BitDefender and DCS_updater.exe

c0ff

• ED Team
Looks like BitDefender prevents DCS_updater.exe either from running or from operating correctly.

There's nothing we can do here. DCS updater does have a valid digital signature and operates in a way any updater will, it does not use any tricks.

Please, file complaints to BitDefender so they will either fix their program or whitelist the DCS.

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=119690

I will merge this discussion as it has been covered many times

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

• ED Team

They are aware, as you can see from the quote from c0ff from the ED Team

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Hi , I just installed DCS World 1.5 beta with no problem , however when I come to update and install modules I find the only way I can proceed is to disable my

Kaspersky Internet Security during the download and installation.

This is totally unacceptable in this current gaming environment !

My friend has the same problem with Bitdefender , no other product has this flaw , and we should not have to open up our system defenses to threats just to be able to enjoy a product we have payed money for .

So please , give us a secure way of playing this great product .

Strange: I have also Kaspersky Internet Security installed, but had no problem at all during any DSC1.5 open beta installation, update or modules.

ASUS Z170 PRO Gaming || i7x6700K@4.6GHz || Noctua NH-U14S || Corsair16GB DDR4 - 3000MHz || Asus Strix GTX-1080 TI-11GB || TrackIr 5Pro || Saitek x-55 Rhino || Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals || Win10 pro

If by any chance your Security Suite also has a firewall function, or takes control of the windows one, make very sure you allow ALL DCS related traffic, inbound and outbound. There are more ports than 10308 tcp that need attention if your FW also blocks outgoing.

If it is firewalling related, this thread lists all ports needed:

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=120856&highlight=port+xmpp

Gigabyte Aorus X570S Master - Ryzen 5900X - Gskill 64GB 3200/CL14@3600/CL14 - Asus 1080ti EK-waterblock - 4x Samsung 980Pro 1TB - 1x Samsung 870 Evo 1TB - 1x SanDisc 120GB SSD - Heatkiller IV - MoRa3-360LT@9x120mm Noctua F12 - Corsair AXi-1200 - TiR5-Pro - Warthog Hotas - Saitek Combat Pedals - Asus PG278Q 27" QHD Gsync 144Hz - Corsair K70 RGB Pro - Win11 Pro/Linux - Phanteks Evolv-X 

Thanks , but this doesn't solve anything , Kaspersky and Bitdefender users shouldnt have to disable their protection to be able to play a product they have a lot of money invested in.

ED need to be made aware of this issue .

Maybe you should rethink why you are using Kapersky or Bitdefender in the first place. Is someone forcing you to use these programs? Are they really necessary? Are they causing more harm than good? Are you using them just out of old habit, from the time when Windows didn't have it's own built in protection, which doesn't come at any extra cost, doesn't bother you without reason and is perfectly viable protection?

Strange: I have also Kaspersky Internet Security installed, but had no problem at all during any DSC1.5 open beta installation, update or modules.

Thanks but I get a HTTP error when launching the updater , and download is cancelled .

All my Kaspersky settings are default , and all DCS programs are labelled as trusted .

• ED Team

Sometimes the over protective antivirus will mess with the updater, you can replace it by following this link.

http://updates.digitalcombatsimulator.com/

In BitDefender, I simply added both DCS folders in the Programs folder to the BitDefenders 'Exclusions' and I have no issues updating even with BitDefender firewall enabled, windows Defender is disabled along with Windows firewall

Windows 10 Pro - 64 Bit / ASUS ROG Strix B650E-F Gaming / AMD 7800X3D / G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO 64GB DDR5 6000 Ram / SSD M.2 SK hynix Platinum P41 2TB / MSI Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 SUPRIM Liquid X 24G / SteelSeries Arctis 7 Headset /LG-Ultragear 38" IPS LED Ultrawide HD Monitor (3840 x 1600) / Track IR4 / Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals / Virpil HOTAS VPC Constellation ALPHA-R & VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle

In BitDefender, I simply added both DCS folders in the Programs folder to the BitDefenders 'Exclusions' and I have no issues updating even with BitDefender firewall enabled, windows Defender is disabled along with Windows firewall

Problem solved !

I also gave the DCS updater.exe some additional freedoms in Kaspersky , network and antivirus scanning exclusions over and above the default trusted settings. And I can now update

without any problem.

:thumbup:

This problem with BitDefender has been flaky for me for a long time. But lately it has fixed itself somehow. I did add the exe's to the exclusion list, but that didn't make any difference. Then a few days later I stopped having problems..

I had put in a ticket with DCS support. But it fixed itself before I got a reply. But here is their reply, which I will try next time it starts to fail again...

This is from a support ticket from DCS:

bitdefender have so many options, it has an SSL analyse and if you turned it off it should help to work.

Menu-Protection-Protection WEB-Analyse SSL

Intel I9-10850K (OC @ 5.0ghz) │ Asus Maximus XII Hero │ G.Skill Ripjaws 64GB (4x16GB) DDR4 3200 │ Thermaltake Water 360mm
Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24gb │ 2TB M.2 EVO Pro; 1T M.2 EVO; Sandisk SSD Drives │ 49" Samsung Curved Widescreen │ 28" Touchscreen

- ҉ - Blackshark Cockpit Trainer - ҉ -    Thread   | Download

This problem with BitDefender has been flaky for me for a long time. But lately it has fixed itself somehow. I did add the exe's to the exclusion list, but that didn't make any difference. Then a few days later I stopped having problems..

I had put in a ticket with DCS support. But it fixed itself before I got a reply. But here is their reply, which I will try next time it starts to fail again...

This is from a support ticket from DCS:

Maybe because you are excluding specific files? When I add exclusions for DCS, I exclude the entire DCS Directory. I have DCS and the DCS Beta Directory, also the saved games directory just to cover them.

Windows 10 Pro - 64 Bit / ASUS ROG Strix B650E-F Gaming / AMD 7800X3D / G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO 64GB DDR5 6000 Ram / SSD M.2 SK hynix Platinum P41 2TB / MSI Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 SUPRIM Liquid X 24G / SteelSeries Arctis 7 Headset /LG-Ultragear 38" IPS LED Ultrawide HD Monitor (3840 x 1600) / Track IR4 / Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals / Virpil HOTAS VPC Constellation ALPHA-R & VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle