TM Warthog use of flaps and engine start

Wissam24

JSGME default lua ready for use with flaps and engine start.

Enjoy :)

Thanks for these files. I've been trying to get all the switches assigned and reset to how I had them in 1.27 and it's doing my head in. :cry:

I had a look at TARGET, but the manual just confused me even more.

I've backed up the original default lua files and an extra back up for the altered lua files so I can just replace them if they get lost in an update.

What extra lines do I need to add to get a switch to recognise that it's been switched off? I have assigned the Arm switch to Master Arm for example but it doesn't recognise when the switch is moved to off.

I'm sure the answer has already been posted in the many threads about this but I'm still not to clear on what extra lines I need to add.

Does anyone have a simple solution?

Cheers, Scream.

I have a Target script if u want it Knecht_ , I have added a aileron trim, track ir and Vac the script uses F15 for track ir reset and F16 for pause , Vac is set to F14, see the included XPS doc for the layout.

Track ir is set to the Pinky leaver tap to reset hold for 1 sec to pause, unpause

starter flaps and throttle work the same as the profile I posted

You must run this from the script editor not the gui.

added a track with a dodgy takeoff using the aileron trim to help.

DoraTargetScript.zip

Doratrimtakeoff.trk

Edited by BasilFaulty

Thanks for these files. I've been trying to get all the switches assigned and reset to how I had them in 1.27 and it's doing my head in. :cry:

I had a look at TARGET, but the manual just confused me even more.

I've backed up the original default lua files and an extra back up for the altered lua files so I can just replace them if they get lost in an update.

What extra lines do I need to add to get a switch to recognise that it's been switched off? I have assigned the Arm switch to Master Arm for example but it doesn't recognise when the switch is moved to off.

I'm sure the answer has already been posted in the many threads about this but I'm still not to clear on what extra lines I need to add.

Does anyone have a simple solution?

Cheers, Scream.

In order to understand what I did please read the attached link from the beginning till the end.

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=89226

The lines I added are quite in the beginning of the default.lua in the mod, under my nick name.

As for the Master Arm switch...I checked it out and there's only one state programmed for the switch...therefore it's not possible to make it a 2 way switch through DCS options.

As it is, I personally don't use Target at all and prefer to let DCS and its options lead the way.

jgVplRQ.png

As for the Master Arm switch...I checked it out and there's only one state programmed for the switch...therefore it's not possible to make it a 2 way switch through DCS options.

Actually MadCat's thread has figured this one out in this post. So Screamadelica, if you add those lines to your default.lua for the Fw190, you'll now be able to map separate switches/buttons to both Master Arm On and Master Arm Off.

• Like 1

The answer shall come from this thread...

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=89226&page=13

I'm trying to figure it out too...

No, absolutley not! The Warthog was more or less build with DCS A-10C Warthog in mind, so we may assume that quite a lot of people actually use / have it?

So why can't ED not simply do it as in the A-10C, the Sabre, the F-15C, the Hawk... you name it!

It is not that it should be toooo difficult for them... but it would save especially newcomers from e.g. Il2 or similar sims the pain to learn LUA programming in addition to the complex controls setup. :joystick:

I have lured three people into DCS and every one of them clearly stated he would have given up with the controls if I hadn't helped them... and that was without any messing around in lua files.

Sorry, but this is a serious drawback of DCS and the more you ease the pain and provide help to the people, the better!

When it is possible to offer a "prepared" profile for each plane, maybe optimized ones for X-52, TM Warthog, CH Flightstick and a plain 4-Axis Joystick why not do it!

:book::thumbup:

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

Shagrat-It is very true that setting up hotas controls can piss some off very quickly. I never got into Blackshark for that same reason when I had my X52. I found target for the Warthog pretty easy to get around with except for a few things here and there. It would be great if they made defaults for the 4 or 5 biggest joysticks surveyed or something. Fortunately the P51/FW190 were pretty easy to setup since they don't have collectives and 400 functions to program.

I have a Target script if u want it Knecht_ , I have added a aileron trim, track ir and Vac the script uses F15 for track ir reset and F16 for pause , Vac is set to F14, see the included XPS doc for the layout.

Track ir is set to the Pinky leaver tap to reset hold for 1 sec to pause, unpause

starter flaps and throttle work the same as the profile I posted

You must run this from the script editor not the gui.

added a track with a dodgy takeoff using the aileron trim to help.

How do I set up the Trackir in the Targets Gui software? Do I have to go to the DCS commands and set up trackir in there first and its so which commands do I use?

