Reworked Cockpit Views with proper Neck

Is this in a mission you downloaded, or on a server?

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

ok, so I spent alot of time today reading through all this (Thanks PeterP for the Mod!) I am not clear on 1 thing, is the 1st page actually updated so the 1st post is the actual instructions that are current for the 127 version? I read variances along the way, but I got confused as to whether to follow the thread thru again or is it safe to install per post#1 for Ver 127? Thanks

Just nudging, thanks

Windows 10 Pro - 64 Bit / ASUS ROG Strix B650E-F Gaming / AMD 7800X3D / G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO 64GB DDR5 6000 Ram / SSD M.2 SK hynix Platinum P41 2TB / MSI Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 SUPRIM Liquid X 24G / SteelSeries Arctis 7 Headset /LG-Ultragear 38" IPS LED Ultrawide HD Monitor (3840 x 1600) / Track IR4 / Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals / Virpil HOTAS VPC Constellation ALPHA-R & VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle

I think "Hu??" means that "Don't worry UBoats, it will work with v1.2.8 as expected." :D

Intel i7-14700@5.6GHz | MSI RTX4080 Super SuprimX | Corsair V. 32GB@6400MHz. | Samsung 1TB 990 PRO SSD (Win10Homex64)
Samsung G5 32" + Samsung 18" + 2x8"TFT Displays | Saitek X-55 Rhino & Rudder | TM MFD Cougars | Logitech G13, G230, G510, PZ55 & Farming Sim Panel | TIR5
>>MY MODS<< | Discord: Devrim#1068

Just make sure you change your TrackIR Z axis from FOV zoom to camera forward/backward and you won't have any problems with the transition.

got it

but if you tried it in su33 6dof preview in 1.2.7, you will find that the eye may not be in a proper position that when u look back, ur sight always through the seat

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My DCS Mods, Skins, Utilities and Scripts

| Windows 10 | i7-4790K | GTX 980Ti Hybrid | 32GB RAM | 3TB SSD |

| TM Warthog Stick | CH Pro Throttle + Pro Pedal | TIR5 Pro | TM MFD Cougar | Gun Camera: PrtScn |

ok, so I spent alot of time today reading through all this (Thanks PeterP for the Mod!) I am not clear on 1 thing, is the 1st page actually updated so the 1st post is the actual instructions that are current for the 127 version? I read variances along the way, but I got confused as to whether to follow the thread thru again or is it safe to install per post#1 for Ver 127? Thanks

Im just looking for a confirmation on the installation procedure please,,,Thanks,

Windows 10 Pro - 64 Bit / ASUS ROG Strix B650E-F Gaming / AMD 7800X3D / G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO 64GB DDR5 6000 Ram / SSD M.2 SK hynix Platinum P41 2TB / MSI Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 SUPRIM Liquid X 24G / SteelSeries Arctis 7 Headset /LG-Ultragear 38" IPS LED Ultrawide HD Monitor (3840 x 1600) / Track IR4 / Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals / Virpil HOTAS VPC Constellation ALPHA-R & VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle

did you install from post 1 instructions ONLY,, or by the variations listed through out this thread? Thanks

Im just looking for a confirmation on the installation procedure please,,,Thanks,

Procedure is actually simpler now since you don't have to really do any editing. Just copy server.lua and the included snapviews.lua to their folders in Saved Games\DCS and you're good to go.

I think I might be doing something wrong

r78U8ll.jpg

If the problem isn't the TrackIR Z axis (set to camera forward/back instead of zoom), and doesn't unzoom after pressing ENTER on the numeric keypad (to center zoom), then make sure you have PeterP's snapviews.lua included (feel free to back up your own first).

BTW, even if you don't have a Cougar, I have Snap Views for this mod included in my Cougar profile (see my signature).

Thanks!

Hi Peter,

I have installed your latest "Proper Neck for DCS 1.2.6 - 1.2" into OpenBeta 1.2.8.

