DCS Enhanced Terrain (Texture Mod)

toby23

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The city tiles still remain I'm afraid. Where the village tiles usually follow rules with tree, building and road placement as well as with predictable overlapping, the 'town' tiles do not adhere to them as much and working with the town tiles has proven to be incredibly frustrating.

I did pour a lot of time into modding those town tiles, but was never happy with the results and thus I didn't release them. For anybody that would like to have a go, there are only a few tiles that you need to modify... Comfort, town 1, town 2 and town 3 are the main ones, there is also an industrial one but I can't remember the name of it off the top of my head, but leave the tech one alone, that is used at the airfields under the big hanger where the Il-76 is parked.

Edited by Highwayman-Ed

Intel i9-9900KF @5.2GHz

MSI Z390 Gaming Pro Carbon

32GB G.Skill Trident Z DDR3200 RAM

MSI RTX 2080 Ti Gaming X Trio

40" Panasonic TH-40DX600U @ 4K

Pimax Vision 8K Plus / Oculus Rift CV1 / HTC Vive

Gametrix JetSeat with SimShaker

Windows 10 64 Bit Home Edition

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

How do I use the 229th texture mod? Just place it in the mods folder?

Put it into your JSGME mods folder and the enable it. If you don't have JSGME installed, check here

Intel i9-9900KF @5.2GHz

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

DCS Enhanced Terrain (Texture Mod)

The city tiles still remain I'm afraid. Where the village tiles usually follow rules with tree, building and road placement as well as with predictable overlapping, the 'town' tiles do not adhere to them as much and working with the town tiles has proven to be incredibly frustrating.

I did pour a lot of time into modding those town tiles, but was never happy with the results and thus I didn't release them. For anybody that would like to have a go, there are only a few tiles that you need to modify... Comfort, town 1, town 2 and town 3 are the main ones, there is also an industrial one but I can't remember the name of it off the top of my head, but leave the tech one alone, that is used at the airfields under the big hanger where the Il-76 is parked.

Please relase those not so good tiles for cities, even solid green tile is much better than Stock ugly puke :/

But i will try too, but tile edit is totally new thing for me. :)

Oculus CV1, Odyssey, Pimax 5k+ (i5 8400, 24gb ddr4 3000mhz, 1080Ti OC )

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I just installed this using JSGME, but only because Highwayman made it a JSGME install. Before that I was having problems with it. How come Modders don't just make their mods JSGME install from the start? They spend ages making these Mod and then seem to get bogged down trying to explain to people how to install them instead of just making it JSGME compatible form the start. fantastic Mod BTW.

Please relase those not so good tiles for cities, even solid green tile is much better than Stock ugly puke :/

But i will try too, but tile edit is totally new thing for me. :)

I'm away for the Holidays, but I'll take a fresh look at these when I get back in January :)

Intel i9-9900KF @5.2GHz

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I just installed this using JSGME, but only because Highwayman made it a JSGME install. Before that I was having problems with it. How come Modders don't just make their mods JSGME install from the start? They spend ages making these Mod and then seem to get bogged down trying to explain to people how to install them instead of just making it JSGME compatible form the start. fantastic Mod BTW.

This is honestly a really good question.

I think a better question is what would it take to get the community to formally adopt JSGME as it's "standard" for mods, and get the board moderators to make a sticky about it under 2-3 of the topics related to mods...

I installed JSGME and I've not had a single problem with updates since...

• 2 weeks later...
Will these work for FC3? Will they work for online play? Sorry I am new to DCS

It is a DCS World mod, so it works with any aircraft/module. It should not prevent you from joining an MP server.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

BUMB

Nothing new yet, I captured some images to map the light sources and have started playing around with the textures, but I'm still not happy about the way that they 'tile' in the city centers... bear with me.

Intel i9-9900KF @5.2GHz

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 2 weeks later...

Installed the mod and it looks great. But I cannot locate my HIGH.lua file to make the suggested changes on the first page. Any hint as to where it may be? I even did a search on my PC and cannot locate it.

Thanks in advance for any help-

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] Remembering Arlie "Jack" Campbell, US Army Air Forces, WWII. Well done dad, rest in peace.

Installed the mod and it looks great. But I cannot locate my HIGH.lua file to make the suggested changes on the first page. Any hint as to where it may be? I even did a search on my PC and cannot locate it.

Thanks in advance for any help-

DCS/config/terrain/high.lua

Good luck :thumbup:

g8PjVMw.png

I'm sorry if this has already been answered earlier in the thread but what is the difference between this mod and the "Low and Slow" texture mod by the same author? Are they compatible with eachother?

This one is more for fastmovers. Low and slow is more for helo pilots. Personally i prefer this one.

g8PjVMw.png

only problem I see with this texture map mods , that it over lays villages with farm land on mountain slopes, apart from that its great.[/url]

Try using the alternative one from this thread, removes that problem

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=1946256&postcount=167

the ideal situation would be to have the mountains have their own separate texture, but unfortunately it's shared across the whole map.

How does one ensure correct installation of sweetfx, and verify if it is on and working?

You will see a marked difference in colour and contrast compared to the default graphics, you can also enable and disable sweet fx on the fly using scroll lock key to see the difference.

• 2 weeks later...

I've uploaded a JSGME installable version of my Villages mod incorporating Toby's Enhanced Terrain textures and Rocky's Trees here

Intel i9-9900KF @5.2GHz

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]