F-18 grip, WARTHOG compatible

both of your arent wrong

there will always be customers -- build it and they will come, but unfortunately for the other end, these customers may not be those of us who were originally waiting to be.

i was originally waiting for the trackir product but i ended up getting trackir proper instead as the wait time far exceeded the cost savings.

An excuse is what you offer when you do not complete a job you were tasked with, a chore you were required to do, or pre-orders you took money for and failed to deliver. I have no one to make excuses to, as I do not owe anything to anyone here.

Call it what you will, but this thread is full of three years of 'explanations' related to this project.

You must understand that I appreciate what you are trying to do, and the level of quality that you wish to achieve.

However, you are the one posting the 'explanations'. Nobody is forcing you to explain what you are doing, it is your choice.

I will give you credit for not accepting pre-orders.

EDIT: For the purposes of perspective, perhaps you should run a search on this thread/forum section, for your posts. Give them a long slow read, while noting the relevant dates. That might give you a better idea why I, and others, are just plain tired of the 'explanations'.

Edited by cichlidfan

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

An excuse is what you offer when you do not complete a job you were tasked with, a chore you were required to do, or pre-orders you took money for and failed to deliver. I have no one to make excuses to, as I do not owe anything to anyone here.

Agree with what you say Heg...

Just a request... Get some products on sale sooner than later...

Atleast the HeadTracker as its every Simmer's need not want... And a good way to attract new and old Simmers alike to your future product line and product depth...

Check Six!!!_:gun_sniper:_:pilotfly:

||R7-2700X||ASUS ROG STRIX-X470F Gaming||GSKILL-TridentZRGB 16GBDDR4 3200C14||CORSAIR RM 1000X||SAPPHIRE RX 7900 XTX 24GB OC||WARTHOG HOTAS||:gun_smilie:

Just a request... Get some products on sale sooner than later...

In the grand scheme of things, this is all that I would like to see. :noexpression:

An excuse is what you offer when ...

You tell someone you will do something, and then don't come through. Just sayin' ;)

Edited by cichlidfan
  • Like 1

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

I am quite surprised with this thread...

I regard the ED forum as a serious forum meant for serious people who like to share, advise, get help and enjoy all things related to DCS in particular and flying in general.

I have yet to see such a fantasy thread linger for so long without being locked or otherwise.

The author of this thread has been writing fantasy promises for far too long and all along he has also manage to criticize TM, Natural Point and other companies for their technical and economical shortcomings (according to him).

It is quite the author's right to induldge in fantasy.

It is even more than fine for him to have followers.

My only question: is ED forum the right stage for this farce?

• Like 1

jgVplRQ.png

Im surprised too. Do we really feel we need to bash this guy with hundreds of comments on how we still cant purchase his stuff? Hes not sold anything, you've not given him anything, if you don't think it's worth waiting for tell yourself that and leave without a comment. Seriously, it has only taken up one thread slot for a few years, it doesn't hurt.

Edited by Farlander
  • Like 2

What's it to you guys? You're not the moderators here and I don't see anybody getting cheated. If you don't believe the author will deliver anything, that's fine, you can just ignore the thread instead of cluttering it and bumping it with this pointless discussion.

• Like 1

i386DX40@42 MHz w/i387 CP, 4 MB RAM (8*512 kB), Trident 8900C 1 MB w/16-bit RAMDAC ISA, Quantum 340 MB UDMA33, SB 16, DOS 6.22 w/QEMM + Win3.11CE, Quickshot 1btn 2axis, Numpad as hat. 2 FPH on a good day, 1 FPH avg.

DISCLAIMER: My posts are still absolutely useless. Just finding excuses not to learn the F-14 (HB's Swansong?).

Annoyed by my posts? Please consider donating. Once the target sum is reached, I'll be off to somewhere nice I promise not to post from. I'd buy that for a dollar!

What's it to you guys? You're not moderators here and I don't see anybody getting cheated here. If you don't believe the author will deliver anything, that's fine, you can just ignore the thread instead of cluttering it and bumping it with this pointless discussion.

Perhaps the same could be said for the OP, don't bump the thread until there is something for sale. :music_whistling:

Perhaps the same could be said for the OP, don't bump the thread until there is something for sale. :music_whistling:

It's his thread, he can post updates. There are so many pointless threads on this forum that even if this was all just a pipe dream, I don't see what's your beef with it (unless you personally feel cheated and your ego got hurt or something).

i386DX40@42 MHz w/i387 CP, 4 MB RAM (8*512 kB), Trident 8900C 1 MB w/16-bit RAMDAC ISA, Quantum 340 MB UDMA33, SB 16, DOS 6.22 w/QEMM + Win3.11CE, Quickshot 1btn 2axis, Numpad as hat. 2 FPH on a good day, 1 FPH avg.

DISCLAIMER: My posts are still absolutely useless. Just finding excuses not to learn the F-14 (HB's Swansong?).

Annoyed by my posts? Please consider donating. Once the target sum is reached, I'll be off to somewhere nice I promise not to post from. I'd buy that for a dollar!

Some of us likes to follow progress. I dont mind seeing projects i cant buy.

I do mind reading through a thread about it with most comments being "when will you give us update?", "this project will fail/failed" and other just, non needed comments.

It's his thread, he can post updates. There are so many pointless threads on this forum that even if this was all just a pipe dream, I don't see what's your beef with it (unless you personally feel cheated and your ego got hurt or something).

No beef with the existence of the thread. Just a small beef with the some of the content.

No beef with the existence of the thread. Just a small beef with the some of the content.

Yeah, sorry, that was more for the other guy who was encouraged by your posts. The point I was trying to make is that bringing the end result of the OP's work into question is pointless - it won't make any of it happen sooner and if nothing will ever come out of it, you or the OP can't prove it at the moment anyway. It just sidetracks and clutters the thread and it might force the moderators to close it. And now I'm needlessly cluttering the thread so I'll just stop.

Edited by Dudikoff
  • Like 1

The point I was trying to make is that bringing the end result of the OP's work into question is pointless - it won't make any of it happen sooner ...

I don't, entirely, disagree.

However, I would point out that the same can be said for about a third of the threads on this forum, whether they be about individual, ED's or 3rd party projects. That speculation and commentary is a significant part of the ebb and flow of a forum like this.

• Like 1

True, you dont owe anything, but you have told us x product will be available by y date multiple times now only to say "something else came available for cheaper so im not doing that now" countless times. If nothing else, youve earned a reputation as someone who ALWAYS breaks his word and doesnt meet deadlines he sets himself. Youre right. Youre not Apple or Ford. Youre a small guy who should be relying on his word and building a reputation. Unfortunately uou constantly breakbyour word and have a reputation of delays and no availability.

Ive had my faith in your company rise and fall numerous times. I wanna believe your stuff is coming out but after this many years, youve not sold a single product. I honestly was looking forward to your product but am beginning to question if im being trolled in the ultimate scam and you laugh at us every friday night. Im not the only one that feels that way and from discussion, there arent just a few.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

Hegykc, this past day or so has lead to an interesting conversation, hasn't it? It's very polarizing.

Personally, I'm kind of on the fence. I both agree with you and I don't at the same time. You are 100% correct that you don't owe me anything. You never took my money, no quid pro quo, here. But at the same time, you have also, as pointed out earlier given a date for some of you products to be released.

So, the way I came across your products might help you understand where I'm coming from. Around 2 years ago, a member on a different forum came to us with your thread, this one, about the F-18 grips. It had been a while since you started the thread and it was still about the grips. Owning a TM warthog myself, I was interested in the grips. The idea of changing my setup to help me was nice. Extendable stick, very interesting. I was on the fence about buying another HOTAS at the time, but figured that I'd wait it out. So I understand that you want to build an inventory first, so I stand by, remember it was supposed to be later in the year when you released. Then I think the A-10 panels started showing up. Cool. I think the printer was the issue that made you put the grips on hold. Cool. Then the printer came, but so did the FC3 panel. Then the Headclip. Now, at that point I was a bit perturbed that the grips weren't the focus, but I was still fine. Then you said the Headclip would be out by christmas. That was exciting. TrackIR works well, but yours seemed to be better. Was actually perfect because mine was falling apart, was ready to replace that. But Christmas and the new year came and went. If I remember, we didn't hear from you for a while. Then more panels came. Ect.

I might not agree with your business strategy, but it's your business strategy, do as you wish. I do take a little offense that you give dates, be they general or not, then extend. Only because it grows distrust and skepticism. But your products do *seem* nice. I say seem because no one can take anything but your word. Which, as we discussed, isn't exactly held in the highest regard.

Now, I do appreciate that you do at least update your progress and projects. That communication, to me at least, let's me know that you're passionate about what you're doing. Which is important to me. But I'm reminded that early in this thread, about the grips, you said that you started that project for you and some friends to make your simming better. Which is just as fine.

My recommendation, take it or leave it, it makes no difference to me, just my opinion.

I would at least send one or two prototypes to a reviewer, I can name a few that are held in higher regard around here, but if you're interested we can PM about that. But what that does is it shows the community that you make an actual product, and gives a second opinion on it, hopefully a non biased one. Send a grip, and the head tracker for a product review. Receive some constructive feedback on your designs. And keep a profile of what you're working on and what your ultimate plan is. It's easier to follow if we know what you've done, where you're going and what the end state is. Should that change, fine, but a forum is a community and we'd just appreciate seeing what's going on.

I'm sure others, like me, have changed plans on what hardware to buy or not buy based on what you've said in this thread. That's my only rub, is I've made decisions based on what you've said. So directly, no not your fault. But you do have a role in that, can you at least see that point of view?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Aurora R7 || i7K 8700K || 2TB 7200RPM SATA 6Gb/s || 2TB M.2 PCIe x4 SSD || GTX 1080 Ti with 11GB GDDR5X || Windows 10 Pro || 32GB Dual Channel DDR4 at 2667MHz || Virpil Warbird Base || Virpil T-50 Stick || Virpil MT-50 Throttle || Thrustmaster TPR Pedals || Oculus Rift

How would that be a scam? None of your money spent...

It's not so much a scam. Not at all. It just erodes my ultimate confidence in what will be his company. Remember, this is the very beginning of what could be a company. Some of us will be his customers. And when it comes to his reputation, this is what will be the beginning of his customer support. So right now, it's all about reputation.

Aurora R7 || i7K 8700K || 2TB 7200RPM SATA 6Gb/s || 2TB M.2 PCIe x4 SSD || GTX 1080 Ti with 11GB GDDR5X || Windows 10 Pro || 32GB Dual Channel DDR4 at 2667MHz || Virpil Warbird Base || Virpil T-50 Stick || Virpil MT-50 Throttle || Thrustmaster TPR Pedals || Oculus Rift

Also some of you are claiming that he will loose some customers because of delays? What?

So if he finally gets this stuff out and for sale some people are gonna say "Oh look at that hegykc finally got those grips and panels out. But I'm not going buy what I always wanted because it took longer than I think it should have." .... LOL what?!?!

GeForce GTX 970, i5 4690K 3.5 GHz, 8 GB ram, Win 10, 1080p

No but my likelihood to send my money to some small business in Croatia that has broken promises multiple times is far less likely.

What if i have an issue? Is my return & refund coming "next month"? Then, when it doesnt show up, "sorry man, i found i can save 2 pesos on a different cardboard box, maybe in 2 months"

????

• Like 1

In hegykc's defense, I'd like to say this.

I have built a sim controller... I actually built two.

Here's the story.

I wanted to build a throttle quadrant, with 8 axes, 5 rotary encoders and 22 buttons.

I started out with a Bodnar board, and built a throttle. As the build progressed, I learned a lot. I found better hardware and smarter ways of solving issues, problems and challenges. This meant that I rebuilt my throttle at least 3-4 times because of this.

When it was finished, I found out that it was too big..! I really couldn't use it. My emotional attachment to this throttle stopped me from tearing it apart and rebuild it again. Nor did I want to sell it, because it was a DIY project, and I couldn't back it up with a warranty.

So I gave it away...

I then started from scratch and built a better throttle. I applied the lessons I learned from my first build, and learned some new tricks.

What should've taken 3-4 months, evolved into a process of 18 months.

It probably ended up costing more than than a professional simulator throttle quadrant, in the end. But I did have a lot of fun, and I learned even more. Plus I got to know some really cool dudes on some forums.

Making a gamecontroller isn't for everybody. You get carried away as you learn more about the subject, and you feel the need to try new stuff - all the time.

I have huge respect for guys like Slaw, Milan, Baur, etc. that produce and sell controllers at such reasonable prices.

Bottom line.

Cut hegykc some slack.

He hasn't taken anybodys money.

So what if it turns out it's all a dream. It is a very nice dream..!

And if his stuff is on the market some day, we all win...bigtime!

No but my likelihood to send my money to some small business in Croatia that has broken promises multiple times is far less likely.

What if i have an issue? Is my return & refund coming "next month"? Then, when it doesnt show up, "sorry man, i found i can save 2 pesos on a different cardboard box, maybe in 2 months"

????

If you make online purchases with a credit card, it is supported by a 3 month money back guarantee. If your goods fail to show up, then you can claw back your money.

I see no broken promises associated with this product. All I see is a guy who made a rather over-optimistic prediction about a release date, that has failed to materialize. If you take his announcement as a promise, then I suggest you take a reality check. You have no contract with him, and as stated, no money has ever changed hands. What more is there to say?

It's not good for business to be over optimistic, but it is certainly not a crime, and frankly, the poor guy is an enthusiast, just like us, who wanted to do something good. Back off a little, and let him get on with it. This whole subject needs to be dropped.

Nuy one when they arrive, or don't buy one. It is your choice.

• Like 1

Back off a little, and let him get on with it. This whole subject needs to be dropped.

I actually wholeheartedly disagree with you. This is a community forum, what bettet place than this for people to speak their opinion? That is indeed the point of a forum.

Hegykc has a right to know what people thing of his project. Good or bad. It's gained a lot of attention here. And as a future small business owner, I'd hope that he at least listens to the base that he will, at some point, hope to serve.

Side note, it is irksome when on a forum any group of people try to silence another because they don't agree. Communicate, respectively of course. But that's the point. Yu don't always have to agree

• Like 1

I actually wholeheartedly disagree with you. This is a community forum, what bettet place than this for people to speak their opinion? That is indeed the point of a forum.

You are absolutely correct! NielWillis just expressed his opinion :)

And Hegykc must be able to cope with critisism and disbelief when nothing happens.

But I think his future customers can express their opinions without using words like trolling and scam, don't you?