All seems allright for the P-51D and the UH-1H. I have manually included the new TF-51D, which also works now. The Huey has a problem though.

When you sit in the co-pilot seat, the view is not correct. I have included some screenshots of the situation. Maybe you are already working on the 1.2.8 version but I just wanted to let you know :thumbup:

Thank you for a great mod.

Razorback

Screen_140405_202523.thumb.jpg.808950c45ddbce9ca5397d2b14ee06ec.jpg

Screen_140405_202543.thumb.jpg.be22cc3d5ae1d643eb9771748484761a.jpg

Screen_140405_202536.thumb.jpg.02d0325982ad5d6e1ed9341335e6d933.jpg

Edited by Razorback[NL]

Asus ROG Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi)  | AMD Ryzen 9 5900X @ 4,5Ghz | 128Gb DDR4 3200Mhz | beQuiet! Dark Power 12 1200W | 2 x 2Tb M.2 Samsung SSD | 2 x 4 Tb M.2 Samsung SSD |  Aorus RTX3090 Xtreme 24Gb | Windows 10 Pro x64 | HOTAS Cougar (heavily modified) | MFG Crosswind pedals | CH Throttle Quadrant | TrackIR5 | Oculus Quest 2 | VoiceAttack

Aviate Navigate Communicate

;2035999']Hi Peter,

I have installed your latest "Proper Neck for DCS 1.2.6 - 1.2" into OpenBeta 1.2.8.

All seems allright for the P-51D and the UH-1H. I have manually included the new TF-51D, which also works now. The Huey has a problem though.

When you sit in the co-pilot seat, the view is not correct. I have included some screenshots of the situation. Maybe you are already working on the 1.2.8 version but I just wanted to let you know :thumbup:

Razorback

Isn't anybody else facing this co-pilot view behaviour? I know it doesn't have anything to do with the SnapView.lua. Even when I use PeterP's snapviews, the situation is still the same. I have dug into the Server.lua, but I can't seem to figure out what is going on.

Asus ROG Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi)  | AMD Ryzen 9 5900X @ 4,5Ghz | 128Gb DDR4 3200Mhz | beQuiet! Dark Power 12 1200W | 2 x 2Tb M.2 Samsung SSD | 2 x 4 Tb M.2 Samsung SSD |  Aorus RTX3090 Xtreme 24Gb | Windows 10 Pro x64 | HOTAS Cougar (heavily modified) | MFG Crosswind pedals | CH Throttle Quadrant | TrackIR5 | Oculus Quest 2 | VoiceAttack

I am not using this mod yet.

I have a question to its developer.

I still need to reduce TIR axis to 64% travel (yaw, pitch, roll i don't use) in DCS axis settings to get 1:1 translation from TIR drivers and stop in-game head of having faster turn angle than what is given on TIR profile, and lock head from turning past 180.

Does 'proper neck mod' fixes this, and mentioned work-around is not necessary for proper TIR+DCS+neckmod operation?

It is something I always wished to see fixed in game but devs never responded to my bug report.

We are step away from full VR goggles for DCS and all these head issues have to be fixed pronto.

Edited by Shaman

51PVO Founding member (DEC2007-)

100KIAP Founding member (DEC2018-)

:: Shaman aka [100☭] Shamansky

tail# 44 or 444

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] 100KIAP Regiment Early Warning & Control officer

Has anybody tried the mod with the new SU-33 and SU-25T cockpits? When looking backwards there's no 'head over the shoulder effect' and the haed goes inside the pilot's headrests in both cases. In the SU-27 it works fine. I believe it happens because it was simply made to allow free head movement inside the previous 'locked up' 2D cockpits. Does anybody know how to fix this?

This mod is an absolute must-have, just can't live without it anymore :)

Pentium II 233Mhz | 16MB RAM | 14.4kb Modem | 1.44MB Floppy Disk Drive | Windows 3.1 with TM Warthog & TrackIR 5

;2035999']Hi Peter,

Razorback

I had the same issue, but didn't found any solution.

@PL_Harpoon

The only temporary solution which I have is to exclude the UH-1H section from the server.lua file. That way you have the standard view from DCS while still having the Proper Neck view for the rest of the aircraft.

Btw: I also noticed the Mi-8 is having the same issues in the copilot view as the Huey.

PeterP, you are absolutely my hero!

Years of annoyances are gone!

Followed instructions to the letter,

I have tweaked my TIR profile, and saturation of TIR YAW (from 100 to 44) and PITCH (to 66) axes within DCS configuration to make sure in-game view is 1:1 what TIR test window shows me.

The feeling of being there in the cockpit has absolutely been increased 10 times!

Now I am ready to incorporate VR googles like Rift, before it was absolutely impossible with broken eyepoint and unrealistic HUD (when turning head etc).

You have nailed it man and reignited my will to fly even more DCS! I have just logged many hours with this mod, I can't fly without it!

tail# 44 or 444

PeterP, you are absolutely my hero!

Years of annoyances are gone!

Followed instructions to the letter,

I have tweaked my TIR profile, and saturation of TIR YAW (from 100 to 44) and PITCH (to 66) axes within DCS configuration to make sure in-game view is 1:1 what TIR test window shows me.

The feeling of being there in the cockpit has absolutely been increased 10 times!

Now I am ready to incorporate VR googles like Rift, before it was absolutely impossible with broken eyepoint and unrealistic HUD (when turning head etc).

You have nailed it man and reignited my will to fly even more DCS! I have just logged many hours with this mod, I can't fly without it!

Hey shaman, can you attach your TIR profile, for us to check out?

Current Flight Rig

i7 4960X @ 4.6Ghz

ASUS Rampage IV Formula

G.SKILL TridentX 2400Mhz 32GB DDR3

Crucial 1TB MX300 SSD

MSI Gaming X 1080Ti

Samsung 55" JS8000 SUHD 4K

Windows 10 x64

TrackIR 5, Warthog HOTAS

Saitek Pro Flight Combat Pedals

Custom Akers-Barnes, MkI eyeball.

Hey shaman, can you attach your TIR profile, for us to check out?

Hi _Dredd,

note you must change your TRACKIR_YAW saturation Y axis configuration from 100 to 44, and TRACKIR_PITCH to 64 for my profile (and most profiles, due to some DCSW incompatibility with TIR drivers axis when counting degrees).

Hope you can dig it :)

Once you do it and you load my profile, what TIR test screen shows you from pilot's point of view you shall see inside DCS cockpit, and you can compare TIR test window side by side with game running in window mode.

Bellow attached TIR profile for above 1:1 setting and neck-mod. It incorporates little dead zone along 0-Z translation axis (fwd/back) plus curvature before reaching value of 1, this after many trials, to make sure it absolutely recognizes you are strapped to your seat and to eliminate any "play" along this axis when your back is rested :)

Flight tested with Su-27S and A-10C for many hours.

PS. TIR global settings: Speed 1, Smooth 40.

DCS-neckmod.rar

Edited by Shaman
  • Like 1

tail# 44 or 444

Thanks buddy, I changed all axis to 50, pitch to 64.. working great! I feel like I have a working neck now, and you have to work your head(view). Feels more strapped in :)

Rep inbound.

Edited by _Dredd

Current Flight Rig

i7 4960X @ 4.6Ghz

ASUS Rampage IV Formula

G.SKILL TridentX 2400Mhz 32GB DDR3

Crucial 1TB MX300 SSD

MSI Gaming X 1080Ti

Samsung 55" JS8000 SUHD 4K

Windows 10 x64

TrackIR 5, Warthog HOTAS

Saitek Pro Flight Combat Pedals

Custom Akers-Barnes, MkI eyeball.

Thanks buddy, I changed all axis to 50, pitch to 64.. working great! I feel like I have a working neck now, Rep inbound.

Happy this helps, I have edited post above, but since you're already set:thumbup:

tail# 44 or 444