing it ($$$) The TM Warthog and Saitek Combat Pro Pedals are the way to go. You will not be dissapointed... Plug and Play for the A10C

Cooler Master HAF XB EVO , ASUS P8Z77-V, i7-3770K @ 4.6GHz, Noctua AC, 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro, EVGA 1080TI 11GB, 2 Samsung 840 Pro 540GB SSDs Raid 0, 1TB HDD, EVGA SuperNOVA 1300W PS, G930 Wireless SS Headset, TrackIR5/Wireless Proclip, TM Warthog, Saitek Pro Combat Pedals, 75" Samsung 4K QLED, HP Reverb G2, Win 10

creeping into too much $ for the warthog

the saitek x52 pro and pedals acceptable alt ?

Jumping into this party late but just another +1 from me. I flew fine with the x52 (not pro) and Saitek's standard pedals for about a year of having DCS: A-10C. I recently upgraded to the TM Warthog and I don't regret it, but I had my x52 for 7 years (4 years of use) and it was time for a replacement. If you get the TM Warthog you still have to find a rudder solution; your choices are either keyboard, the throttle slider, or more money for a set of pedals.

My recommendation is the Saitek set for your first combination unless you have money to spare.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

CPU - Intel 8088 @ 4.77 MHz; Memory - 128KB; 360KB double-sided

5 1/4" full-height floppy disk drive; 10MB Seagate ST-412 hard drive

JG-1 MiG-21bis Checklist

I just ordered one today (Amazon for 422.00 if anyone is interested) and This is just what I wanted to hear. I want this thing to WOW! me from the start. It already did with it's price :P

You will not be disappointed.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

CPU - Intel 8088 @ 4.77 MHz; Memory - 128KB; 360KB double-sided

5 1/4" full-height floppy disk drive; 10MB Seagate ST-412 hard drive

JG-1 MiG-21bis Checklist

Jumping into this party late but just another +1 from me. I flew fine with the x52 (not pro) and Saitek's standard pedals for about a year of having DCS: A-10C. I recently upgraded to the TM Warthog and I don't regret it, but I had my x52 for 7 years (4 years of use) and it was time for a replacement. If you get the TM Warthog you still have to find a rudder solution; your choices are either keyboard, the throttle slider, or more money for a set of pedals.

My recommendation is the Saitek set for your first combination unless you have money to spare.

I'm probably a terrible pilot as I've never seen the need for using the rudder much :pilotfly::doh:the slider will work fine for me, for now.

If you can swing it ($$$) The TM Warthog and Saitek Combat Pro Pedals are the way to go. You will not be dissapointed... Plug and Play for the A10C

Well I got my warthog HOTAS (its everything every as said about it, that being that it is in class by itself and is one monster and extermly well put togeather)

But as it turns out I do use that rudder more than I thought so I'm looking into some pedals.

Can you tell me the defferance between Saitek Combat Pro Pedals and their cheaper model (forget the name) that is around $100.00? Is it the build quality or do the Saitek Combat Pro Pedals have more functions?

thanks

But as it turns out I do use that rudder more than I thought so I'm looking into some pedals.

Can you tell me the defferance between Saitek Combat Pro Pedals and their cheaper model (forget the name) that is around $100.00? Is it the build quality or do the Saitek Combat Pro Pedals have more functions?

thanks

They just look different, everything else (including the inside mechanism) is the same between those two models. I personally prefer the not-combat ones, as I also fly a lot of civ sims.