TrackIR is automatically recognized and configured by DCS! TARGET is not replacing the DCS Controls setup! TARGET merges the two Warthog parts into one programmable Stick. Also you still need to handle rudder pedals in DCS control setup, or through their own mgmt software (Saitek, if you want brakes on pedals for FC3 SFM planes)...

If you really need to tweak TrackIR, it is done in the TrackIR software. Most of the time the default profile of TrackIR is totally fine, though.

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

Is it the F15 for reset and F16 for pause you want to set up if so run the script first then open Trackir in your profile select the drop down menu for center click on the set key box and press the pinky leaver it should say F15 do the same for the pause key exept hold the pinky leaver for 1 sec and you should get F16 for the pause.

if you want to change the keys for trackir the script uses look for this line at the bottom of the script

MapKey(&Joystick, S4, TEMPO(1000));USB[0x6A], USB[0x6b],

S4 is the pinky leaver change it to what you want to use

USB[0x6A], USB[0x6b], is the codes for F15 and F16

if you click help at the top right of the script editor all the USB codes are in the manual near the bottom change them to the key u want.

If you want to use Trackir like it is setup here in your own GUI profile you can only do it using the scripteditor its easy to do tho , I use the GUI to do most of the stuff I need, then in the GUI editor click view script copy the script (Ctrl+C) close the GUI open the script editor and paste the code (Ctrl + V) and just add MapKey(&Joystick, S4, TEMPO(1000));USB[0x6A], USB[0x6b],

Edited by BasilFaulty

Don't have any f15 or f16 keys on my keyboard or are these just some virtual keys . Currently just have it mapped to the down, left, right arrow but would love to get it mapped to the pinky leaver like your talking about. One for center/reset and hold for pause.

Ok... got the down arrow mapped on Target so it does work in centering the trackir. Any way I can use Gui to also recognize the pause feature(right arrow in my case) when I hold it down. I try to use one profile for all flight game on trackir and the arrow keys are usually always available.

Edited by fastfreddie

JSGME default lua ready for use with flaps and engine start.

Thanks Polaris,

but the FLAPS dont work for me. I have searched the MOD/ Joystick/ lua files for the A-10 to implement the files. Didnt found them jjet and i do not know where to place them.

I cant (my fault) configure the flaps. Any ideas?

Thanks alot!!

Thanks Polaris1 and GregP for your help, much appreciated. :thumbup:

I've read all the threads and this seemed to be the best solution for my setup for the Master Arm Switch, thanks to DeJohn for this:

" The line should read as follows.... "

{down = device_commands.Button_10, up = device_commands.Button_10, cockpit_device_id = devices.ELEC_INTERFACE, value_down = -1.0, value_up = 0.0, name = 'Main generator ON/OFF Switch', category = 'Ins Overhead panel'},

I agree with Shagrat, it would be nice to see some of the commands set up a little easier to assign. At least I'm starting to get the lua files and controls slowly sorted out, it's a bit of a challenge after IL2.

Cheers, Scream.

Edited by Screamadelica

Thanks Polaris,

but the FLAPS dont work for me. I have searched the MOD/ Joystick/ lua files for the A-10 to implement the files. Didnt found them jjet and i do not know where to place them.

I cant (my fault) configure the flaps. Any ideas?

Thanks alot!!

LcSummers,

1. Put the file within the JSGME _MODS folder and activate it.

2. Assign JOY_BTN 22 up (flaps up switch) to "Alternate Flaps Up Middle"

3. Assign JOY_BTN 29 (flaps down switch) to "Alternate Flaps Landing middle".

You're welcome :)

jgVplRQ.png

I'm not into finding problems (which I don't argue with) but into finding solutions.

I got thus far with help, lots of help, from others.

Therefore, to make things easier and simpler for newcomers, attached are all my profiles for all the modules I use with the addition of custom controls for 3 modules.

They are all for TM Warthog HOTAS.

My other input devices in the input files: TrackIR 5, Saitek combat rudder pedals.

Please read the read me document within the RAR file before going any further.

With the input folder attached one can be up and flying almost all modules, from scratch, within...well...it depends on how long it takes one to download>unzip>copy>paste ;)

Update...Version 2...

Added Master Arm and Gunsight Power alternate commands to FW-190D9 custom controls...with the help of MadCat's thread " Input and Output » Help ED to help us - stateful commands ".

Update...version 3...

Added a must have modifier step with a guided step by step explanation to the read me document within the file.

Update...version 4...

-Fixed JSGME custom controls for DCS 1.2.10.

-Fixed Fw 190D-9 Dora custom controls for DCS 1.2.10.

-Fixed FW 190D-9 Dora HOTAS settings for DCS 1.2.10.

Update...version 5...

-Added a personally recommended mods list.

