FC3 Bug thread

36 - AIM-120C tracks target beyond gimbal limits *No Bug - As Intended*

37 - Ballistic AIM-120C locks target beyond FOV/Gimbal limits *No Bug - As Intended*

Can someone please elaborate(in short therms) how in the word is this possible and not bug? I admit i had suspicions that all missiles bugs will be dismissed pretty soon because they probably request little bit more work than graphical glitches , but this was a way faster that i expect, even for my pessimism...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Virtual Aerial Operations

I admit i had suspicions that all missiles bugs will be dismissed pretty soon because they probably request little bit more work than graphical glitches...

Honestly please do not insult my intelligence.

I/We are all trying our very best to ensure that ALL bugs are identified and dealt with to the best of our ability and for you to dismiss these attempts because they amount to 'a little bit more work' is honestly not called for.

As for the why, I am sure that it has already been explained earlier, although I do not know why I even contemplate entertaining your request for clarity after your comments. I wonder sometimes.....

Edit: See posts 81, 91 and 92. If you have further information regarding the behaviour or do not agree with the sentiments expressed then please by all means provide it in a constructive fashion so we can get to the bottom of the matter and ensure all bugs are given equal consideration.

Edited by 159th_Viper

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

I did elaborate:

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=1601350&postcount=92

Can I clarify further for you?

Can someone please elaborate(in short therms) how in the word is this possible and not bug? I admit i had suspicions that all missiles bugs will be dismissed pretty soon because they probably request little bit more work than graphical glitches , but this was a way faster that i expect, even for my pessimism...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

Don't have the track but I have tacview will that be ok?

One more thing look at the fuel gauge of Su-27 does show different reading on both the scales as opposed to same reading in FC3.

fuelguage.jpg

Interesting - you have documentation for this? I'd suspect powered down avionics myself.

Nate

I made a thread for it, but just to document it here: Pressing F7 to access the AWACS comm menu does not work (flying F-15C). I can hear AWACS reports but can't talk to them.

EDIT: Turned out to be that for some odd reason, F7 was being used by TrackIR precision mode (which I don't even use.)

Edited by hokie17

Fuel tape has two modes, ie measured and calculated. Measured Mode only calculates and displays quantity in three internal tanks whilst Calculated mode takes into account fuel quantity of external tanks as well.

Mode that is modelled In-SIM is measured mode and is accordingly functioning as it should. Implementation of Calculated mode would be one for the Wish-List forum and not a bug report.

I respectfully disagree (on the first paragraph). Its not two modes but a hybrid method of Fuel QTY remaining. Only The internal fuel is measured fuel remaining by capacitance units. I cannot find any reference to indicate that the pilot can select a specific mode.

External fuel quantity is added to the internal measured amount after refuelling by a manual setting by the ground crew. After engine start measured fuel flow decrements the displayed Fuel remaining until such time as only internal fuel is all thats left. From this point on fuel remaining is a sensed value. Here its described in the MIG29G manual. This after these aircraft were modified to carry external tanks:

29fuel3.jpg

The thing is the code existed and worked just fine in FC 1.12. It was changed in FC2. So the coding effort has already been expended. Thats what to me is kind of frustrating :)

Edited by IvanK

I respectfully disagree (on the first paragraph)....

Will revisit and revert.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Ivan you are saying the same thing with different terminology, what Viper is saying is that the Ground Crew amount addition is not modelled, deliberately.

It is a design choice rather than a bug, not one I agree with. I have asked for it to be changed, time will tell if it will be.

Nate

For the F-15C :

- no afterburner LED on the right pannel when afterburner set,

- no ECM LED when switched on,

- no radio-altimeter on the HUD at low level,

- wheels not rolling on own aircraft,

- no induced drag when flaps down,

- strange attitude at touchdown when strong crosswind.

For the F-15C :

Check your RWR. I think the removed the light, though I'm not 100% sure.

Anyway, I was going to post this as a separate thread for DCS World bugs, but it applies to FC3 and it will probably get more attention here:

I know you're supposed to post a track when reporting an issue, but I won't have access to it until next week.

After getting FC3, I went online to try things out, everything went fine. I got an interesting kill and decided to look at the track. Things get strange from there.

From 1:46 - 2:45 in this video:

The track diverts from what actually happened. This has happened before I know, but what's odd is that after 2:45 everything is correct.

Based on how tracks work, I find it extremely unlikely that this would occur. Here is why:

In the video, my first missile is fired HOJ. The second is maddog.

On the server, I was not jammed, but had a clear TWS lock. This is why I fly level for a few seconds after shooting, I'm waiting for the missile to go active. After I dive, you can see me move the TD around the radar screen. This is because I'm locking up the second target. I did not fire without a lock.

