X-Control Mod (Take Over control of AI planes) - Comunity open mod

Thanks zealu, I had the Harrier MOD in FC 2 (I think it was 2), wasn't so much underpowered as it needed a very gentle pull back after a long take off roll. Could you possibly explain how you get it available in FC3 I'd like to take a look and do some experimenting ? Post here or PM if you don't want to go public with it :-),

Thanks for your work so far, it's really practical mod and is a lot of fun, especially burning around in the F16. Keep up the good work boys

Cheers

Nick

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

oh... is a public mod... it just ads the missing EDM, some lua in scripts folder and puts the necesary lua files etc in Mods... nothing fancy.

I think is this one: http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/252436/

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least

see how the tail hook on the hornet works with the F-15C Pit, then I would make the SU27 Pit linked to the SU-33 :)

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

well... you can very well make it... there is a mod out there by PeterP, I think.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least

Edit the stores allowed in the aircraft's lua file in \Scripts\Database\planes\

The list of allowable ordinance is in \Scripts\Database\db_weapons_data.lua

The CLSID for the Mercury pod is B1EF6B0E-3D91-4047-A7A5-A99E7D8B4A8B

Yeah thanks Ducky, Im sure it is going to be good but at the moment It's going to be out way down the line. That's why mods like this are such fun, they work and they are here right now without all the ambiguity over the big "when" question :-)

@zaelu

Does the su30 have any kind of ground atcking , or sead capability with this mod?

I can't get any kind on video image on the cockpit display when i press o with any weapon?

I do appreciate your eforts as moder even though i can't get it to work right.

Edited by otto

The Su-30 should have some air to ground capability. You have to have a TV guided/laser guided on the plane and have them selected in the air to ground mode (by hitting 7). Once that is done, then hit O and it should bring up the tv on the mfd there.

Also the tv vertical move axis is reversed... if you reverse it the TDC vertical axis will be reversed. When in gnd attk mode if you start your radar some strange looking image will appear but you cant do much with it. As Evilducky said, you need to start your EOS so you can target ground objects. You have display zoom commands only after you ground stabilize under 17 kilometers I think. And tgt size commands dont do much. Also, take note that your EOS is on top of your nose so you dont see very much downwards and the camera snaps upwards if you force it down too much.

For SEAD you need to change su-30 from su-33 avionics to su 25t in customhuman.lua. But you loose radar.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 4 weeks later...

Interesting. Back in the early days of the World when it was easier to make AI planes flyable - I was able to put a ELINT pod from the SU-25 on a F/A-18 and was using a SU-25 cockpit and was able to get it to use the HARM missiles. I wonder if I can do this again with this mod.

Coder - Oculus Rift Guy - Court Jester

Took her for a test spin last night and was only able to find the F-15C cockpit so I used that for all the planes. I tested out the F-15E, F-16A, F/A-18C, L-39, and the Tornado. All worked fine except the Tornado. I think (haven't had time to test) this is because I put a space in the file name between tornado and IDS. Will rename it tonight and test it out.

F/A-18C FM seemed a little less agile then I expected, but not to bad. I did attempt a couple carrier landings but had to bolted each time. Last time I hit the deck a little harder then it liked and blew up the plane. Anyone successfully done a carrier landing using this mode yet?

Also, and way to get the refueling boom to open? Would be cool to try to do some air to air refueling with a boom.

Also the tv vertical move axis is reversed... if you reverse it the TDC vertical axis will be reversed. When in gnd attk mode if you start your radar some strange looking image will appear but you cant do much with it. As Evilducky said, you need to start your EOS so you can target ground objects. You have display zoom commands only after you ground stabilize under 17 kilometers I think. And tgt size commands dont do much. Also, take note that your EOS is on top of your nose so you dont see very much downwards and the camera snaps upwards if you force it down too much.

For SEAD you need to change su-30 from su-33 avionics to su 25t in customhuman.lua. But you loose radar.

Su-30(Su-27cockpit) ground\water stabilize-32-35km

-X-29L\T\TE,X-31A,X-35,KAB-500T\500L,X-59M(guide mod)

F-18C(MiG-29G mod18 cockpit)-ground\water stabilize-22-25km

-AGM-84A\E(Guide mod),AGM-123,AGM-65(All),GBU-12\10\16

Онлайн-MG:joystick:

"Страшнее Шилки зверя нет".

"ПИСДРУНС СС ПП".

"Носи ППК с молоду-любить будешь до старости".

"СА-Танки решают все!"

"- А мы, старшина, ни за первую и не за вторую… Мы – за третью. За эту… За как её?.. За Родину!"

__|77|________:::::: =}-

\~~~~~~~~~/~~~~~~~ NAVAL AVIATION FAN ~~~~~~~

Does the F/A-18A have SEAD capabilities in the sim?

If so would it be useful to put the following in the CustomHuman in the CWSType section:

iCWS_FA_18    = PlaneType.FA_18,

Then add at the bottom:

CustomHumanData[PlaneType.FA_18C  ] = CWSType.iCWS_FA_18

or am I off the mark here?

I don't think the ICWS for F18C is activated yet... so it might not work :) .

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I'll look into it.

Usually one need just to create a similar folder files structure for the new plane like for Mig31 for example but named and tweaked for Tu-22 or any other plane. Also the CustomHuman.lua should have instruction on what avionics will be used otherwise defaul Su27/33 will be used.

Then a suitable cockpit transplant cockpit should be used... in case of Tu-22... I don't know... Huey? :D

I usually tweak the input controls also... removing unnecessary commands by commenting them out inside the luas.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 3 weeks later...

So I got the mod working on the F/A-18C. With the correct cockpit position, I see the pilots head and the dash of the F/A-18 model unfortunately. Not sure if there is a fix for that. Also, I have a russian hud, and none of the screens work in the f-15 pit. Any suggestions?