ECM

Diegeist

"So you would prefer that nothing changes? No additional content, no updates, no bug fixes?"

Why yes of course,that is exactly what I meant. :doh:

Chocolate medallion for Sherlock there. :smilewink:

Nah,a game that worked well on my shoebox would be great though.

Mick. :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]Keep the faith

AMD PHENOM II X 4 955be @3.2 GHZ | ASUS M4A88TD-V EVO mb | Corsair XMS3-8GB Dual Channel DDR3 Memory | Nvidea GTX 580 GDDR5 GPU | CNPS9900 NT cooler | Corsair HX850W psu | Seagate Barracuda 500GB HD 300 MBps - 7200 rpm | WIN 7 64bit | 32" HD LCD TV | 5.1 surround sound | wireless keyboard and mouse | Saitek x45 hotas.

"So you would prefer that nothing changes? No additional content, no updates, no bug fixes?"

3instein, Looking at your system specs (and mine) the minimum RAM recommendation is now 6GB, Recomended 8GB.

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=114431

It is time to upgrade!

Mods I use: KA-50 JTAC - Better Fire and Smoke - Unchain Rudder from trim KA50 - Sim FFB for G940 - Beczl Rocket Pods Updated!

Processor: Intel Q6600 @ 3.00GHz

GPU: GeForce MSI RTX 2060 6GB

RAM: Crucial 8GB DDR2

HDD: 1TBGB Crucial SSD

Peripherals: Logitech G940 Hotas, TrackiR 5, Voice Activated commands , Sharkoon 5.1 headset. ,Touch Control for iPad, JoyToKey

3instein, Looking at your system specs (and mine) the minimum RAM recommendation is now 6GB, Recomended 8GB.

It is time to upgrade!

And what does that have to do with the broken ATC, AAR, ECM, AI and so on? I recently bought a new PC just to be up-to-date with the DCS specs - but it did not fix the bugs we all know about.

I among others are still not satisfied with the current never ending bug list. The bugs have eaten up or beloved combat simulator, when we can´t even contact ATC or refuel during a combat mission. Not to speak about the terrible AI behavior.

I have no intention on being rude towards ED nor any one else. But we must be realistic and don´t hush hush it all the time - DCS are being eaten up by bugs despite good PC specs.

[sIGPIC]sigpic70266_4.gif[/sIGPIC]

Snooze-81st-vFS

Well, I asked because I find the idea a bit odd. Yes, I do see the bugs, too. And yes, I don't like them neither. But following your approach we would be now stuck with one Ka-50 and one A-10C ... that couldn't even fly together.

Btw, you are aware that you still can download the older versions (I think 1.1.1.1)?

It is time to upgrade!

Thanks for the tip buddy,never knew that.Time to bite the bullet I think.

I do see what ED are trying to do,honest,and it is a really good sim and have definetly had my money's worth,but the bugs and pathetic loading times,re-fly after crash etc,are just spoiling it for me at the moment TBH.

Maybe after a healthy upgrade I will fair better,but I think ED has still got loads to get straight to make it enjoyable for all.Just my opinion is all.

Cheers,

AMD PHENOM II X 4 955be @3.2 GHZ | ASUS M4A88TD-V EVO mb | Corsair XMS3-8GB Dual Channel DDR3 Memory | Nvidea GTX 580 GDDR5 GPU | CNPS9900 NT cooler | Corsair HX850W psu | Seagate Barracuda 500GB HD 300 MBps - 7200 rpm | WIN 7 64bit | 32" HD LCD TV | 5.1 surround sound | wireless keyboard and mouse | Saitek x45 hotas.

And what does that have to do with the broken ATC, AAR, ECM, AI and so on? I recently bought a new PC just to be up-to-date with the DCS specs - but it did not fix the bugs we all know about.

I among others are still not satisfied with the current never ending bug list. The bugs have eaten up or beloved combat simulator, when we can´t even contact ATC or refuel during a combat mission. Not to speak about the terrible AI behavior.

I have no intention on being rude towards ED nor any one else. But we must be realistic and don´t hush hush it all the time - DCS are being eaten up by bugs despite good PC specs.

Yeah it was a bit off topic, but the said he was flying a shoebox and im not sure what he ment so I looked at his specs and just wanted to point out that we are both running below recommended RAM specs.

Im not saying upgrading the RAM with give you more features or fix bugs (apart from crashes when DCS runs out of memory)

3instein you could really speed up loading times by getting a fast SSD, thats what I did.

Edited by jib

Mods I use: KA-50 JTAC - Better Fire and Smoke - Unchain Rudder from trim KA50 - Sim FFB for G940 - Beczl Rocket Pods Updated!

Processor: Intel Q6600 @ 3.00GHz

GPU: GeForce MSI RTX 2060 6GB

RAM: Crucial 8GB DDR2

HDD: 1TBGB Crucial SSD

Peripherals: Logitech G940 Hotas, TrackiR 5, Voice Activated commands , Sharkoon 5.1 headset. ,Touch Control for iPad, JoyToKey

...the bugs and pathetic loading times,re-fly after crash etc,are just spoiling it for me at the moment TBH.

Are you serious? 4 gigs of RAM and a platter and you're going to blame the devs for poor load times and "spoiling it" for you? And a 5850 driving a 32" monitor...

Don't get me wrong- there are plenty of things to snipe about but just dog piling on the above issues with your antiquated equipment list is just cheerleading at a funeral.

On topic, ECM isn't broken- it's "simplified."

"ENO"

Type in anger and you will make the greatest post you will ever regret.

"Sweetest's" Military Aviation Art

Are you serious? 4 gigs of RAM and a platter and you're going to blame the devs for poor load times and "spoiling it" for you? And a 5850 driving a 32" monitor...

Don't get me wrong- there are plenty of things to snipe about but just dog piling on the above issues with your antiquated equipment list is just cheerleading at a funeral.

On topic, ECM isn't broken- it's "simplified."

And Eno gets the chocolate watch this time. :doh:

Please tell me where I blame the devs for anything? If you actually read my post I said it was spoiling MY enjoyment,mine all mine,and I think I am well aware of what my "antiquated" system can and can't do M8.

Last time I checked an SSD wasn't a required asset,albeit I am aware of the benefits.

Obviously I am the only one to ever suffer from these "cheerleading at a funeral" afflictions. :smilewink:

Better upgrade then all will be well in the world eh?

To any of the ED guys: Are there any solid plans to ever update ECM? Or is this the final implementation barring some change of plans? To be frank, while I like authenticity, I'd rather see a best guess of systems implemented than something that is completely or nearly ineffective. I mean I really don't know how any of this stuff works, so if you do a good enough job of faking it, it's good enough for me.

To any of the ED guys: Are there any solid plans to ever update ECM? Or is this the final implementation barring some change of plans? To be frank, while I like authenticity, I'd rather see a best guess of systems implemented than something that is completely or nearly ineffective. I mean I really don't know how any of this stuff works, so if you do a good enough job of faking it, it's good enough for me.

Everythings according to change! No official on ECM - but the future might bring us that - who knows! :)

[sIGPIC]sigpic70266_4.gif[/sIGPIC]

Snooze-81st-vFS