DCS World environmental shaders mod

Mustang...there's something I think I'm missing...

Are you testing this mod also on NVIDIA or only on AMD?

I use AMD HD 7850 2gb card but i don't own any nVidia card, why is there some problem?

Edited by Mustang

• Replies 774
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As far as I understand from other posts in this thread and from other's experience (eg plane smoke) it seems like They render data differently.

The same with haze.

Just wondering if we, NVIDIA users, are getting the same optimized scene...

Not that I'm complaining lol because I enjoy your work immensely!

jgVplRQ.png

...nVidia card, why is there some problem?!

For me no problems with your mod on Nvidia.

Many ppl think that your mod will solve exhaust trails visibilti because AMD users see it far than Nvidia.

Немој ништа силом, узми већи чекић!

MSI Tomahawk MAX | Ryzen 7 3700x | 32GB DDR4 3200MHz | RX 5700 XT OC Red Dragon 8GB | VPC Throttle CM3 + VPC Constellation ALPHA on VPC WarBRD Base | HP Reverb G2

Youtube Follow Me on TWITCH! 

very good this one, but yea as far as seeing exhaust trails from very far try your HDR settings.

unfortunately I'm having graphical anomalies from this version in MP.

Edited by Mastiff

" any failure you meet, is never a defeat; merely a set up for a greater come back, "  W Forbes

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts,"  Winston Churchill

" He who never changes his mind, never changes anything," 

MSI z690MPG DDR4 || i914900k|| ddr4-64gb PC3200 || MSI RTX 4070Ti|Game1300w|Win10x64| |turtle beach elite pro 5.1|| ViRpiL,T50cm2|| MFG Crosswinds|| VT50CM-plus rotor Throttle || G10 RGB EVGA Keyboard/MouseLogitech || PiMax Crystal VR || 32 Samsung||

very good this one, but yea as far as seeing exhaust trails from very far try your HDR settings.

unfortunately I'm having graphical anomalies from this version in MP.

Which version? 5.27 or the latest 5.28? also could you describe better the anomalies that you're seeing.

Which version? 5.27 or the latest 5.28? also could you describe better the anomalies that you're seeing.

wired shadows across the front of cockpit, F15c

missiles contrails that are not even around me

" any failure you meet, is never a defeat; merely a set up for a greater come back, "  W Forbes

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts,"  Winston Churchill

MSI z690MPG DDR4 || i914900k|| ddr4-64gb PC3200 || MSI RTX 4070Ti|Game1300w|Win10x64| |turtle beach elite pro 5.1|| ViRpiL,T50cm2|| MFG Crosswinds|| VT50CM-plus rotor Throttle || G10 RGB EVGA Keyboard/MouseLogitech || PiMax Crystal VR || 32 Samsung||

wired shadows across the front of cockpit, F15c

missiles contrails that are not even around me

This does not sound like anything associated with my mods so i don't know, might of been a problem with the MP session itself.

This does not sound like anything associated with my mods so i don't know, might of been a problem with the MP session itself.

more than likely, I was getting booted from S77th server every 10 min. and was a lot of warping. Server showed before log in at 7777 ping, but when in game I was pinging at 65.

So not sure if it was the number of aircraft in there, (27) at the time.

Is there something to prevent clouds from dissapearing when pausing/switching views?

I might have missed reading it, but it's a pity if you are enjoying the view so much.

just pause then F2 and then F1 back and forth, its 3D rendering issue, in the game itself nothing to do with the views.

Thanks, will try to keep the clouds alive with that.

The best way to stop clouds disappearing is to stay only in cockpit or F2 view like Mastiff says, it's when you start jumping around the map on F11 that the clouds start to vanish (also the further east to west you travel on map the more likely the clouds will go)

On a side note, dynamic weather clouds are not affected by this bug.

Quick dirty test using openbeta with no mods and my 1.2.8 with Clouds and Sky Plus latest update, PeterP HDR, Desert mod, Rangers base mod and Beczels vehicle pack.

No significant gain/loss with either install.

F1 view in F15C average 44FPS

F2 view F15C@ 30000 88FPS:)

Cloud Base 600 to 1520 Density 6 no rain

Nvidia user:thumbup:

Edited by Cibit

i5 8600k@5.2Ghz, Asus Prime A Z370, 32Gb DDR4 3000, GTX1080 SC, Oculus Rift CV1, Modded TM Warthog Modded X52 Collective, Jetseat, W10 Pro 64

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Quick dirty test using openbeta with no mods and my 1.2.8 with Clouds and Sky Plus latest update, PeterP HDR, Desert mod, Rangers base mod and Beczels vehicle pack.

No significant gain/loss with either install.

F1 view in F15C average 44FPS

F2 view F15C@ 30000 88FPS:)

Nvidia user:thumbup:

Useful info, but could you try a quick bench comparison between v5.28 and an earlier version like 5.25?

v5.29 is up, i am attempting to adjust the sky colour/lighting band gradients so they're pushed further from camera and lower on the horizon, so far i quite like the look of these adjustments.

pics

pics

Nearly 4am here so i'm heading to sleep soon, i'll probably take some later.

edit: well here's one, you can see the colour/light bands are squeezed lower in the sky giving the impression of greater distance of horizon, the effect is subtle - it's something you have to try yourself to see the difference.

tfLhJf0.png

Edited by Mustang

Ok looks good, I was flying it and it seems to have a mirror effect over water. Kind of a silver effect too ,with some weird lines effect over the water.

Edited by Mastiff

Water looked fine for me, very nice update IMO.

VR Cockpit (link):

Custom Throttletek F/A-18C Throttle w/ Hall Sensors + Otto switches | Slaw Device RX Viper Pedals w/ Damper | VPC T-50 Base + 15cm Black Sahaj Extension + TM Hornet or Warthog Grip | Super Warthog Wheel Stand Pro | Steelcase Leap V2 + JetSeat SE

VR Rig:

Pimax 5K+ | ASUS ROG Strix 1080Ti | Intel i7-9700K | Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master | Corsair H115i RGB Platinum | 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 3200 | Dell U3415W Curved 3440x1440

Some weird lines in the sea.

I saw that lines also. They are appearing just very briefly. I didn't know why they were appeared but I have associate them to multiplayer lag/spike, because in the same time I have seen other players warping more or less. I have 5.27 version installed for Nvidia 770 and AMD R9 and saw the same behaviour on both.

However, never saw it on singleplayer.

Romanian Community for DCS World

HW Specs: AMD 7900X, 64GB RAM, RTX 4090, HOTAS Virpil, MFG, CLS-E, custom