Joystick Questions

Hey guy's I have a couple of joystick questions, my primary stick I've been using for the last 12 or 13 years is my Microsoft Force Feedback 2, It's a great stick and still works like new, but I've been in the market for a better joystick for these flight sims. I've seen the Thrustmaster Warthog and I would LOVE to have that setup, it's not that I can't afford it, I'm just having a hard time trying to justify spending $450 on a Joystick that I'll honestly probably only use for this game, I look at $450 and I realize damn I can buy another pistol with that $$ so I'm having a hard time convincing myself to buy it :-). Long Story short I was going to ask you guys if you had any good stick suggestions? I took a look about a year ago and I ran across a Saitek model that came with a stick & throttle and it looked pretty nice but I was trying to find it again and the only one I can find is the X52 that's a silver/blue color it just looks kinda cheesy and cheap.. I'm in the market for one that's in the $150-300 range, so if you guys had any recommendations I would really appreciate it!

I cannot recommend the X52 (standard, silver version), after using it for several months.

- very loose spring, not enough centering force,

- my stick handle was woobly - it was not properly mounted on the shaft (?) and was moving around 3-5mm in all directions; had the set replaced, only to find new one had the exact same problem,

- rotaries and slider on the throttle are sometimes spiking madly, impossible to use them with any precision,

- ministick on throttle is rubbish, practicaly unusable,

- drivers and programming software were problematic, often had to reconnect my joystick because it stopped responding (bug with mfd display),

- the "plastic" feel is overwhelming

Overall, given the cost of the set, I wouldn't recommend it, especially after trying TWO of them with exact same issues. My recommendation - get a little more money and buy the PRO version (it solves some of the problems and is better built), or buy a CH Pro Throttle (or any other throttle) and use it with FF2.

I am currently using the X52 throttle with MS FF2 (works great, although I miss some buttons...), while still trying to decide if I should go with TM Warthog or CH Products for a complete replacement.

Several months ago, I kept trying to justify buying the Warthog in my mind, and just could not.

However I had the money, thought what the hell and went for it anyway. Got the Warthog and also Saitek Combat Pedals at the same time.

I am very , very glad I did! Love my Warthog, obviously for DCS-A10C it is the ultimate, but I do also love using it for my other flight sims as well.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

I look at $450 and I realize damn I can buy another pistol with that $$ so I'm having a hard time convincing myself to buy it :-)

If it's either another pistol or a Warthog and since you already own a pistol... i would know what to do in that case...:joystick:

Win11 Pro 64-bit, Ryzen 5800X3D, Corsair H115i, Gigabyte X570S UD, EVGA 3080Ti XC3 Ultra 12GB, 64 GB DDR4 G.Skill 3600. Monitors: LG 27GL850-B27 2560x1440 + Samsung SyncMaster 2443 1920x1200, HOTAS: Warthog with Virpil WarBRD base, MFG Crosswind combat pedals, TrackIR4, Rift-S.

Personal Wish List: A6 Intruder, Vietnam theater, decent ATC module, better VR performance!

• 1 year later...

Hey guy's sorry for bumping this again, so my chair broke and I ended up falling backwards onto my Sidewinder 2 and breaking the control stick off, so now I'm in actual need of a new stick, I checked out the X52 w/ throttle as well as the X55, @ $200 that's a bit out of my price range at the moment unfortunately, are there any decent sticks say around $100 that could get me through until I can pony up enough $$ for an X55?

Sorry for jumping the thread , But i have a Saitek X52 ( the blue and silver ) , i bought it and i didn't even need it ( i was originally using a thrustmaster pro ) the reason i bought it because it was on sale offer at my local shop that i couldn't pass ( 75$).

Since i got it 4 months ago and i only used it for for 15 mints on ARMA 3 and i didn't like because my hand is used to the thrustmaster.

If interested i have it for sale for 70 $ + shipping

Only Paypal nothing else.