My huble try to make a budget pit

MA_Goblin

Hi fellas,

I've been lurking around since "dawn of time" :) Finally came around to try to make something

on a very low budget. Thought I´d present the result so far. I have a not renovated room in the basement to live in with my hobby :megalol:

webbild_5_zps5d66d28d.jpg

webbild_6_zpsf6fc2608.jpg

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

_____________Semper paratus, In hoc signo vinces________________

PC: Intel i7-8700K (4.9 GHz), Aorus Ultra Gaming Z370 MB, Gigabyte RTX 3080, 32 GB DDR3 (3,2 GHz), Samsung EVO 860 M.2 500 GB SSD + Samsung 960 M.2 250 GB SSD Gaming: Virpil T-50 CM2, TM WH Throttle, Crosswind pedals, HP Reverb

• ED Team

looks great hakjar,

I am a big fan of the budget pit, once you start you never stop :)

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

@tintifaxl: I got fed up with the G940 and bought the "hog" last week. I´m a very happy camper :)

Thx for all nice comments. I´m tryin to figure out helios to present gauges in the lower monitor.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

PC: Intel i7-8700K (4.9 GHz), Aorus Ultra Gaming Z370 MB, Gigabyte RTX 3080, 32 GB DDR3 (3,2 GHz), Samsung EVO 860 M.2 500 GB SSD + Samsung 960 M.2 250 GB SSD Gaming: Virpil T-50 CM2, TM WH Throttle, Crosswind pedals, HP Reverb

Wish I had room for something like that, nice woodwork mate, looks like a really comfy and immensive pit!

Do you have any plans or photos of it being assembled, what material? Need some ideas on wood work and that looks nice!!

Your basement looks like a set from Saving Private Ryan or a Bridge Too Far complete with bulletholes!! :-)

HeHe, yes the basement is a project on it´s own :) Will take some years before the renovation of our little house are done! Time and money are never compatible :)

The pit are built from the AkersBarnes drawings found here:

http://www.62ndfightingfalcons.asn.au/Resources/AkersBarnesCockpit/DownloadCockpitPlans/tabid/77/Default.aspx

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Nicely done, I use the Akers Barnes pit also. What I intend to do when time is available is to modify the monitor table and front dash panel so the front dash is true vertical and accomdates for a proper dash design with monitor for helios and proper positioning of MFCD's. Allowing for the seat to be raised with some simple modification would be nice too.

Enjoy the pit !

Current Flight Rig

i7 4960X @ 4.6Ghz

ASUS Rampage IV Formula

G.SKILL TridentX 2400Mhz 32GB DDR3

Crucial 1TB MX300 SSD

MSI Gaming X 1080Ti

Samsung 55" JS8000 SUHD 4K

Windows 10 x64

TrackIR 5, Warthog HOTAS

Saitek Pro Flight Combat Pedals

Custom Akers-Barnes, MkI eyeball.

I just tried downloading those plans but the detailed diagrams with all the measurements are all messed up (loads of coloured lines every etc).

Would someone be able to attach them as PDF or something? It might be these old Word 6 plans don't play nicely with my OSX Office 2011....

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Soul's pit thread