11 Pictures of Abandoned Russian Mi-8...

Hello,

I don't know for you but if one day I live the same situation I take my mechanic tools and I disassemble the best parts and I expose the more beautiful pieces inside my house because it's a crazy situation, found one complete helicopter like that it's a dream, no ?

Here eleven photos awesome and incredible:

mi_8_06.jpg

mi_8_05.jpg

mi_8_04.jpg

mi_8_03.jpg

mi_8_02.jpg

mi_8_01.jpg

mi_8_11.jpg

mi_8_10.jpg

mi_8_09.jpg

mi_8_08.jpg

mi_8_07.jpg

PS:

The source of these photos: http://celebintro.blogspot.fr/2010/10/11-pictures-of-abandoned-russian-mi-8.html

Bye, Skull.

Thats what mine looks like after every landing

LOL, it's just a question of training ^^

Bye, Skull.

Hello Namenlos Ein,

It was not abandoned.

This rescue it's a good end, because it's not a good place for one copter to finish abandonned in the middle of the snow...

Thanks for your videos and link, best regards. Skull

This rescue it's a good end, because it's not a good place for one copter to finish abandoned in the middle of the snow...

I actually disagree. Sure, now it's gonna be flown off to some base, and maybe restored, maybe not. Either way, in the end of the day it will be phased out and completely wrecked and recycled most likely, with absolutely nothing of it remaining. If it'd been left up there, it'd have sort of become one with nature and been left in place for generations to come. Just like with medieval weaponry and armour, most of what we have to look at isn't what made it home from the battlefield, but what was left behind.

If it'd been left up there, it'd have sort of become one with nature and been left in place for generations to come. Just like with medieval weaponry and armour, most of what we have to look at isn't what made it home from the battlefield, but what was left behind.

Yes you have right, I think like you about this Mi-8 if he must be destroy, it's sad but what can we do ?

Bye, Skull.

Came to think of a more recent example: If we want to look at a WW2 plane or ship today, in person, which are there more of: Those that got shot down/sunk and are at the bottom of the sea, or those that survived the war and were left at the mercy of growing old? Personally, I can literally speaking only think of two WW2 era ships that are still possible to see without diving gear, the USS Missouri and the HMS Belfast. There's probably a few more, but even compared to those that were sunk in relatively accessible depths, they're bound to be outnumbered.

Long story short, growing old at the mercy of the military that's operating it is more dangerous to any military vehicle than being blown to bits/sunk/shot down/crashed if it actually wants to stay around.

Thanks for the correction, I admit I'm not a Mi-8 expert and that windshield bugged me ^^

Ok so this is a AMTSh, I must remember lol

And a question : are there many common points with the good old Mi-8 and the new one from Russian Helicopters ( can't even remember the name ) ?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

CPL(A)IR ME/SEP/MEP/SET - CPL(H)

And a question : are there many common points with the good old Mi-8 and the new one from Russian Helicopters ( can't even remember the name ) ?

Mi-171A2? (or whatever the name of the week is, it used to be the Mi-17V-7 (Mi-8MTV-7)

Yeah they are still mostly the same, although the new one has significant upgrades (engines, main rotor, tail rotor, APU). The "basic" systems are still mostly the same.

Ok thanks !

I ( sadly ) only saw a Mi-8 twice in my little life,

Once in Greece, seeing one over the see ( I was about 3kms from it so hard to tell details ... ) and the other one at Dakar, Senegal, making a high speed low pass just over my uncle house... I was impressed, hearing the " rotating scissor " since around 30 seconds before realizing a Mi-8 was diving on me ^^

I always said that the Mi-8 sound is a mix between an Ecureuil ( AS-350 ) and something bigger and heavier ... the flap flap of the main rotor blades are around the same, as the 350 got three blades but spin faster than the slow 192 nominal RRPM of the Mi-8 5 blade rotor system ... and the tail rotor, same explanation, what do you think about the sound ( even if yes, it is distinctive, I never heard two helos got so close sound ... )

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

CPL(A)IR ME/SEP/MEP/SET - CPL(H)