communications menù

Aviators

• ED Team
Please, use fresh input file (not from previous version) and RALT+\ to open radio menu.

PS Actually, there is a small issue - the key should be in Cyclic stick category, not the collective.:)

My "\" key just started working all on its own, I didnt do anything different so not sure what happened.

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

OK, this may explain why I am having trouble in both A10C and Ka50. My comms menu wont appear, or if it does, ATC, JTAC and Wingmen do not respond as the radio is stuck on Interphone.

I am aware of the dial that should be pressed/turned to get OFF Interphone, but the radio seems stuck there on A10C no matter what I click, and Blackshark just doesnt GIVE a comms menu.

Now you say we need to fool around with .lua files?

What? Not acceptable. This is a bug that needs to be addressed and fixed. I, the paying customer, am not the one that should be having to delve into files to makes corrections to your product. When a patch arrives, it should UPDATE and fix issues. Previous files should not overide the new version.

Craziness.

Now you say we need to fool around with .lua files?

As far as I've understood there's no need for that if you're using new config files, you just have to have the radios mapped correctly. Or did I miss something?

The DCS Mi-8MTV2. The best aviational BBW experience you could ever dream of.

i'm gonna rename myself mr obvious but i'd like to point out that on UK keyboards the default comms key (with various modifiers) is the one with ~ and # on it next to the enter button and not the one over by left shift that has \ marked on it. Try it while assigning keys in dcs (if you have a uk keyboard that is)

Ok guys. For those with a lot of custom keyboard commands, like me, I've found a solution to use your old config files. The new trick is to use the SPU-9 PTT button but that one is new for this version and thus, not included in our old profiles.

1. First make backups of your own profiles located at Saved Games\DCS\Config\Input\ka-50

2. Now open the file: Saved Games\DCS\Config\Input\ka-50\keyboard\keyboard.lua

3. Find this line using CTRL+F.

{combos = {{key = "/", reformers = {"LCtrl", "LAlt", }}, }, down = iCommandPlane_SPU9_radio_change, name = "SPU-9 Radio communicator selector", category = "Systems"}

4. Place this line in front of the previous line and make sure this new line is correctly separated by comma's at both ends.

{combos = {{key = "\\", reformers = {"RAlt", }}, }, down = iCommandPlane_SPU9_PTT_on, up = iCommandPlane_SPU9_PTT_off, name = "SPU-9 PTT", category = "Ins Collective Stick"},

5. Save file and open DCS. Your keyboard profile is preserved and the SPU-9 PTT is now in the list. This will be your new button for comms. Save the new profile in DCS to ensure compatibility with next versions.

'Frett'

Ok guys. For those with a lot of custom keyboard commands, like me, I've found a solution to use your old config files. The new trick is to use the SPU-9 PTT button but that one is new for this version and thus, not included in our old profiles.

1. First make backups of your own profiles located at Saved Games\DCS\Config\Input\ka-50

{combos = {{key = "/", reformers = {"LCtrl", "LAlt", }}, }, down = iCommandPlane_SPU9_radio_change, name = "SPU-9 Radio communicator selector", category = "Systems"}

4. Place this line in front of the previous line and make sure this new line is correctly separated by comma's at both ends.

{combos = {{key = "\\", reformers = {"RAlt", }}, }, down = iCommandPlane_SPU9_PTT_on, up = iCommandPlane_SPU9_PTT_off, name = "SPU-9 PTT", category = "Ins Collective Stick"},

5. Save file and open DCS. Your keyboard profile is preserved and the SPU-9 PTT is now in the list. This will be your new button for comms. Save the new profile in DCS to ensure compatibility with next versions.

thanks man :thumbup: now it works

OK, so I get the comms menu using both "\" and "RALT + \" but can't get a response from ground crew.

No refuel, rearm, repair nothing.

Ideas

Oh and I mapped from a clean install, no imported control files.

Cheers

Are you using the new rearming and refueling window (Lalt + ')?

Do you contact the ground crew either with doors open or using the intercom?

'Frett'

Thank you so much for sorting this out TH, great stuff!

• 1 month later...

TurboHog; Is "SPU-9 PTT" thing the only one difference between old version and DCS World?

Intel i7-14700@5.6GHz | MSI RTX4080 Super SuprimX | Corsair V. 32GB@6400MHz. | Samsung 1TB 990 PRO SSD (Win10Homex64)
Samsung G5 32" + Samsung 18" + 2x8"TFT Displays | Saitek X-55 Rhino & Rudder | TM MFD Cougars | Logitech G13, G230, G510, PZ55 & Farming Sim Panel | TIR5
>>MY MODS<< | Discord: Devrim#1068

TurboHog; Is "SPU-9 PTT" thing the only one difference between old version and DCS World?

Yes. The selector and other items related to the SPU-9 were there already.

In the new version the actual PTT (Push to talk) button was defined, instead of using the standard radio menu that one would use for easy comms..

'Frett'

• 3 weeks later...

