DCS Enhanced Terrain (Texture Mod)

toby23

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sweet FX allows you to edit and apply post process special fx to your games, for example bloom, realistic lighting, saturation and colour vibrance, old film grain fx etc etc.

With the correct settings for your monitor and graphic card, you can transform how your game looks.

Edited by toby23

Ryzen 5800X, 32GB RAM, RTX 3060

You will need the Sweet FX 64 bit files from HERE.

Geert post a screenshot of what you see now and what you see when you've got Sweet FX working!

So Toby,

* Redownloaded your terrain mod because the 4 noise-files were still the old ones in DCS (guess something went wrong) !

* Downloaded SWFX 64 and extracted it to the bin-folder...copied your settings to same folder and replaced.

Now there is a difference...wow...more realistic...if necessary can show a screenshot after the mod but not (anymore) before...but i see the difference...very nice work, man !

One last question : can we add something more with a SweetFX Configurator ?

Thx for a job well done ! :thumbup::smartass:

Thanks Geert, I'm glad that so many of you are enjoying it!

Spend some time with the Sweet Fx settings, you can Alt+Tab out of DCS and change the settings and then go back to the game to see your changes, no need to restart every time.

And don't forget, every Repair or patch or update will replace my textures with the stock ones, so you'll need to copy them back.

Spend some time with the Sweet Fx settings, you can Alt+Tab out of DCS and change the settings and then go back to the game to see your changes, no need to restart every time.

And don't forget, every Repair or patch or update will replace my textures with the stock ones, so you'll need to copy them back.

I have installed sweet fx but I dont see any change, even tried making ekstreme adjustment in the sweet fx setting. I have extracted the all the files from the sweet fx into the bin folder, do I need to do anything more? The is a folder called Sweetfx? Maybe a couple of screenshots to show where to put the folders and how it should look once installed? :helpsmilie:/files

Here is mine

attachment.php?attachmentid=87637&stc=1&d=1378915327

*** EDIT/ OK DISREGARD this post........I had the wrong SWEETFX version! needed the 64bit. Now I have to learn how to read the thread before posting my issues!

Unavngivet.thumb.jpg.632e823fbb0ebfdfe146b69de7a2d159.jpg

Edited by Chazz_BMF

:pilotfly:Wolfpack Production:pilotfly:

-=<[WiN 10, I7 3770K @ 4,5 Ghz, Corsair H100i, Sabertooth Z77, 16 GB Dominator, Sapphire 7970 VaporX 6GB, C70 Vengance, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Saitek Pro rudder, Track IR, Beyerdynamics MMX 300 ]>=-

DCS/FC2/FC3/Arma videos on my channel:

https://www.youtube.com/user/WolfpackproductionDK

"Fortes Furtuna Juvat"

:book:I assume you are talking about the 4 different noisefiles and not about your SweetFX-settings when there is a new patch from DCS ?? How many WOW-posts do you need before DCS applies YOUR files ? :megalol:

I have installed sweet fx but I dont see any change, even tried making ekstreme adjustment in the sweet fx setting. I have extracted the all the files from the sweet fx into the bin folder, do I need to do anything more? The is a folder called Sweetfx? Maybe a couple of screenshots to show where to put the folders and how it should look once installed? :helpsmilie:/files

Here is mine

attachment.php?attachmentid=87637&stc=1&d=1378915327

*** EDIT/ OK DISREGARD this post........I had the wrong SWEETFX version! needed the 64bit. Now I have to learn how to read the thread before posting my issues!

:drunk:

Toby,

Virustotal claims the SweetFX package found in your link is infected:

https://www.virustotal.com/fi/file/5d32d86cafe5a23163f5ccad7275ce7b72d4ccbc832737e15f28481a6c07586b/analysis/1378916392/

Is this a false positive or something to be concerned about?

I would never knowingly recommend something with a virus in it.

I use the files that I linked to and I use ESET, one of the best anti virus programs around.

False positive I guess.

:book:I assume you are talking about the 4 different noisefiles and not about your SweetFX-settings when there is a new patch from DCS ?? How many WOW-posts do you need before DCS applies YOUR files ? :megalol:

You will only need to replace my textures.

Sweet FX is untouched as it's not a core DCS file.

I have constant crashes with SweetFX files.

"DCS has stopped working" several minutes after starting any mission.

When i delete SweetFX files, all runs smooth and fine.

I´m using 64 bits files and nvidia 326.80 beta drivers.

" You must think in russian.."

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 7 Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6-SSD Samsung EVO 860- MSI GTX 1080 - 16G RAM - 1920x1080 27´

Hotas Rhino X-55-MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals -Track IR 4

Toby its fantastic it was good before and now I have got the 64bit version and finally worked out what you meant by your settings its even better now thanks for this and I am running it through JSGME working a treat.

Eagles may soar high but weasel's don't get sucked into jet engines.

System Spec.

Monitors: Samsung 570DX & Rift CV1

Mobo: MSI Godlike gaming X-99A

CPU: Intel i7 5930K @ 3.50Ghz

RAM: 32gb

GPU: EVGA Nvidia GTX 980Ti VR Ready

Cooling: Predator 360

Power Supply: OCZ ZX Series 80 Plus Gold

Drives: Samsung SSD's 1tb, 500g plus others with OS Win10 64 bit

Really, the texture is great, thx toby23, especially with SweetFX addon. But there is one problem. Now the screenshots are stored in the bin folder (as bmp format) and in users/saved games folder (as jpg format).

Whether be possible to exclude storing screenshots, which makes SweetFX, in the bin folder ?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]Everything is possible ...