-Added SU-25 profile.

-Finalized profiles for all FC3 planes in addition to finalized profiles for A-10C & P-51D and a good TF-51D.

-Excluded ground unit profile.

-Updated Custom controls for latest DCS version 1.2.11.34087.

Update...Version 6...

- Changed Russian planes controls for A/P.

- Changed Russian planes slew sensitivity for Shkval.

- Changed TrackIR zoom control from Zoom View to Camera Zoom View and made the Throttle's Slider control Zoom View.

It achieves a more natural pilot's head movement in the cockpit.

- Previous custom controls ready for latest update.

- Don't forget to read the attached instructions in the read me file.

Due to requests I started a new thread in the Input section.

It contains latest version 7 with Ka-50...

Enjoy

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=2317300#post2317300

Edited by POLARIS1

jgVplRQ.png

Awesome work Polaris. Thanks for all the assistance. It makes the transition from IL2 to DCS a lot easier.

I'd love to see a beginners guide to getting started with DCS as there seem to be a lot of us in that situation, and I have a feeling the numbers are going to increase with all the new DCS WW2 aircraft coming our way.

Cheers, Scream.

Thanks for this Polaris! Hopfully it helps some of my cross controling probs with the Dora and WH throttle. Also in the readme there are two steps. Is it necessary to do both or can one only do step two for the custom control settings?

They are not 2 steps but 2 separate actions with No. 1 dealing with modules' assigned switches and No. 2 dealing with custom controls... eg added commands for toggle switches.

In short...one can use either 1 or 2 separately or together.

jgVplRQ.png

LcSummers,

1. Put the file within the JSGME _MODS folder and activate it.

2. Assign JOY_BTN 22 up (flaps up switch) to "Alternate Flaps Up Middle"

3. Assign JOY_BTN 29 (flaps down switch) to "Alternate Flaps Landing middle".

Hi Polaris,

thank you for your first aid:smilewink:

Throttle to idle is functioning. There was no problem from the beginning with your setup. I enjoy this feature for the D-9

My habbit is not to install JGSE. I install it every time directly to a folder. Never had problems with that.

Sorry, cant find the Button #29. Never mind, i have my old setup for the flaps. Button 22 and 23 for up and down.

Flaps to START position this i have put on the ENGAGE and DISENGAGE button.

Thanks again for your help:thumbup:

No, absolutley not! The Warthog was more or less build with DCS A-10C Warthog in mind, so we may assume that quite a lot of people actually use / have it?

So why can't ED not simply do it as in the A-10C, the Sabre, the F-15C, the Hawk... you name it!

It is not that it should be toooo difficult for them... but it would save especially newcomers from e.g. Il2 or similar sims the pain to learn LUA programming in addition to the complex controls setup. :joystick:

I have lured three people into DCS and every one of them clearly stated he would have given up with the controls if I hadn't helped them... and that was without any messing around in lua files.

Sorry, but this is a serious drawback of DCS and the more you ease the pain and provide help to the people, the better!

When it is possible to offer a "prepared" profile for each plane, maybe optimized ones for X-52, TM Warthog, CH Flightstick and a plain 4-Axis Joystick why not do it!

:book::thumbup:

I agree with you 100%!

With every new module we need to configure, script, swear, pray and shout, slam keyboards on the desk - shout a little bit more, while picking up the keys that flew off the abused keyboard... :mad:

I've learned a little bit how to tweak my personal setup - but it's simply not my job.

I got all modules (ecxept CA) including FC3 - some of them with the idea in mind to support ED and Belsimtek . That's a lot of money, I'd say...

It can't be that much more for ED to hand out some (at least) basic Hotas/Joystick configuration files.

They test it anyway with TM Warthog or Saitek X52 hardware or Cougars, I guess.

There are a lot of guys who are using these hotas systems.

I think the minority who's flying regularly uses cheap joysticks and keyboard shortcuts.

So wouldn't it be a good idea to supply the customers with some configuration setups.

That work 'plug-and-play' - just like the A-10C with the TM Warthog?

I just spend 2 hours trying to map my buttons to the Warthog - skipping back and forth from DCS to Target and back.

I feel a little bit exhausted and frustrated - to say the least.

:cry:

• 1 month later...

I have setup for A-10C like this for flaps, but middle postion doesnt work..

["d145pnilunilcdnilvdnilvpnilvunil"] = {

["added"] = {

[1] = {

["key"] = "JOY_BTN12",

},

},

["name"] = "Flaps Down",

},

["d146pnilunilcdnilvdnilvpnilvunil"] = {

["added"] = {

[1] = {

["key"] = "JOY_BTN11",