DCS Enhanced Terrain (Texture Mod)

toby23

Sweet mod :thumbup:

attachment.php?attachmentid=87675&stc=1&d=1378986853

dcs.exe_DX9_20130911_164431.thumb.jpg.62c6ca4cc35e69ef72bc5eff8af1e1f1.jpg

• Like 1

:pilotfly:Wolfpack Production:pilotfly:

-=<[WiN 10, I7 3770K @ 4,5 Ghz, Corsair H100i, Sabertooth Z77, 16 GB Dominator, Sapphire 7970 VaporX 6GB, C70 Vengance, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Saitek Pro rudder, Track IR, Beyerdynamics MMX 300 ]>=-

DCS/FC2/FC3/Arma videos on my channel:

https://www.youtube.com/user/WolfpackproductionDK

"Fortes Furtuna Juvat"

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Incredible mod! ED should add this to the sim by default.

No need for EDGE then :D

:pilotfly:Wolfpack Production:pilotfly:

-=<[WiN 10, I7 3770K @ 4,5 Ghz, Corsair H100i, Sabertooth Z77, 16 GB Dominator, Sapphire 7970 VaporX 6GB, C70 Vengance, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Saitek Pro rudder, Track IR, Beyerdynamics MMX 300 ]>=-

DCS/FC2/FC3/Arma videos on my channel:

https://www.youtube.com/user/WolfpackproductionDK

"Fortes Furtuna Juvat"

Open your Sweet FX Settings and edit line 270 like in the attached picture.

I haven't tried this but it should work.

It sets Screenshot to Scroll Lock.

Thanks for your help, but I'm wiped out that command completely for SweetFX. I've tested and it's fine.

Let me just add, although I really like this mod, now is very noticeable difference between the old and new textures.

Edited by kobac

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]Everything is possible ...

Let me just add, although I really like this mod, now is very noticeable difference between the old and new textures.

If I understand you right, you mean that the difference between the DCS stock textures and mine is noticeable?

I've been trying to create textures for towns and villages too but it's not as simple as it sounds. For some reason they display differently to the terrain noise so it's very hard for me to get them to match.

Ryzen 5800X, 32GB RAM, RTX 3060

Thinking of installing some of these new terrain mods. So questions is DTAC or Toby's? Does any stand out above another? They both look awesome but I don't want to have to go through the hassle of uninstalling one to install another. Thanks

MSI M5 z270 | Intel i5 7600k (OC) 4.8GHz | MSI GTX1080ti Gaming X 11Gb | 500gb Samsung 970 Evo NVME M.2 (DCS World) | 500gb Samsung 850 Evo SSD (OS and Apps) | 32Gb 2400MHz DDR4 - Crucial Ballistix | Be Quiet Silent Loop 240mm | NZXT H440 case |

Thrustmaster Warthog - 47608 with Virpil Mongoose joystick base | MFG Crosswinds - 1241 | Westland Lynx collective with Bodnar X board | Pilot's seat from ZH832 Merlin | JetSeat | Oculus Rift S | Windows 10 | VA |

Thinking of installing some of these new terrain mods. So questions is DTAC or Toby's? Does any stand out above another? They both look awesome but I don't want to have to go through the hassle of uninstalling one to install another. Thanks

This is a matter of Taste..and it is not complicated installing both Mods. Just make 2 Copys of your vfstextures Folder. Rename the Original vfstextures Folder to "vfstextures_ori", Install the DTAC Terrain in one of the copys and call it "vfstextures_DTAC". In the other copy install Tobys Textures and call it "vfstextures_Toby". Now you have 3 vfstextures Folders ori, DTAC and Toby. To test the textures simply rename the Folder of the Mod you want to test back to "vfstextures"..so you can simply Switch between the Original, the DTAG Terrain and Tobys Mod

My Specs:

I don`t care..it is a Computer..a black one..

I like the look of this mod. I'm using it along with the low level noise file you posted earlier. Also using rockwelders DTAC trees with it. Looks good.

But I do have one problem in that to make it look good (i.e not washed out) i am using SweetFX with the HDR option set and this makes the cockpit a little too dark for my liking. I have to switch the flood light on even in the day time just to see things clearly. At night, it becomes a bit of a problem for me.

Any way around this?

Regards,

Milli

I like the look of this mod. I'm using it along with the low level noise file you posted earlier. Also using rockwelders DTAC trees with it. Looks good.

But I do have one problem in that to make it look good (i.e not washed out) i am using SweetFX with the HDR option set and this makes the cockpit a little too dark for my liking. I have to switch the flood light on even in the day time just to see things clearly. At night, it becomes a bit of a problem for me.

Any way around this?

Regards,

Milli

I had the same "Problem". Just open the "SweetFX_settings.txt" and search for "#define HDRPower". Tobys Value is 1.40..try 1.20..or play around a bit until you feel comfortable

My Specs:

I don`t care..it is a Computer..a black one..

Great mod actually.

It seems ground images are taken from 300-500 meters above. Is it OK for helicopter pilots?

Intel i7-14700@5.6GHz | MSI RTX4080 Super SuprimX | Corsair V. 32GB@6400MHz. | Samsung 1TB 990 PRO SSD (Win10Homex64)
Samsung G5 32" + Samsung 18" + 2x8"TFT Displays | Saitek X-55 Rhino & Rudder | TM MFD Cougars | Logitech G13, G230, G510, PZ55 & Farming Sim Panel | TIR5
>>MY MODS<< | Discord: Devrim#1068

I'm working on a 'Low 'n' Slow' version for Helicopter Pilots using source images taken at 1000 ft.

Slow progress but should be able to show some screenshots over the next few days.

My original textures used source images taken at 4000 ft.

The new set will be more generic like the original textures.

Sneak peak at original size attached.

sneak.thumb.jpg.d80f0015626456c42e08c3fbe7418ee7.jpg

Edited by toby23
  • Like 1

I'm working on a 'Low 'n' Slow' version for Helicopter Pilots using source images taken at 1000 ft.

Slow progress but should be able to show some screenshots over the next few days.

My original textures used source images taken at 4000 ft.

The new set will be more generic like the original textures.

Sneak peak at original size attached.

Nice cant wait to see it on my pc. Btw if you need people for testing im up for it

g8PjVMw.png

Hi guys. Love the images from this thread, and downloaded the mod as soon as I saw it.

Sadly I have a problem and don't seem to know what to do next?

After exracting the files, I had 4 folders. Can't remember the names off the top of my head, but they ended something like "Autumn other".

I followed the instructions and dragged the whole folder directly onto the corresponding .zip file and it showed it was adding to the .zip. I never got a message to overwrite anything, the folder appeared to just be added?

I then loaded the game, chose Summer for the time period and launched the game.

The textures were the stock default one's. No glorious new one's :(

I really need to get these textures.working for a project I am.working on and wonder if anyone can help figure out what I did wrong?

Do I.load a.specific mao/area/year?

Any help ASAP really appreciated, cheers, MP

@Mysticpuma try reading the installation instructions. It doesn't say copy the folder does it..

What kind of project are you working on that requires you to have my textures installed?

Edited by toby23
  • Like 1

Hi Toby, sorry I just read the install wrong ;(

The small project is an.unofficial promo for the DCS WW 2 module that RRG are putting together for DCS world.

I just want to make a short promo video that hopefully boosts their kickstarter and the textures shown here make DCS look so much better than the stock textures it would be a great boost to how it looks :)

Cheers, MP