I think what might have happened was that the track recorded everything properly, except the cockpit displays.

Awaiting: DCS F-15C

Win 10 i5-9600KF 4.6 GHz 64 GB RAM RTX2080Ti 11GB -- Win 7 64 i5-6600K 3.6 GHz 32 GB RAM GTX970 4GB -- A-10C, F-5E, Su-27, F-15C, F-14B, F-16C missions in User Files

For the F-15C :

- no afterburner LED on the right pannel when afterburner set,

Will have to check that.

- no radio-altimeter on the HUD at low level,

Not a bug.

- wheels not rolling on own aircraft,

Known.

- no induced drag when flaps down

- strange attitude at touchdown when strong crosswind.

Please elaborate.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

- About the flaps, we should have some drag when flaps down and have also a reduction of speed due to that drag, not only an increase of the angle of incidence,

- With a strong crosswind (10m/s), at the touchdown, my aircraft made a change of direction of around 20° and moved about a meter away on one side but in only half a second, not in a more or less smoothy way.

My question is a bit more complex. Is the AIM-9 modeled right? It seemed a rather poor weapon. The thing acts like a heavy missile with little propellant. It has only 1-2 miles range at most, and then it overshoots its targets, cant cope with turning targets very well. The AMRAAM is lightyears better. I always heard pilots say they preferred the slammer to the sidwinder WVR better, but I never expected to be this much. :)

EDIT:

oh, I see its been looked at. :)

List update:

49 - Missiles expend too much speed when turning

50 - Short range missiles do not turn hard enough

Ill add another: The sidwinder (didnt test R-73 yet) seems to be dropping behind the launcher aircraft for a second before accelarating away. In all footage I've seen it speeds up pretty quickly. Wooosh!

Edited by Pilotasso

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic4448_29.gif[/sigpic]

My PC specs below:

Case: Corsair 400C

PSU: SEASONIC SS-760XP2 760W Platinum

CPU: AMD RYZEN 3900X (12C/24T)

RAM: 32 GB 4266Mhz (two 2x8 kits) of trident Z RGB @3600Mhz CL 14 CR=1T

MOBO: ASUS CROSSHAIR HERO VI AM4

GFX: GTX 1080Ti MSI Gaming X

Cooler: NXZT Kraken X62 280mm AIO

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2+6GB WD 6Gb red

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog + CH pro pedals

Monitor: Gigabyte AORUS AD27QD Freesync HDR400 1440P

I'm not sure if I'm doing something wrong but when I fly a random mission with 3 wingmen and when I tell them to join up in close formation, they fly randomly around the place. Nowhere near as structured as it was in FC2. When i give the "close formation" command, they do close in but maybe around a kilometer from me.

Intel i7-8700k Coffee Lake@stock

G.Skill TridentZ RGB 32GB (2x16) 3200MHz

ASUS ROG STRIX GTX 1080 Ti

Maximus X FORMULA Z370 BIOS 1401

NZXT Kraken x62

SAMSUNG 970 EVO M.2 2280 500GB (OS)

SAMSUNG 970 EVO M.2 2280 1TB (Games)

Corsair AX1200i 1200 Watt

Cooler Master HAF X

HOTAS Warthog | VKB MCG Pro GunFighter Mk. II | MFG Crosswind | TrackIR 5

Heatware

I am getting CTD almost every time I exit an F15 mission. Other types are ok. The CTD occurs when I exit the de briefing screen and the basic DCS screen is loading. CTD occurs at around 80 load of the basic DCS screen.

Are logs of any use here ? If so where do I find them and do I need to set anything up to record them ?

All logs are kept in your Saved Games/DCS/Logs folder. Archive and upload the entire folder.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Very good initiative Viper making and updating that Bug list, it shows the right mindset towards customers.

On a side note, I think it would be better to edit this by adding "ONLY IF platform's radar reacquires target" because it looks frightening to anyone not aware of GG's explanation on another post. And I guess same logic should apply for Russian ARH missiles (R-77).

36 - AIM-120C tracks target beyond gimbal limits *No Bug - As Intended*

37 - Ballistic AIM-120C locks target beyond FOV/Gimbal limits *No Bug - As Intended*

banner_discordBannerDimensions_500w.jpg

Situational Awareness: https://sa-sim.com/ | The Air Combat Dojo: https://discord.gg/Rz77eFj

And I guess same logic should apply for Russian ARH missiles (R-77).

Yes it most certainly does :)

I'll attend to edit the main list later with the explanation.

Can I delete the contents of this folder once the logs have been submitted ?

Yes.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]