I'm running dual-screen and the Comm menu isn't working at all. I normally run Helios on the right-hand screen but even with that off, so that I only have the Shkval and Abris viewports on it surrounded by empty space the comm menu doesn't appear on there either.

It's obviously not even opening in some hidden space as pressing the F keys just changes the view.

I've tried \ and R-Alt+\ I checked the keyboard.lua and that already has the line TurboHog suggests adding. I don't really understand what I'd use R-Alt+\ to PTT for anyway, as what I need is to be able to bring up the Comm menu, or are both \ and R-Alt+\ supposed to do that now?

L-Alt+' does bring up the re-arming & re-fueling menu by the way, albeit split over my two monitors (as is the loading screen but I wasn't really bothered about that).

Main rig: i5-4670k @4.4Ghz, Asus Z97-A, Scythe Kotetsu HSF, 32GB Kingston Savage 2400Mhz DDR3, 1070ti, Win 10 x64, Samsung Evo 256GB SSD (OS & Data), OCZ 480GB SSD (Games), WD 2TB and WD 3TB HDDs, 1920x1200 Dell U2412M, 1920x1080 Dell P2314T touchscreen

i'm gonna rename myself mr obvious but i'd like to point out that on UK keyboards the default comms key (with various modifiers) is the one with ~ and # on it next to the enter button and not the one over by left shift that has \ marked on it. Try it while assigning keys in dcs (if you have a uk keyboard that is)

Yeah, that's messed up. DCS sees the \ key as OEM102 and the ~/# key as \. I also don't have a right Win key and the key I do have DCS sees as Apps (I don't strictly have a R-Alt as it's marked Alt Gr but luckily DCS sees it as R-Alt, Xpadder doesn't see it at all which is rather useless), so it looks like any default mappings that use \, ~, # or R-Win won't work. I don't know if those keys are actually used for anything (other than \ for the Comms menu/SPU-9 PTT) but if so, it would be nice if ED would provide a default key-mapping that's compatible with UK keyboards.

Rather than have to remember that I have to press # instead of \ all the time, I just added a map for R-Alt+OEM102 (and just OEM102 for Communications Menu) and now I can open the Comm menu, albeit on the upper right of my right-hand monitor, so still not much use as I'll have Helios running on that so won't be able to see it.

Not sure what difference there is between Comm menu and SPU-9 PTT though as they both open the same menu.

Main rig: i5-4670k @4.4Ghz, Asus Z97-A, Scythe Kotetsu HSF, 32GB Kingston Savage 2400Mhz DDR3, 1070ti, Win 10 x64, Samsung Evo 256GB SSD (OS & Data), OCZ 480GB SSD (Games), WD 2TB and WD 3TB HDDs, 1920x1200 Dell U2412M, 1920x1080 Dell P2314T touchscreen

• 2 weeks later...

Shame to see that this wasn't fixed in 1.2.1 by simply mapping \ and OEM102 to the Comms menu by default.

• 1 month later...
and now I can open the Comm menu, albeit on the upper right of my right-hand monitor, so still not much use as I'll have Helios running on that so won't be able to see it.

Had this problem as well, but with the proper configuration of the GUI-area the communications menu has entered the main screen again :-)

Add this to your monitorsetup (evt. removing the UIMainView statement that might already be present and entering proper width and height dimensions):

Gui =
{
x = 0;
y = 0;
width = 1920;
height = 1080;
}

UIMainView = Gui

The hint by PeterP was found here: http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=84270

Edited by tietze
Rep to mr. PeterP

Please fix the KA-50 bugs :-)

Black Shark: Controller profile & setup, TrackIR profile, pit.

Warthog HOTAS: Lubing the stick and extending the stick.

Posts on howto customize switches in DCS &

Must-have mods for DCS World and KA-50 (mostly JSGME).

Casual couch pilot, watching capped.tv...

I have UIMainView = Viewports.Center which I presume does much the same thing as I have

{
    Center =
    {
         x = 0;
         y = 0;
         width  = 1920;
         height = 1200;
         viewDx = 0;
         viewDy = 0;
         aspect = 1920 / 1200;
    }
}

for GUI I have

Gui =
{
x = 448;
y = 216;
width = 1024;
height = 768
}

which I can't exactly remember why I chose that but I think someone advised to keep the GUI less than fullscreen on widescreen monitors.

Edited by doveman

for GUI I have

Gui =
{
x = 448;
y = 216;
width = 1024;
height = 768
}

You are missing a semicolon after the height variable.

Please fix the KA-50 bugs :-)

Black Shark: Controller profile & setup, TrackIR profile, pit.

Warthog HOTAS: Lubing the stick and extending the stick.

Posts on howto customize switches in DCS &

Must-have mods for DCS World and KA-50 (mostly JSGME).

Casual couch pilot, watching capped.tv...

You are missing a semicolon after the height variable.

Thanks, I actually changed it from screen.height to 768 just before posting, so obviously left out the semicolon when doing that but no doubt you've saved me a lot of time trying to work out why it wasn't working anymore :thumbup: