RAZ F-15E AFM

phant

Basically F-15A/B To F-15E:

More Powerful Engines (Effects Weight, Thrust as well as Thrust:Weight Ratio)

Re-designed Rear Fuselage, bays and doors (Effects Weight and Distribution)

Conformal Fuel Tanks (Effects Weight, Distribution and Drag)

Upgraded Combat Systems (Effects Weight)

Upgraded Avionics (Effects Weight)

Upgraded Flight Control Systems (Effects FCS Response to Stick Movements.)

i wasnt sure about the forward fuselage... i know the rear fuselage is constructed differently and w/ different materials than that of the F-15A->C

Hmmmmm....at first you said "C". The "A/B" is different from the a "C" as well. When it comes to the basic airframe of the F-15, all are the same. Key word "airframe".

There are a couple Strikes that when funds were allotted, those airframes were "D's". As a matter of fact, during the initial construction those airplanes were indeed "D's".

If you pull the CFT's off the Strike and fly it with -220 motors (Seymour Johnson jets) it will perform just like any other "tub". -229 airplanes (WA, MO, and LN) would perform better. However, the airframe is basically the same.

When I used order horizontal stabs, I had to be careful in which stab I ordered because when you take it out the crate, it could be light or dark gray. Rudders, flaps, ailerons, ramps, canopy's, and speed brakes had to go to the paint barn because those parts where all light gray.

Wings aren't made from scratch anymore. If a Strike needs a new wing, it comes from a jet in the bone yard.

Depot down in Warner Robbins has the ability to take a "D" front fuselage and graft it to the center of a "E". Same can be said with the other fuselage sections. The LN jet that cart wheeled when landing after coming from a Red Flag, although it's not flyable, has a "B" front fuselage attached to it and is being used as a weapons trainer at Sheppard.

So, besides a panel here and there, the basic airframe is the same shape and size. Yes different flight control computers, larger actuators, different cockpits, but airframe is the same :thumbup:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Chris

Ahh that sound <3

I love the sound of my tax dollars being sucked through a jet engine, it sounds good. :D

i7 7700K | 32GB RAM | GTX 1080Ti | Rift CV1 | TM Warthog | Win 10

"There will always be people with a false sense of entitlement.

You can want it, you can ask for it, but you don't automatically deserve it. "

Hmmmmm....at first you said "C". The "A/B" is different from the a "C" as well. When it comes to the basic airframe of the F-15, all are the same. Key word "airframe".

There are a couple Strikes that when funds were allotted, those airframes were "D's". As a matter of fact, during the initial construction those airplanes were indeed "D's".

If you pull the CFT's off the Strike and fly it with -220 motors (Seymour Johnson jets) it will perform just like any other "tub". -229 airplanes (WA, MO, and LN) would perform better. However, the airframe is basically the same.

When I used order horizontal stabs, I had to be careful in which stab I ordered because when you take it out the crate, it could be light or dark gray. Rudders, flaps, ailerons, ramps, canopy's, and speed brakes had to go to the paint barn because those parts where all light gray.

Wings aren't made from scratch anymore. If a Strike needs a new wing, it comes from a jet in the bone yard.

Depot down in Warner Robbins has the ability to take a "D" front fuselage and graft it to the center of a "E". Same can be said with the other fuselage sections. The LN jet that cart wheeled when landing after coming from a Red Flag, although it's not flyable, has a "B" front fuselage attached to it and is being used as a weapons trainer at Sheppard.

So, besides a panel here and there, the basic airframe is the same shape and size. Yes different flight control computers, larger actuators, different cockpits, but airframe is the same :thumbup:

in that case, I apologize...

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

They don't have time for dat anymore as in light grey paint on E's. we have rudders and such from they c/d's on my jets at the 'Heath.

LIGHTNING! STRIKES! -48AMXS Sound off

They don't have time for dat anymore as in light grey paint on E's. we have rudders and such from they c/d's on my jets at the 'Heath.

You mean paint the surfaces over at the barn from out the crate? Nice to see a fellow Crew Dawg. A Strike Crew Dawg at that :thumbup:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Chris

You mean paint the surfaces over at the barn from out the crate? Nice to see a fellow Crew Dawg. A Strike Crew Dawg at that :thumbup:

Definitely not a crew chief. Avionics dog. hahah. and no we don't have time for that. that stuff maybe gets fixed when the entire jet goes over. not to mention the lack of funding lately.

LIGHTNING! STRIKES! -48AMXS Sound off

Because the T-2 is their testbed aircraft. As a new developer to DCS wouldn't you think they'd want to get a first project out to cut their teeth on before moving to the F-15E? I would...developing for DCS isn't like FSX.

Edited by Blaze

i7 7700K | 32GB RAM | GTX 1080Ti | Rift CV1 | TM Warthog | Win 10

"There will always be people with a false sense of entitlement.

You can want it, you can ask for it, but you don't automatically deserve it. "

Because the T-2 is their testbed aircraft. As a new developed to DCS wouldn't you think they'd want to get a first project out to cut their teeth on before moving to the F-15E? I would...developing for DCS isn't like FSX.

I agree. It is reasonable to begin small and not with something as complex as the F-15E but I figure that the Strike Eagle will be ready years from now and I feel :(

• 7 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 3/3/2021 at 4:32 AM, phant said:

Hey RAZ, can you share some information about the flight model: it will be a completely new implementation?

Bye

Phant

The F-15C and E have completely different engines/ outline, aerodynamics, etc so using the one from the C would not be accurate nor be easy and likely not even allowed as it is ED's. It would be surprising if they didn't make their own

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

1 ora fa, FoxOne007 ha scritto:

The F-15C and E have completely different engines/ outline, aerodynamics, etc so using the one from the C would not be accurate nor be easy and likely not even allowed as it is ED's. It would be surprising if they didn't make their own

I was referring to a possible collaboration between ED and RAZBAM for a modified version of the AFM of the Charlie version.

As for the differences between the various versions of the Eagle, it seems that they are not so marked as to require a rewrite of the flight model from scratch.

Bye

Phant

Edited by phant
  • Like 1

AMVI

• 1 month later...
On 3/15/2021 at 12:14 PM, FoxOne007 said:

It is essentially the same, with appropriate modifications for the engine thrust and CFTs, all of which is available in the appropriate documentation.   More importantly though, the F-15E has FBW, which the F-15C does not that would make a huge difference in changing the flight controls.

Weight distribution is changed by moving the CoG, probably one of the simplest adjustments.  Thrust for the new engines is likely a matter of adjusting the current curve up until it matches the acceleration trends.

Drag is adjusted for by adding the appropriate DI for the CFTs.

Edited by GGTharos

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

6 minutes ago, GGTharos said:

More importantly though, the F-15E has FBW, which the F-15C does not that would make a huge difference in changing the flight controls

Wasn't the whole F-15 from the start designed to have the FBW control system? I am now surprised as I have thought that it had FBW system since the A model.

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

The F-15ABCD has an electro-hydraulic/mechanical assistive system, called the CAS (Control Augmentation System) which has been tuned to the nines so to speak by NASA and the USAF.   It includes dampers, the ARI, the PTC, the stick is provided with nearly constant-force-per-g feedback and probably a few things I'm forgetting.

All limitations in this system are physical; there are no G or AoA limits.

IIRC from the E and on it's all a proper FBW though.

Edit:  Some resources for you

https://www.f15sim.com/operation/f15_flight_control_system.htm

https://www.f15sim.com/?page_id=16

Edited by GGTharos
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

29 minutes ago, GGTharos said:

It is essentially the same, with appropriate modifications for the engine thrust and CFTs, all of which is available in the appropriate documentation.   More importantly though, the F-15E has FBW, which the F-15C does not that would make a huge difference in changing the flight controls.

Weight distribution is changed by moving the CoG, probably one of the simplest adjustments.  Thrust for the new engines is likely a matter of adjusting the current curve up until it matches the acceleration trends.

Drag is adjusted for by adding the appropriate DI for the CFTs.

It's not essentially the same though.....

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

53 minutes ago, GGTharos said:

the stick is provided with nearly constant-force-per-g feedback and probably a few things I'm forgetting.

Does that mean the stick has same force constantly or that the force changes by the G to give a feedback of it?

All limitations in this system are physical; there are no G or AoA limits.

So where example Su-27S provided a AoA limiter, the F-15C doesn't have any other than numerical values on HUD, pilot feel on pants and stick forces?

IIRC from the E and on it's all a proper FBW though.

Why it couldn't be just copied as flight behavior alone with controls is totally different....

Thank you!

• Like 1

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.