Reworked Cockpit Views with proper Neck

Hi Peter, I meant in general I cannot get it to work, I followed the instructions and nothing changes. I posted a while back about it so I won't bore you again, I might give it one last attempt this weekend and then pester you if I have no luck again.

[sIGPIC]sigpic67951_1.gif[/sIGPIC]

Hi Peter, I meant in general I cannot get it to work, I followed the instructions and nothing changes.

You must have done something wrong.

I posted a while back about it so I won't bore you again, I might give it one last attempt this weekend and then pester you if I have no luck again.

Where? - please give me a link.

Somewhere way back in this thread. I may well have to be fair. I'll have a good sit down on Sunday when I'm off work and try again.

Had same issue but its only human error....

Its dead simple and probably thats why you fail.. happend to me as well

So

Get the zip file.. unzip and copy the server.lua file...

Go to ....\saved games\dcs\config

Create view folder insert server.lua

Fly away....

Did you guys find out why in 1.2.6 server.lua from user files is disregarded altogether? Even a perfect copy of 1.2.6 server.lua with only values of angles is not working.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least

I have deleted the view folder in the program dir, and put the view folder from a few backups ago in my saved games dir, checked the server.lua for correct values (5 and 100 for me) and still no luck.

Where is this setting controlled from now??? This is so very much pissing me off.

Everything is fine - No change.

The views of the Mi-8 will use the developers default, because they aren't included in my server.lua.

Oops Dear Peter,

I would like to excuse me for the delay of my answer, I'm very very sorry...

Once again a great thanks for your help, best regards.

Skull.

I have deleted the view folder in the program dir, and put the view folder from a few backups ago in my saved games dir, checked the server.lua for correct values (5 and 100 for me) and still no luck.

Where is this setting controlled from now??? This is so very much pissing me off.

Why??? - who told you this?!

Rider ,

I made some tests with 1.2.6 and I can asure you that it's working like before.

I can limit my FOV without any problems in each module by changing this single line:

local GlobalCameraViewAngleLimits = {20,160} -- {min horiz. FOV in °, max horiz. FOV in °} <- aka Zoom
You must give us a little more detailed explanation about the 'what' and 'when' to expect some help. - posting a sample of your used code and attaching a track men this bug occurs may be a good idea.

See:

If you want to post a info/bug/issue:

Sentence like "works buggy and too big- and/or cant move back" is just a waste of your and my time.- as I need to know the used module/cockpit and so on...Don't expect that I'm able to read your mind or knowing exactly what you are talking about without naming it exactly!

A picture is often more worth than thousand words.

Edited by PeterP

It seems this mod my not be compatible with 1.2.6 Huey. When i use this mod i can't use the pilot gun sight and neither does the radar alt work.

Can anyone else confirm this? Thanks

Cant, be at all. This mod doesn't change at all any cockpit devises (you install it in your saved-games view folder)- you must use a other mod that is pre-1.2.6 and changes the device_init.lua or cockpit textures/model.

Clean up your JSGM mods folder of any old stuff that is altering the Huey and do what is suggested here:Some notes on v.1.2.6

Edited by PeterP

Ok tested again. I'm afraid it is your mod that is causing the radar alt & gunsight to stop working.

No other mods installed..everything works. Add your mod and the gunsight cannot be lowered and the radar alt does not work and only shows 000.

Have you tested it in the Huey in 1.2.6?

Thanks

Please load up the exact files you are adding and tell me where exactly you put them in - I will have a look.

Just found this thread. Looks like a great mod that I'll have to try:thumbup:

Thanks

Asus Sabertooth P67 Motherboard 2600k CPU, 16 gig DDR3, 1600. Samsung 830, 256 gig hard drive,

GTX780 Video Card, Warthog Hotas, Razer Mamba mouse. Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals. Trackir 5, Verizon FIOS 25Meg Up/Down

PeterP I can confirm this is still working Tommy are you using PaterP's Kneeboard mod for the Huey as it is this mod that has the device int and if you put this mod back in for 1.2.6 it renders the pilots sight non functional as well as the radar.

Eagles may soar high but weasel's don't get sucked into jet engines.

System Spec.

Monitors: Samsung 570DX & Rift CV1

Mobo: MSI Godlike gaming X-99A

CPU: Intel i7 5930K @ 3.50Ghz

RAM: 32gb

GPU: EVGA Nvidia GTX 980Ti VR Ready

Cooling: Predator 360

Power Supply: OCZ ZX Series 80 Plus Gold

Drives: Samsung SSD's 1tb, 500g plus others with OS Win10 64 bit

Peter P, thanks for the reply!

It is good to know that it is working for someone. Let me revert everything back to stock view folders and make the edit again. Will let you know how it goes.

Please make sure that you follow my instruction this time and place them in your saved-games folder and don't edit the stock files!

Please also read this TXT from the developers

that is newly added since 1.2.6 :

...\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World\Config\View\readme.txt

DO NOT EDIT stock game files.

You local changes should go to C:\Users\<YOUR PROFILE>\Saved Games\DCS\Config\View\

Please, copy the file(s) to this folder (create if neccessary) and keep your changes there.

EDIT:

BTW: This is my 5000th post! Lets celebrate it for a moment !!

:holiday: :drunk: :cheer3nc: :wub: :cheer3nc: :laugh: :animals_bunny: :clown_2: :yay: :clap: :clap: :prop: :detective: :smoke: :chef: :pilotfly: :prop:

attachment.php?attachmentid=87866&stc=1&d=1379186763

You need a Proof?! Look over here

>>> http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=1873509#post1873509

(..and No, I didn't paid Lib for his response...)

member.php?u=59989

611473691_award_certificate_w_stampfor500thpost.thumb.jpg.053b0963727a65cabfa92ab437518d28.jpg

Edited by PeterP

OK, Peter. No Joy. I used the server.lua from the Proper Neck 126-1 rar, put it in my saved games view dir and changed just this:

--/////////////////////////////////////// Global Pilot View parameters - Start - PeterP ////////////////////////////////

local GlobalEyePoint = {0.16, 0.1, 0.0} -- {front/back , up/down , left/right} <- 'neck dimension' in meters

local GlobalCameraViewAngleLimits = {5,100} -- {min horiz. FOV in °, max horiz. FOV in °} <- aka Zoom

local GlobalCameraAngleLimits = {190,-75,115} -- {Max head turning to back, max down , max up} <- in °

local GlobalShoulderSize = 0.15 -- move body when azimuth value more then 90 degrees

local GlobalShoulderSize_for_not_full_3D_Cockpit = 0 -- 0 = OFF - set to > GlobalShoulderSize = 0.15 or 0.2 < to turn it ON in the non fully 3D cockpits of FC3. Keep in mind that the 2D seat texture will look strange.

--/////////////////////////////////////// Global Pilot View parameters - End - PeterP //////////////////////////////////

And it still does not change my zoom in and out FOV. :( I am using the instant action easy mission and using the num pad key buttons to test.

I have been making this lua change in every version since early standalone A10.. What am I missing??

. :( I am using the instant action easy mission

Which one exactly? (name/module/plane) - better = load it up.

I want try to recreate your situation. - also tell me at which res you run DCS. - did you checked the 'user snap-view saving' option? other Mods installed ? did you do a full repair after you deleted your view folder in the DCS installation ?

..than more info than better . ..less info = more guesswork for me. ..and less interest to investigate.

- as I already said: It works with no problem on DCS 1.2.6 for me.

Edited by PeterP

Sorry A10C Easy East Georgia Spring.

I have the stock 126 server lua in the main game dir, unedited.

And your edited file in my saved games view dir.

Saving snap views is checked. I have not done a repair or reinstal of this latest 126 DL. No other mods installed that would affect view.

Hello Peter,

When I've read you post #371 I've too laught, congratulation for these 5000 messages...

9743468676_d9aec87b6f_o.jpg

Best regards, Skull.

Thanks!

@Rider1

Just to show you that I care:

I edited the server.lua GlobalCameraViewAngleLimits to 5,100 just like you and I used the included

All planes-modules-test 1.2.6.miz and jumped right into the Su-25T and used the NumPad/ and NumPad* to the limits and took two screens while DCS is at the limits and in a windowed Res. 1024x768 - and it just works. - and I made again test in any other module/plane without a change in the result.

Please reproduce this procedure and provide similar screens - so I have something to work with.

EDIT :

And I added a screen for MadTommy that shows the XM60m pilot sight is lowered and working wile the Radar-altimeter is also functional while this mod is installed, at my end.

1255815108_maxzoom5.thumb.jpg.1dbc43e3855a719b2688fb5252a7280b.jpg

1511089529_minzoom5.thumb.jpg.67b5c6acaefd21c8f787a106e286841e.jpg

1230649892_Radaraltandsight.thumb.jpg.dc2b3044a422b33448e0967278911a86.jpg

Edited by PeterP

Proper neck mod for DCSW v1.2.4

Hello Peter P,

Have you got the version of your neck mod for DCS ver1.2.4? -=Shrek=- sqn has rolled back to v1.2.4 for squadron flying because of server stability issues with 1.2.5/6.

I have certainly noticed a distinct improvement in head movement tracking .... it is definitely much more natural. Thanks Peter P for your outstanding Mod S! :-))

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]