F-18 grip, WARTHOG compatible

Where is he saying something about his products?

Private conversations are just that. Private.

Those who look for hooks on which to hang their doubts will find them. Those who look at evidence however will see no reason to doubt and cavil.

For those who have been trashing him, trashing someone can always turn out to be an embarrassment when they suddenly prove you wrong and you have to eat your words. It is embarrassing because you end up saying a lot more about yourself than you intended, than what you said about him.

Private conversations are just that. Private.

Those who look for hooks on which to hang their doubts will find them. Those who look at evidence however will see no reason to doubt and cavil.

For those who have been trashing him, trashing someone can always turn out to be an embarrassment when they suddenly prove you wrong and you have to eat your words. It is embarrassing because you end up saying a lot more about yourself than you intended, than what you said about him.

I'll trade embarrassing Internet comments for a product. The time this has taken and the broken word hey has made himself is the embarrassment. We weren't kicking down his door. He's been showing this product for going on 3 years now.

Sent when i should be working instead

• Like 1

Well All said and done, he has got major competition now than he had 2 years ago ...

I am just wondering about the business he has lost in these past 2-3 years ... :music_whistling:

The business of the Business is to make profit ...

Hope he comes out with some kickass products and recovers lost ground and profit ...:joystick:

Wishing him all the best and hoping for some updates and product releases from him soon ...:thumbup:

Its just not right to disappear after promising periodic updates ...dont you think ?

Check Six!!!_:gun_sniper:_:pilotfly:

||R7-2700X||ASUS ROG STRIX-X470F Gaming||GSKILL-TridentZRGB 16GBDDR4 3200C14||CORSAIR RM 1000X||SAPPHIRE RX 7900 XTX 24GB OC||WARTHOG HOTAS||:gun_smilie:

I'll trade embarrassing Internet comments for a product. The time this has taken and the broken word hey has made himself is the embarrassment. We weren't kicking down his door. He's been showing this product for going on 3 years now.

Sorry, but i haven't gotten a good image from you during this time. All i've seen is complaining from you, most would just let it go and check back once in a while, but you feel that you need to continue to bring the project down as much as you can. has he done anything to you? because from what i can remember it is 100% a personal choise to keep spending time hyping yourself up for something. I welcome all people who want to expand to flight sim products, no matter if it stays as a project or goes full scale production.

I do not remember him taking any money for his projects, so like i've said earlier, what's so bad about it? 3 years without a finished product makes me less likely to trust him, but in no way an embarrassment.. he's done more than most here and not charged anyone for it.

Sorry, but i haven't gotten a good image from you during this time. All i've seen is complaining from you, most would just let it go and check back once in a while, but you feel that you need to continue to bring the project down as much as you can. has he done anything to you? because from what i can remember it is 100% a personal choise to keep spending time hyping yourself up for something. I welcome all people who want to expand to flight sim products, no matter if it stays as a project or goes full scale production.

I do not remember him taking any money for his projects, so like i've said earlier, what's so bad about it? 3 years without a finished product makes me less likely to trust him, but in no way an embarrassment.. he's done more than most here and not charged anyone for it.

Well, I appreciate your perspective, but there's also the part where he was offering to sell prototype helpo collectives. We exchanged a few emails, and then he fell off the face of the earth privately too. As far as the rest, I am far past the stage of occasionally checking back. He's not REQUIRED to give us updates...but when you tell people you will, then yank the rug out from under them, it ruffles feathers. I've gone from being excited about his project, to disapointed, to reassured and excited again, and now we're back to the part where until we see it, a lot of us believe this to be a "never going to happen" product.

I'd love to purchase his products and will, but when he offered to sell some prototypes, you express interest, then he vanishes on you, I guess I feel like it's just rude.

3 years, big woop. ED has had the Hornet announced for at least 4 now. Do I still buy ED products? Yes, because their quality looks good. Hegycks quality looks good so I will most likely buy his stuff.

"Though I fly through the valley of the shadow of death, I shall fear no evil. For I am 80,000 feet and climbing." -9th SRW Det. 1 Wing Ops, Kadena AFB, Okinawa, Japan

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i5-4460, 16GB of RAM, MSi GTX 970 Twin Frozr V, ASRock H97M Anniversary, 2x 1TB HDD, Fractal design Core 1100, Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog, CH Pro Pedals, Corsair Vengeance K70, Razer Abyssus mouse, BenQ 1080P monitor.

VKB announced their Gladiator joystick in February 2015, and despite their previous experience RDR pedals (limited) production, with Cobra M5 project/production (for Defender, in ~2007/8 ), with mod's (limited) production for this stick (Mambas), the Chinese joystick factory (AG) partnership... until now they are not able to set a proper regular production/distribution of Gladiator. Still for ... "two weeks, be sure"™. :)

Edited by Sokol1_br

Make it and I'll buy it. Simple as that. It hasn't cost me a dime so far so I'll sit back and wait for it. If it's made, it's made. If not, no loss other than an hour of my life checking the thread. I waited a while for VR, I waited a while for Komodo, I'm still waiting for F14, still waiting for Cobra (AH-1 kind), still waiting for F-18, and I'm still waiting for DX12.

So I'll keep on waiting and enjoy it when it happens.

hsb

HW Spec in Spoiler

---

i7-10700K Direct-To-Die/OC'ed to 5.1GHz, MSI Z490 MB, 32GB DDR4 3200MHz, EVGA 2080 Ti FTW3, NVMe+SSD, Win 10 x64 Pro, MFG, Warthog, TM MFDs, Komodo Huey set, Rverbe G1

• 5 weeks later...

Hey Hegy

Are you out of business? I am very concerned if you are still in business with your ideas and printers. You were always my big hope to have very soon a original F/A-18 Hotas as well as other cockpit utilities like UFC or a CDU for the A-10C. Please give us a sign that you are still part of our community and also in business with your replicas

He visits the forum very frequently but he, apparently, chooses not to post.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Neither would I, with some of the aggressive posters in this thread! :music_whistling:

That's true. But if you're in customer facing business, that comes with the territory. Look at the number of people who voluntarily download alpha and beta codes then promptly complain about things not working (not bug reports, but out right complaints)

Going silent is probably the wrong thing to do. But it gives others like Mongoose/Virpil's of the world to fill the void.

hsb

HW Spec in Spoiler

---

i7-10700K Direct-To-Die/OC'ed to 5.1GHz, MSI Z490 MB, 32GB DDR4 3200MHz, EVGA 2080 Ti FTW3, NVMe+SSD, Win 10 x64 Pro, MFG, Warthog, TM MFDs, Komodo Huey set, Rverbe G1

I know it's easy to go into "I'll show them.... /* shaking fist in the air */" and like someone posted, maybe we'll see a big post. All I'm saying is that engagement matters even if there is no news. I mean TM website went dark for a few days and look at the ruckus (all of it waste of time) it caused. I get that there is a difference between a commercial and DIY offering. But I'm at 1,612 post in a thread that's been viewed hundreds of thousands of times. So clearly, there is traction.

Were I him, I would own up to the delays, being overly optimistic and post an update. Yes, people will jump all over him, point to past promises etc., but that's the price of retail business right?

That B17 mockup looked incredible! As was his A10 units in the Home Cockpit thread.

I'm still hopeful that I can buy something soon.

hsb

HW Spec in Spoiler

---

He maybe say nothing because he have nothing to say :)

That's a poor way to handle expectation management. I'm in a similar position to Hegy (I have grip projects that will be for sale that I'm also publicly developing) and my process has been slow and frustrating having dragged out for a few years. The big difference however is that everyone interested in my projects are kept in the loop, which includes sharing bad news and setbacks and project goals, but balanced with pictures of project progress like master parts and molds and production parts, as prototypes and renders and promises don't have enough energy behind them to keep fuel in the hype train for indefinitely.

Maintaining radio silence on your own is bad enough in this context, but when people directly asking for signs of life are ignored it predictably kills the hype and breeds contempt. Ignore them too long and someone swoops in to salvage the wreckage, which this thread has a pretty juicy pile of by this point.

Well if folks quit worrying / wondering about it and posting, eventually this thread will move beyond the first page and disappear, unless he does post an update...

I am sure if he is still planning something and wants the interest, he will make a post in here at some point.

In the meantime this is some exciting times for new joystick hardware, with two new offerings being available this month.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

The one factor that comes to mind in these conversations is the nature of the target pricing for the original product. Everything hinged around that number, and what is now bordering on a four-year digression with more edits than one can count in the original post comes back to the need to hit those original numbers. And now, for those who were only ever interested in an F/A-18 grip, everything else that has come down the pike has priority- in order to make the originally claimed prices.

To me, it's not so much the wait- it's the fact that there's always something new required to make the prices work for what the original claim was. That's concerning, because until a given object is actually fabricated its cost for production remains an uncertainty. Molds may fail to meet specification, reject rates may be higher than expected, finish time may be longer than originally projected.

Comparisons to software, as have been made, don't work, because the design and functionality of a manufactured grip is finite- you know how many buttons, you know the switch sizes, and you have all of the necessary dimensions. The catalogs of necessary ICs and electronics to populate are all accessible. But it's the actual making of the thing that gets in the way.

Personally, I get the impression, based on the impatience, that it might be time for Hegy to test the waters and actually produce a grip to a level he would sell, as to get the experience in and confirm whether or not his assumptions are correct. That, and to find his cost at low rate production, to perhaps give some of the more antsy a chance to pay a premium to get what will continue to be the longest lead item.

And note- I don't say that as someone interested in the Hornet grip, because I've got a Suncom conversion I'm working on. Simply a matter of wanting to see something tangible happen on this front- whether it comes to market or not.

According to the (edited for updates) post #1 in this thread, which is about to see its 4th birthday, as of August of last year there were "prototypes every week". We're going on 7 months now of "prototypes every week".

Have you got anything for us Hegy? It's been a while since we'veheard from you man.

I decided to give my money to the Virpil guys...

Felt more respected and valued by them...

At the end I have to support the gaming community by helping those who help/respect the community.

Make no mistake, if Hegykc comes up with what he has promised then my money will go to him as well...

But somehow it seems I will be more inclined to Virpil or other OEMs over Hegykc for sure...

:)

||R7-2700X||ASUS ROG STRIX-X470F Gaming||GSKILL-TridentZRGB 16GBDDR4 3200C14||CORSAIR RM 1000X||SAPPHIRE RX 7900 XTX 24GB OC||WARTHOG HOTAS||:gun_smilie:

I decided to give my money to the Virpil guys...

Anxiously awaiting their stick/gimbal setup with the center desk mount.

I will be all over that when it is available to order...

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

Anxiously awaiting their stick/gimbal setup with the center desk mount.

I will be all over that when it is available to order...

Ofcourse...

I have pre-ordered all there stuff but the Grip...

Hoping for another heavy pre-order discount when they launch their gimbal... Then will order their stick/gimbal setup... :)

Unfortunately they do not have any Head tracker yet and I was really looking forward to get one off Hegykc... He had promised an amazing head tracker equipment as his first product to be launched in this thread and another... Been following both the threads for ages now... One can only imagine the amount of business he would have got if only he would have just launched it... Everybody use HeadTrackers and a cheap one like his would have been his Golden Goose...

Hopefully he manages to excite us again with his releases...

I will gladly pre-order one... :)

I've been interested in hegykc for a few years and am coming back to DCS. Sort of placeholsing here as I get caught up on info!

Owned: Ryzen 3900x, MSI AMD 470x mobo, 32gb 3200MHz ram, Gtx 1660 Ti, 970 Evo Plus 500GB, MsFFB2, TIR5, TMWH+18c Stick, MFG Crosswinds, Buttkicker/SSA, WinWing F-18C . Next is VR for simpit

Art Of The Kill: