Memory leak in DCS?

bkthunder

is it just me or DCS is eating up A LOT more ram than it used to? I have 8Gb, never had any problems at all, but now I get this annying windows message saying DCS used all the RAM.

Anybody else?

Windows 10 - Intel i7 7700K 4.2 Ghz (no OC) - Asus Strix GTX 1080 8Gb - 16GB DDR4 (3000 MHz) - SSD 500GB + WD Black FZEX 1TB 6Gb/s

Yeah, for me it was mostly noticeable in multiplayer since 1.2.5. I had 6 gig of memory and DCS.exe would use up to 4 gig and crash. I upgraded my PC to 10 gig of ram and it uses anywhere from 3.5 to 5 gig in multiplayer but my crashes have stopped.

Steve (Slick)

ThrustMaster T.Flight Hotas X | TrackIR5 Pro | EVGA GTX 1070 | Win10 64-bit Professional | Dell Precision 7920 Workstation | 1 TB SSD | 128 GB Memory | Dual Intel Xeon Platinum 2.0 GHz 16 Core Processors (64 Total w/HT ON) | 24" Dell Monitor

I have 4 gig and DCS has been running very poorly since 1.2.5 for me. I suspect this is the problem.

Not only that, when I exit DCS after it has crashed, my computer is almost at a standstill until I reset it (shutdown takes about 2-3 mins alone).

[url=http://www.aef-hq.com.au/aef4/forumdisplay.php?262-Digital-Combat-Simulator][SIGPIC]http://img856.imageshack.us/img856/2500/a10161sqnsignitureedite.png[/SIGPIC][/url]

Ok, glad I'm not alone.

I also notice it way more in multiplayer, I have 8Gb and DCS uses 5 to 6. Multiplayer gets very very choppy sometimes.

This started with 1.2.5 also for me.

Windows 10 - Intel i7 7700K 4.2 Ghz (no OC) - Asus Strix GTX 1080 8Gb - 16GB DDR4 (3000 MHz) - SSD 500GB + WD Black FZEX 1TB 6Gb/s

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks Mustang. In my case I've always had mine set to 2Gig fixed. So for me that wasn't the issue. Since my memory upgrade, I've been fine.

Steve (Slick)

ThrustMaster T.Flight Hotas X | TrackIR5 Pro | EVGA GTX 1070 | Win10 64-bit Professional | Dell Precision 7920 Workstation | 1 TB SSD | 128 GB Memory | Dual Intel Xeon Platinum 2.0 GHz 16 Core Processors (64 Total w/HT ON) | 24" Dell Monitor

Thanks Mustang. In my case I've always had mine set to 2Gig fixed. So for me that wasn't the issue. Since my memory upgrade, I've been fine.

You have your cache file set to use "2gigs fixed" of the 10 you have installed? tell me I am misreading that?

I watched one of your Aerobatics shows.........Mannnnn! that is to cool for school, pulling those moves off, even

in a Simulator is something to see. Had my Son watch it too.

Mustang: Can memory leaks even happen anymore with the new ver. of C++ Programming Language? I would think not, unless the definition of mem. leak has evolved to something other than its definition in the 90s.

Edited by AtaliaA1

This was a Boutique Builder iBuypower rig. Until I got the tinker bug again i7 920 @3.6Mhz 12Gig Corsair XMS3 ram 1600 Nvidia 760 SLi w/4Gig DDR5 Ram Intel 310 SSD HDD 160 Gb + Western Digital 4Terabyte HDD Creative SB X-Fi HD Audio Logitech X-530 5.1 Surround Speaker System Dual Acer 32"Monitors. PSU 1200 w Thermaltake Win10 64Bit.

I may be getting terminology mixed up there. I meant my page file is set for 2 Gig on the main hard drive.

Steve (Slick)

I may be getting terminology mixed up there. I meant my page file is set for 2 Gig on the main hard drive.

With 10Gigs of Ram your Min. is 2Gigs and your max is set to like 27Gigs then. using an over clockers methodology that is.

This was a Boutique Builder iBuypower rig. Until I got the tinker bug again i7 920 @3.6Mhz 12Gig Corsair XMS3 ram 1600 Nvidia 760 SLi w/4Gig DDR5 Ram Intel 310 SSD HDD 160 Gb + Western Digital 4Terabyte HDD Creative SB X-Fi HD Audio Logitech X-530 5.1 Surround Speaker System Dual Acer 32"Monitors. PSU 1200 w Thermaltake Win10 64Bit.

Hmm interesting. For some reason after having already 1 multi player server joined and joining another i get the standard connection interrupted. The only resolve is a full OS hardware reboot like something is wiped from the RAM after the power loss. Nothing is acting faulty or no not responding programs. Always the reboot when i want to join another server. This is with 1.2.6.

Multi-Player errors

Hmm interesting. For some reason after having already 1 multi player server joined and joining another i get the standard connection interrupted. The only resolve is a full OS hardware reboot like something is wiped from the RAM after the power loss. Nothing is acting faulty or no not responding programs. Always the reboot when i want to join another server. This is with 1.2.6.

You may want to go back to 1.2.5 for multi playing, till they work out the bugs anyway.

Smth's goin' on. I have 8 GB od RAM and first time in my history, I was surprised by low memory Windows' message. Definitely there is huge memory leak.

Reminder: Fighter pilots make movies. Bomber pilots make... HISTORY! :D | Also to be remembered: FRENCH TANKS HAVE ONE GEAR FORWARD AND FIVE BACKWARD :D

ಠ_ಠ